Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan B, C, D, E and F...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is the whole reason I joined this forum. So much information it makes my brain hurt trying to take it all in. I hope Virginia Speed is ready for my phone calls soon. I'm looking to do a L92 head swap on a stock LS2 bottom end in my 350Z. I don't expect to see gains anything near what Kevin has put out with my stock block but after reading through this thread (X2) I feel pretty confident the guys at Virginia Speed can get me the most gains my money can afford. Awesome build guys and thanks for sharing all this wonderful information. Virginia Speed and Kevin please PM me if you have any tips for my future N/A build. Want to spend my money soon before my wife spends it all. LOL
See pics of my build in the link below my signature. Thanks and keep the information flowing.

I need an aspirin.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HAVOK_RLS2
This thread is the whole reason I joined this forum. So much information it makes my brain hurt trying to take it all in. I hope Virginia Speed is ready for my phone calls soon. I'm looking to do a L92 head swap on a stock LS2 bottom end in my 350Z. I don't expect to see gains anything near what Kevin has put out with my stock block but after reading through this thread (X2) I feel pretty confident the guys at Virginia Speed can get me the most gains my money can afford. Awesome build guys and thanks for sharing all this wonderful information. Virginia Speed and Kevin please PM me if you have any tips for my future N/A build. Want to spend my money soon before my wife spends it all. LOL
See pics of my build in the link below my signature. Thanks and keep the information flowing.

I need an aspirin.
Thanks for the good words. We've had a hell of a lot of fun along the way proving the L92 heads when a lot of people - including "head people" - kept saying they wouldn't work.

I love a well done conversion and yours looks very well done. That has to surprise a lot of people when you pull up next to them and they hear the LS engine.

Shawn and Ed will take great care of you.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Teching In

Kevin, YHM.

(Oh and hello everyone from a newbie )
Old 10-02-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

read this thread a few times but i finally finished start to finish over a few day span.

what a great thread with some good humor along the way...

shawn, is there a link to that 427/tfs setup to compare too? im sure it's not apples to apples but it's still a perspective.

also, when do you guys expect to start making your own custom lobes?

last question, is there a breaking point of when too much cam or overlap will start to diminish results with the l92's? reason being, for those who want to sacrifice a little of the low end for midrange to top, to counter traction issues an put up better et's with out affecting too much drivablility an tip-in.

again, thanks for all those who were involved, there's guys like me that really appreciate the effort in seeking knowledge especially when it comes down to droppin some serious coin in the future. when i'm done with school there will be a graduation present i plan on giving myself
Old 10-02-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
read this thread a few times but i finally finished start to finish over a few day span.

shawn, is there a link to that 427/tfs setup to compare too? im sure it's not apples to apples but it's still a perspective.

last question, is there a breaking point of when too much cam or overlap will start to diminish results with the l92's? reason being, for those who want to sacrifice a little of the low end for midrange to top, to counter traction issues an put up better et's with out affecting too much drivablility an tip-in.

again, thanks for all those who were involved, there's guys like me that really appreciate the effort in seeking knowledge especially when it comes down to droppin some serious coin in the future. when i'm done with school there will be a graduation present i plan on giving myself
Interesting you ask about something with a little more cam than my car. I was down there today. Shawn has a build like mine on the engine dyno with a little more cam. Maybe he'll post up something on it when he and Ed start the dyno work on the motor.

Shawn really wishes he could find a way to accurately describe how docile my car really is. Unfortunately, unless you see it for yourself, it's hard to believe. 6th gear at 600rpm and pulls away cleanly, parking lots - no problem, cruising through the neighborhood at 1500rpm - no big deal.

Last edited by WKMCD; 10-05-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Heard from Ed today. Looks like the prop shaft has turned into a jump rope. It ate the pilot bearing and the input shaft while it was at it. I've never run the car with anything but PS2's.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a <20k drive shaft, a new stock coupler with new alum spacer if that helps?

Originally Posted by WKMCD;1

Heard from Ed today. Looks like the prop shaft has turned into a jump rope. It ate the pilot bearing and the input shaft while it was at it. I've never run the car with anything but PS2's.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by See5
I have a <20k drive shaft, a new stock coupler with new alum spacer if that helps?
12mm?

I'm waiting to hear from Ed but I'll keep this in mind. Thanks a ton!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by airforcemanss

i'll have to dig up the thread on the tfs 427-i can tell you that engine just went a 10.20 at 130 in a 3500lb gto

we did just got dynoing the one Kevin was talking about. exact copy besides the cam- made 665hp and 610 ft lbs. We are running out of intake more than anything. I wish i had a single plane ls3 intake to test on the dyno. would be a fun comparision.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:49 AM
FormerVendor

It is from a 2000.

Originally Posted by WKMCD
12mm?

I'm waiting to hear from Ed but I'll keep this in mind. Thanks a ton!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by See5
It is from a 2000.
Thanks but Ed ordered a complete unit yesterday morning. Interesting, you can buy the clutch end piece for 650 and a whole prop shaft with both end pieces and new bushings for about 100 more.

Last edited by WKMCD; 10-19-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Banned

Oh GOD.... my brain and eyes hurts..! I think I just gave myself an aneurysm...

DM
Old 10-23-2010, 05:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
Oh GOD.... my brain and eyes hurts..! I think I just gave myself an aneurysm...

DM
Glad you enjoyed the read...

Leaving in a few minutes for the 3 1/2 hour drive to the Beach to pick the car up. New prop shaft and Ed loaded a custom OS and did a little more tuning. Should be a nice 2 1/2 hour drive back.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Good news - bad news...

Good news was the car performed flawlessly. Had a great cruise with some good friends.

Bad news..I got to test the car in 25 miles of bumper to bumper/stop and go/never out of first gear traffic. If anything was going to show it's ugly head, that would have done it. Ed's new tune and replacing a lazy O2 sensor did the trick. Return to idle was perfect under all conditions. Small vibration is gone with the new prop shaft.

Thanks guys!

BTW: Shawn has MAST/PI heads and RHS blocks stacked up like cord wood. He's going to be talking about more really incredible builds.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Good news - bad news...

Good news was the car performed flawlessly. Had a great cruise with some good friends.

Bad news..I got to test the car in 25 miles of bumper to bumper/stop and go/never out of first gear traffic. If anything was going to show it's ugly head, that would have done it. Ed's new tune and replacing a lazy O2 sensor did the trick. Return to idle was perfect under all conditions. Small vibration is gone with the new prop shaft.

Thanks guys!

BTW: Shawn has MAST/PI heads and RHS blocks stacked up like cord wood. He's going to be talking about more really incredible builds.
Have you ran it at the track yet?
Old 10-23-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 6.0monsta
Have you ran it at the track yet?
There is a track rental at MIR on 12/10. I'm going to make a few runs. Hopefully not hard enough to tear the trans/diff out of it.

I will take the sub-woofer and groceries out of the trunk..
Old 10-23-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Kevin, I have been out the loop for awhile. Self imposed ban lol. I see you messed some stuff up. No biggie you ain't broke. Glad to hear shes repaired and back on the road running better then ever. Stay in touch good buddy. I went thru some mess with my car but all is well now. Tell ya later.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Talking Tirrres !!

There is a track rental at MIR on 12/10. I'm going to make a few runs. Hopefully not hard enough to tear the trans/diff out of it.

Make sure you get a good pair of Drag Radials.
Don't want to make any excuses. ( the Cathedral Port people will be watching )

Old 10-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't forget to clean the windshield.

Richard
Old 10-24-2010, 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Kevin,

There's a rental at MIR this Friday. If you can make that not need to wait toll Dec.
If ya want more info PM me.

Kyle

Quick Reply: L92 DynoJet Numbers Plus Plan B, C, D, E and F...