Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Low RPM "shudder"- also, hard start at times.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Low RPM "shudder"- also, hard start at times.

OK, this one is odd- it seems that ever since the 60#ers were installed I have had a couple of issues that I'm not sure if they are tune/injector related or something else-

a) the car has a 1200-2000 rpm or so "shudder" when slowly revving it or letting it wind down- not a misfire, almost like something is out of balance, like a wobbling/shuddering feeling that you feel in the wheel and shifter when free revving it. I was initially concerned it was another trashed piston, but compression is good. I am wondering if it is anything with fueling at all- it is odd, but who knows- I know it wasn't there before, and it varies with operating temps too it seems- not too bad at startup, and worse after driving a while- that is the ONLY reason I was wondering if it could be tune-related some how some way...

I did also just get the motor back together a couple of days before the injector swap and was taking it easy for a while, so I could have missed it previously, but I think I would have noticed it. Only other idea was that maybe the new pistons aren't a good weight match for the rest of them, but again, it varies with temp though- really odd, you'd think a balance issue would be a constant...

b) it is occassionally hard to start, at times it will crank quite a while until starting, others it fires right up. It seems like anywhere under 5-10 minutes from shutting it off is ok or after a few hours, anywhere in between and it will crank a while before firing. I checked pressure to make sure it is not bleeding down and it seems ok.

I should add the car is an 05 GTO LS2. Thanks.
Joe
Old 10-17-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?

Quick Reply: Low RPM "shudder"- also, hard start at times.