Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

402 L92/L76 is on the road

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I want to know is where is the secret cam specs boo hoo smiley at?

Bret
Old 12-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by king jack
I can help all you guys out by telling you that the l92 heads are no better than well ported stock heads or aftermarket head. I have already tried this settup and was not impressed. I got 415 rwhp on automatic car with loose convertor unlocked. Just read the article in gm high tech this month. They picked up about 44 horse power verses stock heads. Well the same amount can be picked up with AFR heads. This l92 stuff is way overrated.
what did everyone expect? 650 rwhp through a 4400 stall and 22 inch rims? theyre $800 heads from a truck, c'mon guys. i think the thing that caught most peoples attention was the value, not some rediculous dyno sheet. i wouldnt mind if you deleted the thread WKMCD...congrtats to everyone involved in the build. one more satisfied customer.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

They picked up about 44 horse power verses stock heads. Well the same amount can be picked up with AFR heads. This l92 stuff is way overrated.
I agree totally. Why would you want L92 heads for $800 and a complete intake for $500 when you could spend $3500 on AFR's with a FAST 90 and get the same thing. What are people thinking!

-Geoff (Resident Cheap Bastard)
Old 12-04-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
All I want to know is where is the secret cam specs boo hoo smiley at?

Bret
i think youre looking for
Old 12-04-2006, 11:40 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First off I didn't really have a problem with you not sharing the cam specs until this crap. I also have a problem with how you responded to everyone. Ultimately what you seem to be doing (which is clear to me), seems like bullshit. LS1Tech, my guess is that the tech part in the name means technical as in technical information.

LOL now that's funny, you CAN'T share your opinion on a sponsors products if you have a educated opinion, so why should someone give out free info???? There is no way that this place is a FREE sharing of information and opinions and never will be if anyone is paying to "sponsor" here.
Here's my question for you and seeing as how it isn't some secret cam spec here it is. Are you a sponsor for this board? No, you're not. You do not provide any money on this sight to advertise at all. By posting threads like this with no technical data you're basically advertising for free. This thread is basically Bret Bauer gave me what I wanted so you should go give him your business and let him build your car.

So using this forum for free R&D by getting free cam specs is ok?
Yes, it is. They're plenty of people on here that are extremely well educated in cam selection, PatrickG and PredatorZ for example. They help people out here all the time with calculations and don't ask for a penny.

Anyone who uses this place for free R&D is a moron, period.
I joined this sight with almost zero knowledge of gen III and IV engines. I know that I've used this sight to research all sorts of technical data and develop my interest. According to you I'm a moron and without morons like me you'd have no business.

We could do like we did before and just give out bogus specs and you would all eat it up as gospel, nobody says that doesn't happen a lot.
That's a real contribution to the site, thanks. It's about as helpful as you bashing TSP's l92 heads and not saying why. All that does is just make you sound like an ******* who's upset because someone might put out a better product than you. It also goes back to my point of you just using this place to leach business away from paying sponsors. TSP's heads suck, but I won't tell you why, come buy mine.

This place is an anomaly in the world of engines, where cam specs matter more than performance or engine output not to mention the average torque output, idle quality and drivabily.

Bret
That's why people want to know about the specs. These specs will give people a general idea of what makes the power, or what idles well, what's drivable, what makes the most average power, etc. That's especially important in something so new like this. You're basically holding back the whole development of this new technology because you see that it might hurt you're market. What if on the other hand what you released helped spawn off something even better that you could then contribute to and develop, thus returning the market to you?

Originally Posted by Good Doctor
Agreed, but saying a vendor (who by definition PAYS the administration of the site to provide all of us with the information we all read on a daily basis) deserves to be kicked off the site because they are protecting their own intellectual property should not be ignored.
That's my point exactly, Bret Bauer isn't a sponsor! I'm not saying he deserves to be kicked off, but **** like this is pointless. This thread contains no technical data. All it is is a thread for one of Bret Bauer's customers to say how great his car is and say go to Bret, he got me what I wanted. All it does it drum up business for a nonsponsor who's leaching off of this site and providing nothing (as of this thread) in return. Not to mention the other thread with actual technical knowledge that we could all look back on was deleted and replaced with this crap.

Here's a prime example:
Originally Posted by brianz
I know I have learned from his sharing of information. I may have to contact Bret and pay him to design a cam for the specific needs I want from my motor. Mine requirements would be different then most on this site because I am building my car for more road coarse and auto-x usage.
--------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Blue02Ws6
If you wanted this to be for just you and didnt want all the questions and requests, why the hell did you post it step by step for the whole forum to witness and see? Delete this thread and don't start anymore since no one but you paid for this setup and it is all yours. Oh wait how can you get attention then though.
Yahtzee!

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Never said I minded questions and request and I've answered every one but one. Let's see, people learned about the bad intake, fuel rail problems, injector issues, how much was milled to get to the compression we wanted. I've answered questions about the valves and valve springs, valve drop, head gaskets for the L92 heads, and a host of other issues that we encountered on the build - good and bad.
I refer you to your own post earlier.

I deleted the first one after it took the same BS turn this one did. I think SOME people are starting to "get it".
Yeah, you answered all the questions. Then deleted the answers only to post this bullshit.

Yep it's all about arrogance.
You ever read your own sig?

"Without question, the most common mistake in racing is to buy parts impulsively without having a clear vision of where you want to end up. The result is often a pile of mismatched pieces that will never work together properly." - David Reher
So why don't you practice what you preach instead of posting useless garbage like this?

What should happen here is this thread should be locked and the other one if at all possible reopened. That one actually contained useful information. All this one is is a big adverstisement for Bret Bauer.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:43 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
i think youre looking for
Now that's some funny ****, the new smilies at work.

I know it's not a smily, but the answer to the cam specs most obviously seems to be:
Old 12-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Banned

Glad to hear you are happy with the L92 combo, I figured it would be a big success. My guess would be that this motor makes awesome flat torque all the way across the powerband, which is how I would build it. Flat torque, not peak horsepower is what makes a happy streetcar.

Congrats to all those involved in this project, and shame on you other's acting like 5 year old kids on the playground.

The only people that would benefit from having cam specs released are those in the market of selling cams...with how few of these combo's there are out there giving away your recipe is a dumb move, and I agree with their choice to with-hold that information.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:51 AM
TECH Addict

Here's my question for you and seeing as how it isn't some secret cam spec here it is. Are you a sponsor for this board? No, you're not. You do not provide any money on this sight to advertise at all. By posting threads like this with no technical data you're basically advertising for free. This thread is basically Bret Bauer gave me what I wanted so you should go give him your business and let him build your car.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:32 AM
Banned

I can help all you guys out by telling you that the l92 heads are no better than well ported stock heads or aftermarket head. I have already tried this settup and was not impressed. I got 415 rwhp on automatic car with loose convertor unlocked. Just read the article in gm high tech this month. They picked up about 44 horse power verses stock heads. Well the same amount can be picked up with AFR heads. This l92 stuff is way overrated.
you had the wrong cam and wrong size headers, also a bad 02 sensor, theres alot ot be said about your combo
Old 12-05-2006, 07:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Waiting for te video

As you can see, my panties are bunched up waiting for the video!

Kevin,

Congrats on a project that is working out. I'm happy that you got what you wanted.

Bob K.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:19 AM
10 Second Club

First off I didn't really have a problem with you not sharing the cam specs until this crap. I also have a problem with how you responded to everyone. Ultimately what you seem to be doing (which is clear to me), seems like bullshit. LS1Tech, my guess is that the tech part in the name means technical as in technical information.

Quote:
LOL now that's funny, you CAN'T share your opinion on a sponsors products if you have a educated opinion, so why should someone give out free info???? There is no way that this place is a FREE sharing of information and opinions and never will be if anyone is paying to "sponsor" here.

Quote:
So using this forum for free R&D by getting free cam specs is ok?

Yes, it is. They're plenty of people on here that are extremely well educated in cam selection, PatrickG and PredatorZ for example. They help people out here all the time with calculations and don't ask for a penny.

Quote:
Anyone who uses this place for free R&D is a moron, period.

I joined this sight with almost zero knowledge of gen III and IV engines. I know that I've used this sight to research all sorts of technical data and develop my interest. According to you I'm a moron and without morons like me you'd have no business.

Quote:
We could do like we did before and just give out bogus specs and you would all eat it up as gospel, nobody says that doesn't happen a lot.

That's a real contribution to the site, thanks. It's about as helpful as you bashing TSP's l92 heads and not saying why. All that does is just make you sound like an ******* who's upset because someone might put out a better product than you. It also goes back to my point of you just using this place to leach business away from paying sponsors. TSP's heads suck, but I won't tell you why, come buy mine.

Quote:
This place is an anomaly in the world of engines, where cam specs matter more than performance or engine output not to mention the average torque output, idle quality and drivabily.

Bret

That's why people want to know about the specs. These specs will give people a general idea of what makes the power, or what idles well, what's drivable, what makes the most average power, etc. That's especially important in something so new like this. You're basically holding back the whole development of this new technology because you see that it might hurt you're market. What if on the other hand what you released helped spawn off something even better that you could then contribute to and develop, thus returning the market to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Doctor
Agreed, but saying a vendor (who by definition PAYS the administration of the site to provide all of us with the information we all read on a daily basis) deserves to be kicked off the site because they are protecting their own intellectual property should not be ignored.

That's my point exactly, Bret Bauer isn't a sponsor! I'm not saying he deserves to be kicked off, but **** like this is pointless. This thread contains no technical data. All it is is a thread for one of Bret Bauer's customers to say how great his car is and say go to Bret, he got me what I wanted. All it does it drum up business for a nonsponsor who's leaching off of this site and providing nothing (as of this thread) in return. Not to mention the other thread with actual technical knowledge that we could all look back on was deleted and replaced with this crap.

Here's a prime example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianz
I know I have learned from his sharing of information. I may have to contact Bret and pay him to design a cam for the specific needs I want from my motor. Mine requirements would be different then most on this site because I am building my car for more road coarse and auto-x usage.

--------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue02Ws6
If you wanted this to be for just you and didnt want all the questions and requests, why the hell did you post it step by step for the whole forum to witness and see? Delete this thread and don't start anymore since no one but you paid for this setup and it is all yours. Oh wait how can you get attention then though.

Yahtzee!

Quote:
Never said I minded questions and request and I've answered every one but one. Let's see, people learned about the bad intake, fuel rail problems, injector issues, how much was milled to get to the compression we wanted. I've answered questions about the valves and valve springs, valve drop, head gaskets for the L92 heads, and a host of other issues that we encountered on the build - good and bad.

I refer you to your own post earlier.

Quote:
I deleted the first one after it took the same BS turn this one did. I think SOME people are starting to "get it".

Yeah, you answered all the questions. Then deleted the answers only to post this bullshit.

Quote:
Yep it's all about arrogance.

You ever read your own sig?

Quote:
"Without question, the most common mistake in racing is to buy parts impulsively without having a clear vision of where you want to end up. The result is often a pile of mismatched pieces that will never work together properly." - David Reher

So why don't you practice what you preach instead of posting useless garbage like this?

What should happen here is this thread should be locked and the other one if at all possible reopened. That one actually contained useful information. All this one is is a big adverstisement for Bret Bauer.

Well said, in addition, the only results that this secret bauer cam works is from an assometer. No dyno and no e.t.'s. If you saw any of bauers previous posts on what he "thinks" will work with these heads, it's no secret on the cam specs. As a matter of fact, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, this is the first cam he's spec'd for the L92's...... Why is it everyone thinks he hit a homerun first time out??? Just because some guy going from a 346 to 400+ engine is mesmorized by the TQ. Duh......... I'm sure it makes a ton of power over your old 346, it should, it's not by accident, nor is it the secret cam or heads. If you ask 10 cam grinders to spec you a cam, you're going to get 10 different recipes, are they all wrong? No, and I'm sure they will most likely all be in the ballpark, all the engines will make power and the grinders will error on the more conservative side, knowing damn well most people are idiots when it comes to cam choice.

Bauer does make a good point, it's time to start hitting the books or whatever and learn this stuff instead of relying on pompus, passive aggressive mystical cam guru's.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Here is a video of the car that "Willfulone" (a friend of WKMCD) made.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...onster4022.flv

Can't wait to see numbers. Congrats on the build Kevin

Last edited by hokie; 12-05-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hokie
Here is a video WKMCD posted over on CF.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...onster4022.flv

Can't wait to see numbers. Congrats on the build Kevin
is this a teaser trailor wheres the real vid with him gettin on it
sounds good

BTW: Ive been watching this thread http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...1521569&page=7
for weeks glad everything worked out.

Last edited by 02sierraz71_5.3; 12-05-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
You guys are agueing over these cam specs like this car just made 600 rwhp. All you have to go on is they way he "describes" how the car feels. Who is to say it's working effortlessly? Hell, he may be comparing it to a Pinto for all we know. All we can gather from this is that: A) The car will crank B) The car moves C) It will out run a stock car. Even if the cam specs were divulged, they would be mearley pointless at this time. There's just not enough info here to warrant all this hype. If you guys need a cam that will do A,B, and C above, shoot me a PM. I can deffinatlly handle that for you.
I'll reinerate my earlier post. Ya'll are still argueing about nothing. This post has no information in it whatsoever. If they don't want to dyno to even see what the power looks like, then continue to let them slap each other on butt for a job well done, to them. The only let down to the is whole ordeal, is that people have been waiting on results from the L92 combo. WKMCD has been talking about this combo for well over a month now, but when it's finally done, he does nothing with it. Do I care, not really, but it is a bit dissapointing. You talk about the money spent, but how many other 408 guys post up there specs/HP levels? I guarunte that I've spent 3-4 times as much of my hard earned money on my combo and I don't mind telling cam specs or dyno numbers. If there was info in the other thread that could be of value to consumers using the L92 combo, I vote for that thread to be opened back up and this one to be closed. This is nothing more than a thhread to let us know you have a running car, well, so do thousands of other F-body owners. Not trying to be a dick, but that's the bottom line.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
...This post has no information in it whatsoever. If they don't want to dyno to even see what the power looks like, then continue to let them slap each other on butt for a job well done... This is nothing more than a thhread to let us know you have a running car, well, so do thousands of other F-body owners. Not trying to be a dick, but that's the bottom line...
Old 12-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Old 12-05-2006, 02:56 PM
LS1 Tech Administrator

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Tech has dried up on this thread. JakeFusion put it best. It's time to start a new thread once there are some technical results from an L92/L76 conversion.

2013 Corvette Grand Sport A6 LME forged 416, Greg Good ported TFS 255 LS3 heads, 222/242 .629"/.604" 121LSA Pat G blower cam, ARH 1 7/8" headers, ESC Novi 1500 Supercharger w/8 rib direct drive conversion, 747rwhp/709rwtq on 93 octane, 801rwhp/735rwtq on race fuel, 10.1 @ 147.25mph 1/4 mile, 174.7mph Half Mile.
2016 Corvette Z51 M7 Magnuson Heartbeat 2300 supercharger, TSP LT headers, Pat G tuned, 667rwhp, 662rwtq, 191mph TX Mile.
2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L, A6, AFR 230v2 heads. 506rwhp/442rwtq. 11.413 @ 121.29mph 1/4 mile, 168.7mph TX Mile
2000 Pewter Ram Air Trans Am M6 heads/cam 508 rwhp/445 rwtq SAE, 183.092 TX Mile
2022 Cadillac Escalade 6.2L A10 S&B CAI, Corsa catback.
2023 Corvette 3LT Z51 soon to be modified.
Custom LSX tuning in person or via email press here.

Quick Reply: 402 L92/L76 is on the road