Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Found a Problem, Engine Builders Check out these Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is nothing wrong with a Eagle crank or rods for that matter. It is how they are picked for the job at hand. If you skimp on your parts that are for a higher HP motor and you don't take the time to upgrade them for the HP made on the engine, don't be surprised if they break. The rods are usually the most over looked part of the rotating assembly, but the first component to break.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:24 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can call it damage control all you want but the first time I even viewed the pics of this short-block was in this post just like you. The owner sent pics of the engine to a employee that doesn't even work for us anymore & then posted them online. I had no idea the engine was even from our shop until someone called me about it.

Just because I'm not in the thread everyday defending myself doesn't mean I'm not working on this situation.

Originally Posted by 1997bird
I'm sorry but I read damage control come out after it was anounced whose block was being used. Then later after the motor was shipped back things started back tracking on TSP's end. Then damage control came back out. I just hope that you post the findings, whether they turn out bad or good for the poster. It sounds like you will take care of him either way it turns out.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 04-14-2007, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, but either way no one should have the problems that are being seen on here during the break in period. This is not a question of the components but who is building them, and again it is not TSP building them but an outsourced company. Yes they build for the NHRA guys but that means nothing to me. Maybe they had a new guy building these who knows. I have seen it in the past. And if they are building motors for some of those bigger outfits don't you think their best guys would be building those motors, who is left in the shop to build ours? Like I said before 92 motors in less than a month is alot. NHRA or TSP who do you think gets the better attention to detail when you have that many to build in a short period of time?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

The eagle crank is fine. The SCAT rods are fine. In fact, the parts TSP uses are doing exaclty what they are supposed to at a great price. I bought this motor because it was an excellent mill for the money. I am an exception not the rule when it comes to their motors. There are a ton of them out there with 0 problems. Mine has issues. If I get the motor back I will confirm TSPs tolerances and set them right or continue to bash them No, I won't I dont have time for this crap.

And yes exactly, just because they are building NHRA motors does not mean the guys third cousin with 4 teeth is not working on these cookie cutters. They got to learn someplace.

AND, while we are on the subject, when you guys sold me the clutch for my C6 and one of the phone answering people told me to use the spacer with the RAM, did I complain? You know how friggin hard it is to remove a clutch in a Vette? I know you do you got one. Did I ask for compensation because someone told me to put the spacer in and it didn't work? Nope, I ate it and just chalked it up to experience. I can now do a clutch change in to time. I didn't whine, cry ask you for anything. In fact I asked to talk to Jason cause he has a Ram in his vette and I asked him if he used the spacer. When he said no, I just kinda had a good laugh and said welp, there ya go. I called Ram, told them to add something to the instructions about C6s and went on my merry way. Ram didn't know if I needed to use the spacer or not.

Last edited by AintQik; 04-14-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AintQik
The eagle crank is fine. The SCAT rods are fine. In fact, the parts TSP uses are doing exaclty what they are supposed to at a great price. I bought this motor because it was an excellent mill for the money. I am an exception not the rule when it comes to their motors. There are a ton of them out there with 0 problems. Mine has issues. If I get the motor back I will confirm TSPs tolerances and set them right or continue to bash them No, I won't I dont have time for this crap.

That is why I started posting in your thread because I don't think any one of us needs to go through this in the future.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:32 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I absolutely agree RJ it is the exception not the rule. I'm not going to sit here & argue. I'm still eating the short-block rebuild either way so discussing this is really not neccessary.

I always stand behind the parts we sell, & that will never change.

I have representatives from Diamond & the machine shop that does our work looking into whats going on with the short-block.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jason I am just calling them how see them. I've worked in the automotive parts industry a long time and KNOW how things work on engine related "warrenties". I am looking forward to see the results of the engine tear down(I am not trying to be a jerk when I say this). I would ask you to take AintQik up on his offer, as this seems to be a fair deal for both of you.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA

I always stand behind the parts we sell, & that will never change.

Can I take that as a yes that if I continue to have problems giving you guys a call will not be an issue? I do not know how much longer to drive this until I should get really concerned. I know you and Trevor are trying to deal with the other issues here. I am not trying to get in the middle of that, just trying to show some of the guys who have been pm-ing me that you guys are top notch and do take care of your customers. That is why I have started posting my issues in here, where everyone seems to be at this moment in time.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Keep me posted Shawn & we'll see if we can't get that thing lined out.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

I will and thank you for the fast response. I will check on those valve seals as well.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:56 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Originally Posted by 98blackSS
It sounds to me like TSP is trying to make this right.. Why are people still bitching?

Because the internet gives a voice to people who are otherwise nobody's in the world. Examples of such are 1936FordPU and his "roommate" V6 Bird (permanently banned) earlier in this thread.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:50 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Pick up the phone and handle this drama-free. Locking this one down now.

Quick Reply: Found a Problem, Engine Builders Check out these Pics