Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Bad Tuning blows up '03 Z06/ Bad LS7 crate motors

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006 | 10:28 PM
Super Hulk Smash

So the moral to the story is: buy EFI Live and tune in 1-bar SD yourself!
Old 12-07-2006 | 10:53 PM
Teching In

Default yes, that's all it is.......

Originally Posted by jay_99z
So that tune isn't your work? It's actually a doctored file used to make you look bad? Just trying to follow along....

Yeah....seems that way....What's to stop someone from making rediculous timing tables in the editor and posting it while telling people that it's mine.....

What's the motivation for them to do this.....??

I have a very popular shop in my area and I service a large number of vettes in my shop......Obviously, someone is upset about it..... And, the two clowns who have never even been to my shop and who have never met me......Would probably like to believe that if they keep bashing me and slandering me online they might get some sort of "bonus points" from the shop owner where they hang out.... Kinda silly isn't it???

Anyone could post any crap they like online....There is no signature or other identifying info that means it came from here....And they know this.....

Chuck CoW
Old 12-08-2006 | 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Yeah....seems that way....What's to stop someone from making rediculous timing tables in the editor and posting it while telling people that it's mine.....

What's the motivation for them to do this.....??

I have a very popular shop in my area and I service a large number of vettes in my shop......Obviously, someone is upset about it..... And, the two clowns who have never even been to my shop and who have never met me......Would probably like to believe that if they keep bashing me and slandering me online they might get some sort of "bonus points" from the shop owner where they hang out.... Kinda silly isn't it???

Anyone could post any crap they like online....There is no signature or other identifying info that means it came from here....And they know this.....

Chuck CoW

I guess that is my answer... The file, picture, and whatever else have been tampered with in order to defame you (for whatever reason)...

Old 12-08-2006 | 07:33 AM
TECH Regular

Wasn't a simular thread on Corvette Forum closed as ppl kept each other ??
Old 12-08-2006 | 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Wasn't a simular thread on Corvette Forum closed as ppl kept each other ??
Was the thread locked or deleted???
Old 12-08-2006 | 09:05 AM
12 Second Club

Old 12-08-2006 | 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

What happened to big Quimbo?
Old 12-08-2006 | 09:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SideStep
Was the thread locked or deleted???

The thread was deleted and a number of people were banned but the vendor was not banned for he pays that sight.
Once again the all mighty green back was more important to them than the sights intergrity. I guess they would rather be paid and not worry about what there vendors do to sight members

Rice
Old 12-08-2006 | 09:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
What happened to big Quimbo?

Quimbo and some others were banned but have since been given there posting privileges back. On the other hand I have been banned for life from that sight
its to bad all that sight cares about is money!!!!!!!!! After the post came out on the corvette forum about Classic Restorations problems and the past problems that have been talked about this tuner you would think that the sight owners would ask the tuner to leave.

Rice
Old 12-08-2006 | 10:12 AM
Teching In

Default Do you think......

Originally Posted by fried rice
Quimbo and some others were banned but have since been given there posting privileges back. On the other hand I have been banned for life from that sight
its to bad all that sight cares about is money!!!!!!!!! After the post came out on the corvette forum about Classic Restorations problems and the past problems that have been talked about this tuner you would think that the sight owners would ask the tuner to leave.Rice
Hey Fried.....

Did you ever think that you might have been banned for VIOLATING FORUM RULES on an ongoing basis????

Or Maybe because you and Quimbo refuse to stop with your chilish ranting about what a bad guy I am.????

It's pretty obvious that "Quimbo" and "Fried Whatever" are "Vette Doctors cheerleaders" standing on the sidelines shouting "go Carmen!"...Check their posing history on any website......It's pretty obvious to most of us what is going on.....

Here's a tip guys.....Chang your style of posting to something that resembles a responsible, mature, and most of all intelligent adult.

Then, maybe you won't keep getting banned on a regular basis.

Violating forum Rules WILL get you banned every time!
Chuck CoW
Old 12-08-2006 | 10:15 AM
Super Hulk Smash

This is no longer a technical debate. It's a he said, he said war with some really outrageous allegations being tossed around.
Old 12-08-2006 | 10:36 AM
Teching In

Default I second the motion!

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™

This is no longer a technical debate. It's a he said, he said war with some really outrageous allegations being tossed around.

I totally agree.....I second the motion.
Chuck CoW
Old 12-08-2006 | 10:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSXGOAT
So basicaly heres what im getting by this whole ordeal....
1) I can pay the forum to be able to talk smack about anyone who dissagrees with me without getting banned while getting them banned

2) I dont have to answer anyone questions about what i am doing wrong and just point fingers at a select group because they dont realy like me.

3) im allowed to destroy somones engine by miss-tuning it and just blame the engine blowing up by driving the car how it's capable

I just saw this thread today and so far i know i will NEVER get this cow to ever tune any of my vehicles. Ive heard of him from other people on other forums (some havent been mentioned yet) and so far he seems to be blowing up a portion of his "tuned" cars, if you want to call it tuned even. Like other have said if he were to give us some reasons why his "tune" wasnt right then we can judge by that but instead he just says that it's the guys fault for trusting his tune....

This Cow needs to grow up instead of calling other immature and getting a hissy fit and saying his "attorney" is gona sue him. bla bla bla, GROW THE ***** UP!!!!

Im ready to get banned, if a forum supports a guy like that and lets him keep getting his way by banning others then so be it, ive got my forum and i know who to trust now
THANK YOU WOULD YOU CARE TO MENTION ANY OF THOSE OTHER SIGHTS SO THERE ARE MORE SIGHTS DO TELL!!!!!!!

Rice I couldnt have said it any better myself
Old 12-08-2006 | 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

ENOUGH. This thread was about LS7 engine issues. There doesn't need to be any discussions about something that happened on another forum or whatever.

MR. COW, Fried Rice, Quimbo....Enough. Thread is way off topic. Take it to PM's or something else.
Old 12-08-2006 | 11:11 AM
Launching!

So did we ever get anywhere with the apparent issues with the LS7's?
Old 12-08-2006 | 11:48 AM
Teching In

After some reasearch and some asking around since my post, i see cows point here. Not with this one issolated event but with the general bashing of him. When there is only a few people who have a succesfull tuning business there is bound to be alot of trash talking. After thinking about it im now siding with.... myself, i dont know any of you personaly nor done work with anyone so why would what i say matter.

hey cow, do you tune GTO's too?

edit: i know i cant talk cuz i did it too, but why bash so much??? you only loose by talking ****. What if your "tuner" retires and there is only him left, do you think he would put the extra effort in after you were talking so much trash?

Last edited by LSXGOAT; 12-08-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-08-2006 | 01:42 PM
Teching In

Default Yeah, GTO's are welcome too.....

Originally Posted by LSXGOAT
After some reasearch and some asking around since my post, i see cows point here. Not with this one issolated event but with the general bashing of him. When there is only a few people who have a succesfull tuning business there is bound to be alot of trash talking. After thinking about it im now siding with.... myself, i dont know any of you personaly nor done work with anyone so why would what i say matter.

hey cow, do you tune GTO's too?

edit: i know i cant talk cuz i did it too, but why bash so much??? you only loose by talking ****. What if your "tuner" retires and there is only him left, do you think he would put the extra effort in after you were talking so much trash?
Yes, I just tuned an 05' GTO the other day.....We have a huge GTO club in our area and additionally, one of my employees has an 04 that we have messed with alot.....

They are erally cool cars.....Kinda limited on traction.....but, man are they fast!! Also, we have a connection for rear end gears for the GOAT!

The engine is the same as the vette.....so is the computer and the trans....

Call me if you want more info on tuning......

STAY TUNED!
Chuck CoW
Old 12-08-2006 | 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Richiec77
ENOUGH. This thread was about LS7 engine issues. There doesn't need to be any discussions about something that happened on another forum or whatever.

MR. COW, Fried Rice, Quimbo....Enough. Thread is way off topic. Take it to PM's or something else.
Actually the htread started with a bashing of a shop that later became named as COW.

I saw the car there and asked what was getting done and was told about a brake problem that has 6 or 7 rotors changed in 7k miles. Obviously the owner failed to address the real issue and was simply fixing the symptoms. He didnt want to pay for suggested parts to fix the car....simply wanted the symptom fixed. Chuck's mistake was doing anything in that event.

The blown motor talked about in the first thread was the final result of running the motor after Chuck claims the owner called him about some pinging noticed at high MPH. Against recommendation, the owner continued to drive the car after he was told to come back for additional fuel tuning. Even if he didnt want COW to touch the car he had been told not to run the car and still saw fit to do so after noticing pinging.

There are 2 sides to every story I was told when I posted about a tuner that did wrong by me. I see it applies here too. Brake issues, LS7 issues and running a car after hearing pinging makes for serieous issues outside the scope of what COW did.

Maybe if people bash everyone, it makes for a better nights sleep.

---Moderator notified for the lock of a bash thread.
Old 12-08-2006 | 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SideStep
I have been using HPTuners for three years and I am very aware of all the timing modifier tables (or at least the ones HPTuner lets you get to). I am finding it hard to believe he is having the PCM command 45 degrees advance (in the High Octane table) only to remove it in the IAT spark base table (for example).

I saw a scan of AINTQIK's car and that table didnt look anything like that. He didnt have 45 degrees anywhere on the table and the scan revealed no knock anywhere.

I guess when the topic suits, people can post what they need to.

Anyone else have a tune from him? I will scan it with HPtuners and let you know. If there is any truth to this and it isnt just a bash like Quimbo folk who have prior issues with Chuck invalidating the statements, we should know.
Old 12-08-2006 | 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

spinmonster thats correct the key word here is PRIOR issues i havent seen Classic Restorations tune so dont make me out to be a DEMON this tuner has screwed up in the past and wouldnt admit it and pointed fingers else where so what makes you think if he screwed up again he wouldnt point fingers towards someone else like he did this time. There are 3 sides to every STORY CLASSIC
RESTORATION, COW ANDS MOST IMPORTANT THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im done here i will just sit back and wait till someone else has a problem and then I CAN SAY I TOLD YOU SO

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

Quick Reply: Bad Tuning blows up '03 Z06/ Bad LS7 crate motors