Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS7 in 04 ctsv?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question LS7 in 04 ctsv?

Thinking of putting a LS7 in an 04 CTSV. Original engine is a LS6 with a C5 style computer-24tooth reluctor. I think I am going to need the same parts needed to put a LS7 into a C5 vette. I have a few questions Hope yall can help!

I want to use the stock computer for tuneing- is it possible? I have HP tuners currently, and was planning on getting a look at a stock LS7 tune and copying it for my base line?

does the reluctor have to be swapped- or is there an interface"black box"?
if it hs to be swapped does the crank need to be re-ballanced? Is the reluctor teh biggest issue here- i hope so!!

I am going to get the extender harness for the cam sensor, does the new sensor "read" like the LS6 sensor? I have read the sprocket needs to be changed? is this true, and if it needs to be changed, changed to what?

Do i mount the ls6 knock sensors to the LS7 or just plug the harness into the LS7 sensors? what other harnesses will I need?

Currently I have Kooks 1 7/8 headers will i need custom headers or will these work. I plan on getting 3in exhaust to replace the 2 1/2 that I have.

I plan on mounting the oil tank where the battery is and moving the battery to the trunk- the oil lines should not be a problem>

Probably go with a big radiator so the cooling should be fine?

LS7 clutch assembly, with a spacer on the slave- no issues there, unless the new t56 has a different spline count?
Old 08-06-2006, 12:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by c5racr1
Thinking of putting a LS7 in an 04 CTSV. Original engine is a LS6 with a C5 style computer-24tooth reluctor. I think I am going to need the same parts needed to put a LS7 into a C5 vette. I have a few questions Hope yall can help!

I want to use the stock computer for tuneing- is it possible? I have HP tuners currently, and was planning on getting a look at a stock LS7 tune and copying it for my base line?
Yes, it is possible.

does the reluctor have to be swapped- or is there an interface"black box"?
if it hs to be swapped does the crank need to be re-ballanced? Is the reluctor teh biggest issue here- i hope so!!
Yes, you need to use the 24x trigger and 2005 LS2 cam gear. You'll need to rebalance the crank.

I am going to get the extender harness for the cam sensor, does the new sensor "read" like the LS6 sensor? I have read the sprocket needs to be changed? is this true, and if it needs to be changed, changed to what?

Do i mount the ls6 knock sensors to the LS7 or just plug the harness into the LS7 sensors? what other harnesses will I need?
Use the LS6 knock sensors on the side of the block. They will fit in the motor mount holes. We have the harnesses. Yes, use the 2005 LS2 cam sprocket.

Currently I have Kooks 1 7/8 headers will i need custom headers or will these work. I plan on getting 3in exhaust to replace the 2 1/2 that I have.
Your headers will work.

I plan on mounting the oil tank where the battery is and moving the battery to the trunk- the oil lines should not be a problem>
That will work. Use AN fittings in the bottom of the tank and get our AN oil line adapter for the pan. This way you can use braided line for the oil scavenge and make them custom-fit to your car.

Probably go with a big radiator so the cooling should be fine?
It would be a good idea to upgrade to a Ron Davis radiator.

LS7 clutch assembly, with a spacer on the slave- no issues there, unless the new t56 has a different spline count?
Should be no issues. Use your CTS-V's pilot bearing.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks sent you a email to your Katech address, need some parts!