Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

What Should I Do????....

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What Should I Do????....

just got car running and finally was feeling good about the car....well now i have spun a rod bearing....i am sick and tired of wrenching on this car....am starting to loose interest.....what should i do.....of course it's only another 3,000 to get the 383 stroker and the block machined.....but damn im tired of laying on the concrete garage floor till 3am working on this.....could i sell the car with a spun bearing?....what could i ask....or should i part it out???...
Old 06-13-2007, 03:48 AM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by ls1leadfoot
just got car running and finally was feeling good about the car....well now i have spun a rod bearing....i am sick and tired of wrenching on this car....am starting to loose interest.....what should i do.....of course it's only another 3,000 to get the 383 stroker and the block machined.....but damn im tired of laying on the concrete garage floor till 3am working on this.....could i sell the car with a spun bearing?....what could i ask....or should i part it out???...
go big or go home
Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

HAHA yeah thats my gut instinct but we are talking this time next year for debut.....what a bummer....
Old 06-13-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Tearing things up is part of the program when you are a hot rodder...at least you have a block to work with..wait till you kick a rod out the side of a engine that holds a NHRA national record and see how it feels .. .. it comes with the territory sir..if turning wenches is not your thing you may be in the wrong hobby ..
Old 06-13-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

i cant imagine how that feels!!!!.....i like the turrnin wrenches but seems like all the the **** piles up into 9 months.....after the car was running i was hoping to get at least a year outta the stock bottom end......guess not.....o well i cant get rid of a 99 hugger orange z no matter what i do.....just got the title 3 months ago...so dont have a car pmt......just frustration, time and money
Old 06-13-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good luck to you sir..it sounds like you just got tired of it seeming like there is no light at the end of the tunnel...sometimes it gets like that and as human beings we over react .. back when I was being a hard core racer..and this was decades ago when I was a young guy..we changed out the engine, then transmission, and finally the rear end at the race track..broke all three at Englishtown at the Summer Nationals...pieced it all back together won my class and then red lighted in the semi-finals of the Eliminator..loved that kind of stuff..ya gotta be stronger than the dirt ya deal with.. keep the faith man..

PS Keep the orange Z28 .. it is the best kind of car .. its paid for .. plus I love the way those orange cars look ..
Old 06-13-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Right On Man Thanks For The Boost Of Energy......might Tear Down Motor This Weekend After Hearing That Story......hahah Will See You When I Need A Vett For Sure!!!!!! Trade In The camaro For One When Motor Is Together
Old 06-13-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Keep that orange Camaro man they don't make em anymore..4th gens are still my favorite gen Camaro .. mine is a never ending project ... gonna keep it till the wheels fall off ... hot rods are like fishin poles .. you can't have too many of them .. hell I've thrown a wrench against the wall a few times myself..ya just gotta watch out ... sometimes they bounce right back at ya..

PS Where is New Palestine, Indiana?? I grew up in Illinois

Last edited by slt200mph; 06-13-2007 at 02:55 PM.