Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan B, C, D, E and F...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Come to think of it, you dont want it, the fuel rails dont match!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cybernco
I've been waiting for someone to try one. Any idea how much CFM it will flow over stock? Any idea how much $$$ they are? Did you see their selection of throttle bodies?

Here's their catalog link:
http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/shop/...on_catalog.pdf
I think they are about 3k. I'd throw my ported LS2 by-wire on it.

Just thinking out loud here. The sheet metal intakes out there now have runners that are too short for my usage. The Billet is really a cross ram setup and the runners look to be about 7 inches long.

Last edited by WKMCD; 03-07-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WKMCD
I think they are about 3k. I'd throw my ported LS2 by-wire on it.

Just thinking out loud here. The sheet metal intakes out there now have runners that are too short for my usage. The Billet is really a cross ram setup and the runners look to be about 7 inches long.
Have you looked at the sheetmetal intake being offered by Mizfit motorsports? They were letting it go for $1800...
Old 03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Have you looked at the sheetmetal intake being offered by Mizfit motorsports? They were letting it go for $1800...
The problem is mine is a street only car and all the sm intakes out there now have short runners. I don't want to kill my low/mid range. That's what makes the car a blast to drive. I think it's going to take an intake with runners in the 7+ inch range for the street.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by StingrayCrazy
I plan to Dyno my 9.0:1 pig NA just to baseline before I put the boost to it. I bet the numbers will be higher than expected...

Frank
We dynoed a customers 8.5:1 AFR head 408 before we strapped the blower on it (Procharged setup) it made 450/460 on our Mustang dyno within 3 pulls.

The billet bak intake is 8 inches long on the ls7 version, 6 on the cathedral port
Old 03-07-2007, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley

That is when I dicided that most of the LS heads probably suffer from intake port reversion at the end of the intake cycle. The clues were everywhere, people where making dissappointing power with the LS7 heads and big cams, I knew the L92's would follow suit.
Are you kidding me? To push air back out of the cylinder at the end of the intake stroke at peak power you would need astronomical V.E., which you don't have with a small hydraulic roller cam and no boost. I don't really understand why you are promoting small intake valve sizes. It doesn't appear that you've ever delved much into short track racing, where power out of a turn (torque) is key. Tsk..Tsk....Big intake valves and small runners (high average port velocity) are king there.

Don't forget, an intake port has no velocity all until the valve seat says so.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greg Good
Are you kidding me? To push air back out of the cylinder at the end of the intake stroke at peak power you would need astronomical V.E., which you don't have with a small hydraulic roller cam and no boost. I don't really understand why you are promoting small intake valve sizes. It doesn't appear that you've ever delved much into short track racing, where power out of a turn (torque) is key. Tsk..Tsk....Big intake valves and small runners (high average port velocity) are king there.

I'm wondering why Brian has a sudden boner for the LS7/L92 stuff? It's kind of embarassing really.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, but what do you know..
Old 03-08-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are you kidding me? To push air back out of the cylinder at the end of the intake stroke at peak power you would need astronomical V.E., ...
It is not impossible....

Depending on your cam events, the intake valve closes after BDC. Which as you know means the piston has already started back up the cylinder. If during that moment in time (which is critical) the piston coming up defeats the inertia of the air charge coming in, you end up with reversion... the charge is basically slowed, stalled, or (worse case) pushed back out the intake valve... Once again all of this is dependent upon runner length, IVC point, rpm, etc....

I think that is where Brian was going (not sure)... but I will not speak for him...

Last edited by SideStep; 03-08-2007 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

Not going to happen after peak torque where V.E. falls off.

The problem with a bigger intake valve is not where you shut it but where you open it. a larger intake valve has a higher rate of backflow and the engine will be more sensitive to exhaust reversion.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not going to happen after peak torque where V.E. falls off.

The problem with a bigger intake valve is not where you shut it but where you open it. a larger intake valve has a higher rate of backflow and the engine will be more sensitive to exhaust reversion.
Wait a minute, I missed something, I thought in your previous post (below) you were pointing out events at the end of the intake stroke (before IVC)??? I thought you were saying that at those rpms (peak TQ) there is enough air-charge speed to defeat the mechanical force of the piston coming back up the cylinder (just before IVC)??? We are talking about NA engines, right???

...To push air back out of the cylinder at the end of the intake stroke at peak power you would need astronomical V.E.,
Old 03-08-2007, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

I didn't say anything about port velocity (charge speed). What we're dealing with here is a simple situation where air flows from a high pressure area (the intake port) towards a low pressure area (the incompletlely filled cylinder). What I was saying is that the cylinder would have to be completely full some time before the intake valve closes for mixture to be pushed back up into the head before the intake valve closes. That's not happening past peak torque wiith a smallish hydraulic roller cam. It only happens in daydreams and on laptops. Backflow before peak torque is not the real problem with big intake valves. It's at the beginning of the intake stroke where the intake valve just opens (while the engine is still on the exhaust stroke) that causes the problem. A bigger higher flowing intake valve will allow more exhaust into the intake port. Bad Ju-Ju. keep in mind that during the first phase of overlap (the part before TDC) BOTH valves are in effect exhaust valves. Engines with big intake valves are more sensitive to the intake opening point (cam can't be advanced as much) than an engine with smaller less back flowing intake valves.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Is that the right head?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't say anything about port velocity (charge speed). What we're dealing with here is a simple situation where air flows from a high pressure area (the intake port) towards a low pressure area (the incompletlely filled cylinder). What I was saying is that the cylinder would have to be completely full some time before the intake valve closes for mixture to be pushed back up into the head before the intake valve closes. That's not happening past peak torque wiith a smallish hydraulic roller cam. It only happens in daydreams and on laptops. Backflow before peak torque is not the real problem with big intake valves. It's at the beginning of the intake stroke where the intake valve just opens (while the engine is still on the exhaust stroke) that causes the problem. A bigger higher flowing intake valve will allow more exhaust into the intake port. Bad Ju-Ju. keep in mind that during the first phase of overlap (the part before TDC) BOTH valves are in effect exhaust valves. Engines with big intake valves are more sensitive to the intake opening point (cam can't be advanced as much) than an engine with smaller less back flowing intake valves.

Cool, I am with you now....

Old 03-08-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Joey, that is the right head. However, for a tad bit more you can get them with a dual spring upgrade from SDPC. I think Livernois has a CNC'd set and TSP is working on a set too.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
Joey, that is the right head. However, for a tad bit more you can get them with a dual spring upgrade from SDPC. I think Livernois has a CNC'd set and TSP is working on a set too.

Call West Coast Cylinder Heads.....supporting vendor here =====>
Old 03-08-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by C_Williams
Old 03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by C_Williams
So is Livernois
Old 03-08-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Joey7489
Since this is my engine and thread I'll tell you that they are Stage 2 heads from Richard at WCCH and not Livernois. Just want to give credit where credit is due. Give Richard a call.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Since this is my engine and thread I'll tell you that they are Stage 2 heads from Richard at WCCH and not Livernois. Just want to give credit where credit is due. Give Richard a call.

Quick Reply: L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan B, C, D, E and F...