Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 head and intake swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L92 head and intake swap

I just swapped some L92 heads and I also bought the bare intake so I can just swap my fuel rail, TB and injectors over to the new intake.

I have a small issue(s).

- The stock LS2 fuel rail cross over tube sits a lot higher on the new intake than on the LS2 intake manifold. Is this normal?

- Also, I have some typical 42lb Bosch, Lucas, etc injectors that I'm going to use and the O-ring seems a little loose in the L92 intake manifold bore.
Is there a larger/fatter O-ring or fix for this?

Thanks in advance,
allen
Old 03-02-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
I just swapped some L92 heads and I also bought the bare intake so I can just swap my fuel rail, TB and injectors over to the new intake.

I have a small issue(s).

- The stock LS2 fuel rail cross over tube sits a lot higher on the new intake than on the LS2 intake manifold. Is this normal?

- Also, I have some typical 42lb Bosch, Lucas, etc injectors that I'm going to use and the O-ring seems a little loose in the L92 intake manifold bore.
Is there a larger/fatter O-ring or fix for this?

Thanks in advance,
allen
The 42lb injectors are taller than the LS2 stock injectors. That's what's making the fuel rail sit so hit. It doesn't hurt anything. You'll need to get the o-rings from K-tech to make the 42's fit more snugly.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:59 PM

Ya, they are taller, but the LS2 fuel rail doesn't fit exactly like it's supposed to. It obviously fits perfect on the LS2 intake, but put it on the L76 intake and the injectors are positioned wider than the injectors bosses in the intake manifold, plus, the old spacers I used on the LS2 intake manifold are tooo short, so the LS2 fuel rail does sit higher on the L76 intake manifold.
Also, Katech has an adapter kit for LS1 to LS2 conversion, they didn't have anything for the LS2 to L76 manifold swap using Lucas 42lb injectors (very common).

Any help is very appreciated,

Once again, I need a fatter O-ring for the injectors I had on the LS2 manifold and I guess the LS2 fuel rail isn't going to work. I can tell the injectors are kind of off when you force them into the injector L76 intake bosses.

thanks again,
allen
Old 03-02-2007, 03:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=

Once again, I need a fatter O-ring for the injectors I had on the LS2 manifold and I guess the LS2 fuel rail isn't going to work. I can tell the injectors are kind of off when you force them into the injector L76 intake bosses.

thanks again,
allen[/QUOTE]

Ok, what you see below works swell (we have done 2). Using a LS1 rail cut cut out the crossover and slightly bend tabs to fit and using spacers (made from tubing). The fat o-rings are available from Lingenfelter.
This maybe too cheesey but it fits and works great.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FarmTruc
Ya, they are taller, but the LS2 fuel rail doesn't fit exactly like it's supposed to. It obviously fits perfect on the LS2 intake, but put it on the L76 intake and the injectors are positioned wider than the injectors bosses in the intake manifold, plus, the old spacers I used on the LS2 intake manifold are tooo short, so the LS2 fuel rail does sit higher on the L76 intake manifold.
Also, Katech has an adapter kit for LS1 to LS2 conversion, they didn't have anything for the LS2 to L76 manifold swap using Lucas 42lb injectors (very common).

thanks again,
allen
I got my fatter o-rings from K-tech.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by See5
Ok, what you see below works swell (we have done 2). Using a LS1 rail cut cut out the crossover and slightly bend tabs to fit and using spacers (made from tubing). The fat o-rings are available from Lingenfelter.
This maybe too cheesey but it fits and works great.

I did this originally but the clamps kept loosening. I went with a FAST setup.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WKMCD
I did this originally but the clamps kept loosening. I went with a FAST setup.

That is the decidedly, non cheesy approach.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:41 PM
10 Second Club

Katech's LS7 spacer worked on mine. The LS2 kit's spacers were the wrong height. SDPC has the orings and spacers also.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:43 AM

Well I got some fatter injectors from Ling.
I called SD for a new fuel rail that will fit the L76 intake, and they said it was just an LS2 fuel rail, which isn't right. Hopefully they'll come up with something and I won't have to cut the crossover tube.

thanks for the reply guys!

allen
Old 03-06-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WKMCD
I got my fatter o-rings from K-tech.
You got em from who?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what are u guys using to mount the throttle cable to the side of the intake on an older gto and on the f-body. my l76/l92 combo should be in soon and it didnt even cross my mind on how that was going to work.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just went through the same thing. I dropped the rails off at a shop on Friday and pick it up monday. They are going to braze -8 fittings onto each side of the x-over tube on the rails and then use -8 braided line to bridge it...should look nice
Old 03-18-2007, 04:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Whats up Allen! Are these heads going on your GTO?

Quick Reply: L92 head and intake swap