Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

HPE Big Nitrous ZO6 update

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:30 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just like to see one of these 600+RWHP stock motor, cam with bolt on cars go down the 1/4 mile to see what kind of trap speed they get... that's over 150RWHP more than a stock C6 Z06... it should be good for close to 140MPH...
Old 10-06-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Where are you located Id like to see that swap!
Is that Jeff?? I haven't seen that screen name since the days of EFA We're in the Waldorf area
Old 10-06-2006, 02:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by vmax1500
I would just like to see one of these 600+RWHP stock motor, cam with bolt on cars go down the 1/4 mile to see what kind of trap speed they get... that's over 150RWHP more than a stock C6 Z06... it should be good for close to 140MPH...
why is that? I thought dyno numbers didn't mean ****

this thread went from informative to gay really quick
Old 10-06-2006, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

ditto
Old 10-06-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 170 Likes on 112 Posts

Remember when the LG race Vette with supposedly a stock displacement shortblock and out of the box AFR 205 heads (milled) ran 140mph all motor in the video they posted up a few years back...... Riiiiiiiiight!!!!

There is a brand new local Z06 with the LG cam/heads/intake package ($4K+) and it doesn't mph anywhere near what they say it should. How can they get away with all those baloney numbers and make posts about them as a vendor on here? Total dishonesty unless their dyno is 10-15% higher than everyone elses.....
Old 10-06-2006, 07:53 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by gnx7
Remember when the LG race Vette with supposedly a stock displacement shortblock and out of the box AFR 205 heads (milled) ran 140mph all motor in the video they posted up a few years back...... Riiiiiiiiight!!!!

There is a brand new local Z06 with the LG cam/heads/intake package ($4K+) and it doesn't mph anywhere near what they say it should. How can they get away with all those baloney numbers and make posts about them as a vendor on here? Total dishonesty unless their dyno is 10-15% higher than everyone elses.....
What does the local Z06 MPH?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

It's called marketing..

Originally Posted by gnx7

Old 10-06-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it should be illegal to have a car that nice...lucky bastard, lol.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck@HPE
Just letting everyone know that car finally did get finished, and is back home in Dallas. It put down a very safe 880 rwhp. Still has a lot more in it, but we didn't want any more mishaps. I just wanted to post the final numbers so everybody who was curious could know how it did...

And for those who haven't seen the car, Click here

The initial hit of the nitrous caused some driveline surge. You can kind of see it in the graph. Each pull lasted about 3 seconds. So imagine transferring that kind of power, in that short of time.

I know Lance was happy earlier. He couldn't stand still Should leave for a fun ride on the street. That's right over 1000 flywheel horsepower. Not too shabby I suppose...

Chuck @ HPE
281-448-1300
lets get back on track here, chuck i am building a similar motr to you guys, i building a 434 , using GM ls7 heads, and i plan on spraying a fair amount. what heads studs are you guys running, and how much are they torqued down to??, and are the heads on the motor gm castings?. also last question i heard that the lash caps on the ls7 heads are crap, is that true? because i bought all the gm valves and lash caps already so i would out some money now.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:24 PM
FormerVendor

You guys crack me up. Seriously, you are, well, most of you are grown up men. There is more to a mph, or ET than meets the eye. Trust me. I had a kid trap 104 with a stock C6. dont you think he should Bash GM because it didnt run what they said it should run?

The C5 that went 140 was legit. 100% box stock AFRs, 24x cam, FAST and a good driver. I had many, many people on hand that day to verify that 140 trap. I had a crew of 4 guys~ working their *** off on that car that day. 6 passes, 4 diffs broken.

As far as the 623 rwhp? Why the **** do I have to verify my numbers? We did it at a dyno day, in front of 50 people, on the same rollers that 40+ cars dynoed on. No one called BS on their personal numbers, or numbers of others, yet for some reason they people on the internet want to believe that it never happened because of their personal sub-par numbers.

We have been tested, flamed, beat on, and beat up by all of you on the internet. We have stood the test of time with a quality product, not closed up shop and screwed a bunch of people, we verified our numbers with 5 other shops in the Dallas area, and we certainly werent the highest.

The LS7 heads flow, the car makes power and theres more to the package than sticking a big cam in it and some form of exhaust on it.

Jason @ Katech, no offense, but come on buddy. GM testing, YEARS of GM dumping money on your program, Caddy CTS V LS7 testing, I know you have made that same power. Just because you are not willing to push the envelope on a street car isnt my problem. Post up some of those 575rwhp 346 cubic inch big bore, short stroke LS7 results. Then we can call BS on them and call you a liar.

Louis "Had a long day on a TV show set today" @ LGM
Old 10-06-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

What kinda clutch yall use for the Z06 project?
Old 10-06-2006, 09:52 PM
FormerVendor

Exedy twin. Pricey, but Great All around clutch, doesnt like being ridden for many passes at the strip however We have yet to have ONE come back due to chatter, squeal, or bad pedal. Not to mention, we pull the car apart once, and put it together once. None of this pulling it apart numerous times to get them setup right.

On another note- I apologise if someone takes my post the wrong way. Forgive me. I have been on a reality show set for the last 6 days and not gotten much sleep. Thank god call time isnt until 9 tomorrow....
Old 10-06-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Veteran

sweet dude! What channel?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis

Jason @ Katech, no offense, but come on buddy. GM testing, YEARS of GM dumping money on your program, Caddy CTS V LS7 testing, I know you have made that same power. Just because you are not willing to push the envelope on a street car isnt my problem. Post up some of those 575rwhp 346 cubic inch big bore, short stroke LS7 results. Then we can call BS on them and call you a liar.
I need to clerify a few facts here and keep this professional. I feel that calling a fellow supporting vendor a liar on a public forum is in bad taste and I'm a bit surprised.

No, we have not made 600rwhp on a C6 Z06. I have no problem telling everybody that. In fact, I'm proud to tell everybody on this forum accurate numbers regardless of how they may sound compared to others. I don't think it's a matter of pushing the envelope. I bet you, us, HPE, and others are all using very similar camshafts which we know is the main power adder here. The difference is in the testing procedures.

The short stroke LS7s make 585hp, not 585rwhp. All of our dyno advertisments are on a Schenk-Pegasus water brake dyno with Superflow electronics corrected to STP J-607 by a ISO9001 certified company that regularly calibrates our dynos. Our testing procedures are strict enough for GM Racing and we carry that level of precision into our street program.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:40 PM
FormerVendor

Speed Channel. Same guys that did/do Overhaulin and Payback. Im sure as soon as Im allowed, Ill talk all about it. Till then, expect an Air date sometime in jan/feb. Itll be 4 1 hour shows
Old 10-06-2006, 10:47 PM
FormerVendor

Jason, I didnt call you a liar. I was poking fun at you

I bet we are using similar camshafts...... long, slender rods with 16 bumps on them. Thats the extent of the similarities. We sold you a Cam a while ago which was just a small XE lobed cam, we have since moved on in big ways from that.

Also, I know what those cars made in 04, and 585 crank might be the number on your dyno, but if you put it on a dynojet, I know it was very respectable and Way more than 585-15%
Old 10-07-2006, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

well all I see here,
1.HPE's dyno numbers are to high
2.it dyno arround 590rwhp n/a and the rest nitrous. say a 300 shot ?
3.and yes this is marketing anyone is trying to get customers to purchase
there goods

and jason (kateck) you said you got offended by getting called a liar. well
how would you fill if HPE was trying prove you wrong, just like your doing.you might
be doing the right thing here.But it doesnt look that proffecional when a shop
is trying to prove another shop wrong in public. This smells like you dont whant
HPE to get all the customers relathing to this topic.

Chuck HPE the best thing you guys could off done to get peopple off your back.
you should post a dyno **** of an N/A pass
Old 10-07-2006, 10:02 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Katech
lol. I was thinking about the math after I posted.

Lets assume dynojet numbers here instead of Mustang
600rwhp C6Z06 with this magical cam
assume 12% DTL = 672hp
stock LS7 505hp
672-505= 167hp from just a cam swap
wow
WOW
great numbers for just a cam. will that cam work in my honda???
Hey guys Katech has a honda cam that will increase horsepower 167RWHP
I think ill post this on a honda site
Old 10-07-2006, 11:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaarky
well all I see here,
1.HPE's dyno numbers are to high
2.it dyno arround 590rwhp n/a and the rest nitrous. say a 300 shot ?
3.and yes this is marketing anyone is trying to get customers to purchase
there goods

and jason (kateck) you said you got offended by getting called a liar. well
how would you fill if HPE was trying prove you wrong, just like your doing.you might
be doing the right thing here.But it doesnt look that proffecional when a shop
is trying to prove another shop wrong in public. This smells like you dont whant
HPE to get all the customers relathing to this topic.

Chuck HPE the best thing you guys could off done to get peopple off your back.
you should post a dyno **** of an N/A pass

What? I don't doubt HPE at all. Chuck and I were agreeing with eachother regarding various discussions we've seen of people claiming 600+rwhp cam-only C6 Z06s.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

LG does have that slogan...."Where money buys speed." I'm beginning to think there is something to that..

Quick Reply: HPE Big Nitrous ZO6 update