Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Warhawk Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt think they would come out so quickly with the block. I kinda figured it would be delayed. Murphys law. If t can go wrong it will. Or something like that. Just will have to wait a little longer.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

I didnt think they would come out so quickly with the block. I kinda figured it would be delayed. Murphys law. If t can go wrong it will. Or something like that. Just will have to wait a little longer.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Collections Removal

Guys,

The levity expressed by badaSS and Wet1 in this frustrating time is welcomed and deeply appreciated. The support expressed by many of you warms us here. It has caused us to intensify our efforts to resolve this unhappy situation.

However, neither levity or support can erase the fact that we've put some people in an uncomfortable financial and crediblity bind, exceeded only by our own. We hate that. We never want to ****-off our potential customer base and submit to an egg facial as well. The ambitious nature of this project and the difficulties of the casting game cannot be ignored.

Our own enthusiasm for the rightness of this design has caused us to show the world our cards before the rest of the players were fully in the game.

As some of you, whose trust we may have lost, have expressed to us; "that ain't happenin again..." We've learned that lesson too.

To those that have been calling our sales guys and getting what now looks like lines of BS, let me clear that up. The fault is all mine. I alone got the info on the sudden, negative turn of events printed above, directly from the "Top", very late last week. I had no chance to coordinate with the guys and my only motivation was to get the truth out here, 3 1/2 weeks early, rather than conceal it and **** the bed at the eighth week deadline. So I posted Sunday, 2PM rather than wait 'till Monday when I could inform sales. It's not fun to figure-out how to tell 5 or 10,000 anxious folks news like this.

So don't hate our sales guys. They're a great bunch and hopefully some of you will give them a chance to supply you with the best in World parts. I promise, we'll coordinate info much better.

A final few thoughts. We know that the limits of the C5R block are in the neighborhood of 1400 HP. (Not a bad neighborhood, at that..) - but we also know that our improvements and techniques will out-perform that. Our sixteen additional ARP fasteners alone are of major significance to strength. The design complexity of this feature in a package this small (we're not talking Merlin-sized here) is proved by one simple fact: the ground is not littered by similar offerings from our competitors or the factory.

It's been a hugely ambitious project, and a testimony to our two man design team. I just hope many of you hang in there and get to benefit from their work.

News will come from me AND THE SALES DEPT. as developments occur.
Thanks for your patience,
Old 05-09-2006, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Talk about misplaced sentiments!... You well wishers don't have a freakin' clue! <(biting my tongue as hard as I can)

PS: The C5-R block might be expensive, but it IS available and it IS a proven product! I think I'll stick with the facts from now on and leave the fiction to those who have the time to wish for something else!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Resident

This is bad news forsure..In the end I know it will be worth it.I would rather wait than build some c5r setup that cant hold the heads on..Nothing like blowing coolant every pass with a 6k block..
Old 05-09-2006, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sr71bbjr
This is bad news forsure..In the end I know it will be worth it.I would rather wait than build some c5r setup that cant hold the heads on..Nothing like blowing coolant every pass with a 6k block..

WOW!... How many C5-R blocks did you have fail?
Old 05-09-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just wonderin can i use the warhawk LS7x heads on an LS1 engine? will i just need the LS7 intake to make it all work? i do not want to buy the 15* version that is made for direct bolt in on LS1s because i plan to buy the Warhawk block and want to reuse the LS7x heads on them. i am also buying a TRex cam and shaft mounted rockers that are indicated for an LS1, will they work on the LS7x heads too?
Old 05-10-2006, 06:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dune-LS1
Talk about misplaced sentiments!... You well wishers don't have a freakin' clue! <(biting my tongue as hard as I can)

PS: The C5-R block might be expensive, but it IS available and it IS a proven product! I think I'll stick with the facts from now on and leave the fiction to those who have the time to wish for something else!
I hear you loud and clear as I am also very inconvenienced by this, but this kind of stuff happens and IS out the control of WP. I'm at a crossroad myself, but please understand WP wants these blocks on the street worse than anyone and I KNOW they are doing anything and everything to get these things on the street ASAP. Keep in mind, WP has a ton of money in this project and it's just sitting in limbo as they too are waiting with their hands tied, if they could be shipping blocks, they would!!!

I have absolutely no ill feelings toward WP, despite the fact that this is a major setback for me personally. I expected the block and heads to be out by the end on Jan. 06... These things happen and I know they are doing what they can to get these things on the street.

I'm very confident in the guys at WP, they will deliver a superior product so the wait is certainly worthwhile for those who can hang in there. I'd like to think they will surprise us and possibly get these blocks to us a little earlier than what was stated above. There's more than one way to skin a cat, hopefully WP will figure out yet another...

Thanks for keeping us up to speed WP.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by C Murda
just wonderin can i use the warhawk LS7x heads on an LS1 engine? will i just need the LS7 intake to make it all work? i do not want to buy the 15* version that is made for direct bolt in on LS1s because i plan to buy the Warhawk block and want to reuse the LS7x heads on them. i am also buying a TRex cam and shaft mounted rockers that are indicated for an LS1, will they work on the LS7x heads too?
The LS7x heads will work on a LS1 block ONLY IF it has been bored to at least 4.065". maybe even bigger. The 15* versions will bolt on to the warhawk block but you would be losing quite abit of the capabilities of the bigger short block. As far as the T-rex goes, yes it will fit but the extra cubes of the LS7x block will turn it into a pussycat. The shaft mounted rockers wil not change over as the ls7 requires offset rockers. Kinda sucks huh? That is why I am only going to build mine once. Stock until then and do it all once.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Katech
I think the LS1tech community understands the time it takes to develop top-notch products on the cutting edge of the industry. I doubt there will be any flaming here and if so, the true die-hards know how it is. I can see your frustrations with outside sources because all of us in the industry experience them.

All I can say is, press on. Everyone is in support of your efforts!
x2
Old 05-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Good to be upfront with people... personally I wanted to build a warhawk setup, one that could contain anything I could ever dream of or afford to throw at it.... but my motor let go well before I was ready to start the new one... so I was forced to make a decision before this stuff became available. Of course, life has slowed down the pace which I was hoping to complete the decided project, but with the delay's due to other things, the warhawk stuff was a thought again... but I'm kind of glad this stuff got delayed... makes the decision I made one that is more easily lived with.

Someday, I will build a warhawk block setup with the heads and all... by the time I am ready to do so, my car will be more then ready for the power, and I'll be used to the power that a 402 will get me, and will probably have some experience dealing with nitrous and how that behaves....... so the warhawk will be the next logical step up the ladder.

When I finally build a warhawk motor, I'll have the car ready. Maybe, by then there will be enough people that will have converted 4th gen cars to 4 link and guys will be over the 10 inch tire thing, so that the power that these monsters will make will actually be usable.

I can already see it, a 4 linked 4th gen cars with turbo setups the size of a sewer lids, procharger F3R head units being pushed to the absolute max, and nitrous cars spraying well over 700 hp of nitrous..... there will be so many 7 and probably 6 second cars that are lsx powered once this stuff is out and about that the old school small blocks and even the big blocks to some extent will die off with the guys that were around when they first came out.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn... i guess ill do what i should do and start spendin the money to prepare the car like a 9 inch and baer brakes...im all around not drag only...
Old 05-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Race your car!

I'd be doing all the chassis stuff, from brakes, to suspension to frame connectors, hell even a 6 pt bar IMO if you are considering building one of these motors... if you aren't looking to make at least 700 rwhp on motor then you have no reaosn to even look at this stuff.... this stuff is for guys that are HARDCORE! 400, 500, 600 hp at the tires, there's plenty of factory GM parts as well as other aftermarket manufacturers taht make stuff for that.

This Block is for the guy that's got a hard-on to trap a car at 170+ on motor... the guy that isn't happy if he can't go thru a whole 2 gallon fuel cell in one pass down teh dragstrip LOL. This block/heads, are for the guys that are trying ot make 2000 hp, and I"m sure that once this stuff is out on the market, you'll see all motor setup's that are 15+to 1 compression making over 1200 hp on motor, probably spinning htem past the 8500 mark. You will se turbo/supercharger cars, as well as nitrous cars making in excess of 2000 hp.

Even the guy that's trying to build a street car that can break the tires loose at 100 mph on the highway... really doesn't have a need for this thing.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I'd be doing all the chassis stuff, from brakes, to suspension to frame connectors, hell even a 6 pt bar IMO if you are considering building one of these motors... if you aren't looking to make at least 700 rwhp on motor then you have no reaosn to even look at this stuff.... this stuff is for guys that are HARDCORE! 400, 500, 600 hp at the tires, there's plenty of factory GM parts as well as other aftermarket manufacturers taht make stuff for that.

This Block is for the guy that's got a hard-on to trap a car at 170+ on motor... the guy that isn't happy if he can't go thru a whole 2 gallon fuel cell in one pass down teh dragstrip LOL. This block/heads, are for the guys that are trying ot make 2000 hp, and I"m sure that once this stuff is out on the market, you'll see all motor setup's that are 15+to 1 compression making over 1200 hp on motor, probably spinning htem past the 8500 mark. You will se turbo/supercharger cars, as well as nitrous cars making in excess of 2000 hp.

Even the guy that's trying to build a street car that can break the tires loose at 100 mph on the highway... really doesn't have a need for this thing.
you left out the daily driver guys that want to crank the boost up HIGH for the track without lifing the heads....
Old 05-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Race your car!

Oh yeah, those guys too. The ones that want to build a car that they can turn the boost to about 1 psi, and drive around on the street with 500 rwhp on pump gas..... then go to the track, wick the bitch to about 25 psi and run xxx at 170 mph LOL.

I always for forget about those guys LOL, not sure why
Old 05-10-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

I agree get it right the first time around. And its good your not beating around the bush, and coming straight out with the problems you guys are having. And like many of us i get more time now to save more money, in hopes to be able to buy one of those products you are developing. Good Luck
-Joel
Old 05-10-2006, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Way to handle this guys, can't wait for these things to come out.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Way to be straight with us Merlin Pro. It really doesn't take much to please us, just the truth. And you have found that out the easy way!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Teching In

What about people who have paid $4k up front to have these blocks. Are we supposed to wait until August or later with money out of their pocket just to stand in line?

The right thing to do is refund money and let the customers have their spots in line and call em as they come up.

I'm ready to go back to a C5R setup because at least you know what and when you are getting a product and when the money goes out the door the product comes in.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Collections Removal

asmoke,

It is World's policy to NOT accept deposits or full payments on items not yet in production. Our stocking dealer network is free to pursue their own policies in this regard.