Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Whose making 550rwhp N/A on a 402 LS2 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
ET makes a great head, I have said many times that I think the ET's and TFS are the best heads going, and everyone knows it.

I think it boils down to RPM, cubic inch and power adder on your debate. The ET is a better nitrous head, due to the extra intake port volume.

The TFS head is a better blower/turbo head, due to the superior spark plug placement and exhaust port velocity, and smallish valves.

What kind of combo are you working on?

408, carb intake, nitrous. Track motor.

I was originally going to do the TFS', but got to thinking that the ET might be a better head. I have a set of the 245's on a 396...I hope to get it fired off this w/e, so I will prob wait and see how well they do.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
The ET 245's would probably make more power, the biggest port we have in a TFS head is 235, and was developed for a 4.125 bore.

If this is a hyd roller cam deal then a custom TFS head with the 235 intake port and 4.00 bore chamber with stock length valves may RPM better.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang

I was originally going to do the TFS', but got to thinking that the ET might be a better head. I have a set of the 245's on a 396...I hope to get it fired off this w/e, so I will prob wait and see how well they do.
An ET 255 would be a good choice too because the exhaust port is slightly bigger and flows better. Good for nitrous. Maybe you could get a 245 with the 255 exhaust port?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley

I don't know what absurd claims you speak of, what, that the TFS 225 head makes killer power on a pump gas, hyd roller cam 402? That doesn't appear to be a claim, that's a FACT, as the proof is in my post above.

Instead of insinuating how GOOD you are, maybe you should add some CONTENT to the thread about HOW MANY 550 RWHP pump gas, hyd roller cam combinations you have?

I only know of one similar combo you ported the heads on like that and I think the numbers were 510ish RWHP? With some ET 245's that you "re ported"....and the TFS 225's are out of the box untouched making the power in my thread above? And you are bashing me why? And don't say it's because of how good I said I am, because I NEVER have. In the top 5 LS head porter thread I didn't put myself in the top 5, but I didn't put you either, now did I? We (TEA) have great products, period, that's all I am promoting, and yes, I think we have a leg up on our competition in what we spealize in STREET/STRIP PERFORMANCE. i.e. hyd roller cam, pump gas combintions. Period.
Brian, the absurd claim I spoke of was where you keep posting ad nauseum that your 225 head is 48 rwhp better than the AFR 225. I don't believe it. It's a falsehood. You know Tony and I have locked horns before and I'm not saying it out of loyalty. It's the truth. I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or the Tooth Fairy either.

I have a set of 243 heads that make 580 rwhp on a pump gas daily driver through a Turbo 350 automatic. That good enough? It's ran over 133 in the 1/4 as well.

Your company does put out a good product. I have never bashed your product, just your unfair and bogus claims made against your competitors.

I am looking forward to you posting how awful that experimental AFR head I ported for you flowed so I can post my own version of events.

Until tomorrow.....................
Old 04-11-2007, 07:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Good
Brian, the absurd claim I spoke of was where you keep posting ad nauseum that your 225 head is 48 rwhp better than the AFR 225. I don't believe it. It's a falsehood. You know Tony and I have locked horns before and I'm not saying it out of loyalty. It's the truth. I don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or the Tooth Fairy either.

I have a set of 243 heads that make 580 rwhp on a pump gas daily driver through a Turbo 350 automatic. That good enough? It's ran over 133 in the 1/4 as well.

Your company does put out a good product. I have never bashed your product, just your unfair and bogus claims made against your competitors.

I am looking forward to you posting how awful that experimental AFR head I ported for you flowed so I can post my own version of events.

Until tomorrow.....................

Those are some very stout pump gas numbers running thru a turbo 350. What was your ET?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by supercoupe01
Those are some very stout pump gas numbers running thru a turbo 350. What was your ET?
If its the car Im thinking about it went hi 9.8s low 9.9s Ask Greg or Erik

Last edited by GrannySShifting; 04-11-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:48 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

locked due to drama. Take it to email please.

Quick Reply: Whose making 550rwhp N/A on a 402 LS2 stroker