Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 heads flowing 374cfm & exh 250cfm

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned - Ed Curtis aka EDC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VETTKLR
Only if he gets a custom Jay Allen cam, huh Cesar
Better buy stock in valves and valve springs.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ITs cool Cesar at the end of this your work will be noticed. Thanks bud.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by UGotBeaT
hmmm....and who are you to criticize my ports??? Im guessing your just going off what your buddy chris says cause I see absolutely nothing wrong with the vlave guide area or anything else...the port with all the bondo is going to be what the finished port is going to look like.
Just an ordinary Joe with some knowledge under my belt thats all.

Chris does Nascar, Pro Stock, Nextel etc heads. there are some things that ive witnessed him do first hand that could be used on those heads to make more power...

Not to **** in cheerios but he did those same style heads a few weeks ago and they flowed on overage 20 cfm more...

If you cant except criticizm on your work, you are in the wrong profession already. Go look elsewhere for day labor type stuff.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by V6 Bird

Chris does Nascar, Pro Stock, Nextel etc heads. there are some things that ive witnessed him do first hand that could be used on those heads to make more power...

Not to **** in cheerios but he did those same style heads a few weeks ago and they flowed on overage 20 cfm more...

If you cant except criticizm on your work, you are in the wrong profession already. Go look elsewhere for day labor type stuff.
you are about a stupid son of a bitch. if you would actually read what cesar said he did to those heads you would understand why your buddy flowed more, and i guess you think your some kind of badass because you have watched your buddy port heads before. big ****** deal!!! oh also if you havent read BigBronco's comment you then you might wanna check that out before you start talkin **** on someones job.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02blutb
you are about a stupid son of a bitch. if you would actually read what cesar said he did to those heads you would understand why your buddy flowed more, and i guess you think your some kind of badass because you have watched your buddy port heads before. big ****** deal!!! oh also if you havent read BigBronco's comment you then you might wanna check that out before you start talkin **** on someones job.

First of all mike is not stupid and he knows more than you all think he does, that's why he takes everyone's money at the races from the people who say they know all.. . Let me ask you who are you to speak on cylinder heads? I really don't care but if your going to argue with mike than you should know what your looking at. Mike has picked up a lot of very educated tricks in the cylinder head indusrty by watching and asking questions. There's things that i see in the port work that i would have done different, but who cares most cylinder head porters are described as being artistic in our own crazy way. So no one has the same exact style. Casey and Brandon were great teachers to me too when i attended SAM. And i've learned a ton more now that i'm in the big leagues now so to speak and the indusrty is always changing. I've worked with some of the greatest head porters in the country such has Jeff lily, Phil coleman, Daren Morgan etc, and i talk to most of them evey week to converse on new ideas in the cup and pro stock series. So good luck to Caesar because it only gets harder once he's out of school and is dealing with the other competion in the counrty. Mike was just saying that there are things that could be done to the port that would further benefit the flow and the power curve once it's on the motor. The port will also be different depending on the Engine, cam and manifold application. The port i did was a NA setup and it was going to be 14.5 cr, so i needed good port velocity and i kept the port as small as i could while still achieving my cross sectional area to achieve 400+ cfm. The intake maifold was also a big part of the combination, and maintaining the correct cross sectional area in it also. So needless to say a lot goes into a cylinder head and the average person has no idea how hard the work really is. So lets just drop all the **** in this post because i'm sure you guys are not head porters, so good luck Caesar.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easy boys lets all put the crayons down and walk away.....

NASTE_SS is about the only guy on here who has a clue.

Bret
Old 11-15-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

i have seen chris's work as well. he built my LS2 403 while at Xtreme before going to where he is now, I believe my motor was the last short block he built before leaving on to the big leagues. he is a meticulous, perfectionist type of person and i only wish i could afford his cylinder head work. I was on a budget and had to take out of the box options that were available earlier this year. I got a steal on a a set of Dart 225's, used for 1200 miles for a G, so i took them and ran.

i learned alot from chris over a 6 month period of time. he was able to give me real answers and explain things in away i could understand and im not a machinist. took calls from me over and over asking question after question, never once got irritated or worn out from my badgering of questions. im a real estate and mortgage guy with some mechanical skills and thats about it.

Chris is a stand up guy, he didnt knock the work but just says he would do it differently, thats a pretty political answer in this day and age. Very professional guy. I would trust anything he were to tell me to change. I myself would love to do a L92/L76 combo on my 403 in the future to see what kind of power could be had from the swap. Hopefully i can afford to have Chris do the cylinder head work in the future and spec a cam out as well.

Chris my car is together, i have no idea what kind of power its putting down, it has been street tuned and the clutch cant hold power over 5500 rpms. The motor runs solid and hard! Hope to have a new clutch put in soon.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:03 AM
On The Tree

Im a cylinder head porter myself, have been for the past years. Im not going to say that Im the best just because I have been around or worked with some of the best. Casey and Brandon have show maney things and Im greatful for that. So when somebody tells me that they dumpt f_ck up heads on my lap. Thats like telling me that I dont know what the hell Im looking at nor does Casey or Brandon and you all know they have worked with the best. All Im saying now is lets drop all the BS talk and as for Cesar hey bud you are doing a great job I mean if they are comparing you with some of the big dogs when you just grad that has to say something about you. Lets see what we can get out of these L92 bad boys. Can somebody say 400cfm. I know I know 400cfm, hey guys give me a break a guy has to have dreams and sometimes they come true. The way I see it right now this heads rock because well hell 374cfm as of now and what do these heads go for this days, like 175 each bare right? Now if they only had some good rocker arms, Jesel told me they would make some but for 1400 bucks we are no longer on the cheap seats anymore. I guess with time somebody will come out with something.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

your statements are true. this cyl head is cheap in stock form and can be just bolted up in stock form and ran. im not up to date on these heads, but im watching and waiting for someone else to go through trial and error and next year i might take a stab at them. isnt $1400 the going rate for any set of jesels?
Old 11-15-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

what are u trying to say? by making this comment,
Old 11-15-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NemeSS
what are u trying to say? by making this comment,
Exactly what I said...Did I say something wrong?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

1400 Are a little cheaper then say those solid roller rockers. But they are being made non adj. and dont those go for 695 or so for LS1 types? I know these are diff. from the LS1 heads but I dont feel like paying that kind of money for the first set. It is said in order to play you have to pay. I did that already thats why I got a set of C5R heads and rockers from Jesel & a sheetmetal intake from Bech aswell.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

so just use the stock rockers, for now
Old 11-16-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NASTE_SS
First of all mike is not stupid and he knows more than you all think he does, that's why he takes everyone's money at the races from the people who say they know all.. .
Ha ha, with what car?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

V6 Bird is a decoy for the *** whooping you will get when you sit next to me on the strip. I assure you this "V6" Hits on all 8 cylinders.
Once again , BWAHAHAHAHAHA , in what car?
Old 11-16-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KECHME
Like YOU have room to ask this question?
Old 11-16-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by KECHME

Old 11-16-2006, 07:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
Like YOU have room to ask this question?

Old 11-16-2006, 10:55 PM
10 Second Club

hahaha
Old 11-17-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NemeSS
everybody u talk to now a days in tx is a sam student or knows one
ooh. someone i know is now going to go there... so i can say i know a SAM student too!!

Quick Reply: L92 heads flowing 374cfm & exh 250cfm