Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Precision Race Components Ported 6.2L Cylinder Heads Almost Ready!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You and me both Doofy... I really couldn't swallow 1200 bucks for a fast 90/90 on top of a good set of heads. Now I'll be able to do both for under 1800 bones.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:59 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just putting this here.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
agreed..... hogged out heads suck... to much volume means bad velocity...
You've repeatedly proven to be an idiot. Way to go.

Nate
Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

PRC,
What do they flow at .700"?

I know most of these guys don't run lifts that high, but for comparison purposes it would help.

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nate_Taufer
You've repeatedly proven to be an idiot. Way to go.

Nate
ever heard of swirl? venturi? you are saying you can not go too far with runner volume?
Old 12-04-2006, 11:59 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry guys until the digitized version is finally run off the machine I don't want to quote runner cc's. Really I was just trying to let everyone know I'm almost ready, I didn't figure I would get hammered for it...

You know sometimes this internet sheeet gets really old.. One person bashes you because they're butt hurt because of your pricing is to cheap so the attempt to discredit you... The next guy wants to pay for your heads test them & give me back a used set of heads for a full refund..

All I'm trying to say in this post is we've been working on these things & should have something finalized pretty soon! I will be doing complete engine & chassis dyno testing very shortly! Just give me some time guys & I'll get you all every bit of information you could want.

404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 12-04-2006, 12:04 PM
FormerVendor

Be sure and upload the CNC program too so we can all have that
Old 12-04-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
You know sometimes this internet sheeet gets really old.. One person bashes you because they're butt hurt because of your pricing is to cheap so the attempt to discredit you... The next guy wants to pay for your heads test them & give me back a used set of heads for a full refund..

All I'm trying to say in this post is we've been working on these things & should have something finalized pretty soon! I will be doing complete engine & chassis dyno testing very shortly! Just give me some time guys & I'll get you all every bit of information you could want.

Lol, you gotta love the internet soap operas. Can't please all the shadetrees. Thanks for the update.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Sorry guys until the digitized version is finally run off the machine I don't want to quote runner cc's. Really I was just trying to let everyone know I'm almost ready, I didn't figure I would get hammered for it...

I've been reading this thread everyday and it does surprise me that everyone is so demanding of an unreleased product. I am very interested in these heads but purchasing is down the road so I want to stay up to date. It's so unreal that so many people are slammin a literally BRAND NEW product. Thanks for the update as well!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dhdenney
I've been reading this thread everyday and it does surprise me that everyone is so demanding of an unreleased product. I am very interested in these heads but purchasing is down the road so I want to stay up to date. It's so unreal that so many people are slammin a literally BRAND NEW product. Thanks for the update as well!

I agree, I just try to keep up with all of the great parts that all of the sponsors keep putting out.
Yes like most I have been waiting for the release of these heads, but I guess a little patience will pay off in the long run. Keep us posted as always.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

You guys know me, I'll have dyno testing & everything for you Just give me some time & I'll make it happen!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 12-04-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dhdenney
I've been reading this thread everyday and it does surprise me that everyone is so demanding of an unreleased product.

It's so unreal that so many people are slammin a literally BRAND NEW product.
Man, I couldn't even imagine owing a shop and dealing with those kinds of customers everyday. I have alot of respect for those who do without going mental.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im ready to pull the trigger on a 416... just waiting for the heads to show themselves. Perhaps the ETP or TFS heads will still be better.. I think we will need a few months before the dust settles and the "best" heads are known.

Gunnar emailed me to say their heads are due mid jan, so perhaps we will soon get some nice results with the PRC, Patriot and other L92 head real soon.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

Most threads seem to degenerate into some form of name calling. Whatever, I stopped paying attention to it a long time ago. I'm here for the tech.

I'd rather you give accurtae numbers you know to be true than to speculate on numbers and be incorrect.

I have no problem waiting. It's in your best interests to keep your word and get the stuff out when you have the time. Even if you don't most people here,myself included, probably won't lose much sleep over it.

Thanks for replying to our questions. Even if it is just to tell us you need some more time.

Chad
Old 12-04-2006, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry guys until the digitized version is finally run off the machine I don't want to quote runner cc's.

thats fair enough and quiet understandable...........

So when the digitized version is finally run will you post up the runner cc's then?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 325trooper
Man, I couldn't even imagine owing a shop and dealing with those kinds of customers everyday. I have alot of respect for those who do without going mental.
My dad owns a restaurant and I've worked there 9 years. Most people don't grasp the idea of working in the public's eye!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ever heard of swirl? venturi? you are saying you can not go too far with runner volume?
Ever heard of port shape? Not to bash, because I was under the same impression a while back, but when the shape of the runner is changed, alot of other charecteristics change as well. I wouldn't count them out just yet, but I still stake my claim in cathedral port heads and a good intake. The LS7's haven't shown me anything astounding to date, so i don't expect much from the L92's right off the bat. Maybe later down the road when the right people get ahold of them. Not to discredit TSP at all. I'm sure there ported L92 will be a good head, but even they don't know "how" good just yet. That's why we have R&D.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Ever heard of port shape? Not to bash, because I was under the same impression a while back, but when the shape of the runner is changed, alot of other charecteristics change as well. I wouldn't count them out just yet, but I still stake my claim in cathedral port heads and a good intake. The LS7's haven't shown me anything astounding to date, so i don't expect much from the L92's right off the bat. Maybe later down the road when the right people get ahold of them. Not to discredit TSP at all. I'm sure there ported L92 will be a good head, but even they don't know "how" good just yet. That's why we have R&D.
my point was simply that hoggin heads does not equal power. I understand everything else. Why do 5.3 headw work on 346cubed engines?? It is the runner and chamber volume. why do AFR 205's work? Runner and chamber volume.

The bigger the engine displacement and proper cam selection the better these long runner L92 heads will work. I wouldnt put a set on a 383 or even a 392..... the 408 IMHO barely cuts the cheese.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my point was simply that hoggin heads does not equal power. I understand everything else. Why do 5.3 headw work on 346cubed engines?? It is the runner and chamber volume. why do AFR 205's work? Runner and chamber volume.

The bigger the engine displacement and proper cam selection the better these long runner L92 heads will work. I wouldnt put a set on a 383 or even a 392..... the 408 IMHO barely cuts the cheese.
5.3 heads work because they have the same port as the LS-1. No diffrence there. The combustion chamber is smaller, which gives it more compression, but a stock LS1 head with the same porting will produce the same results. There's no runner diffrence. Runner and chamber volume is one of the last aspects of a head. While it's nice to have a small port, it's not the end of the world if it isn't. If you know what your doing, you don't have to have a magical volume. Obviouslly you didn't read the article in gmhtp that showed the L92/L76 combo out performing the LS2 heads and intake by 44 hp. While it may not be alot on a engine dyno, it's a gain non the less.The runner volume of the L92 is much bigger than the LS6, yet it gained power across the board on a 364. FWIW, the L92 heads won't even work on a 383 or 392 because the bore is to small. LS2, iron or resleeved 4" is the minimum for these heads.

Quick Reply: Precision Race Components Ported 6.2L Cylinder Heads Almost Ready!