Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

so whos going to ball up and put some 32 vavle heads on a lsx 454?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripped Off By Arao Engineering, Inc Russell Arao

Originally Posted by RAACCR
Does anybody who's not associated with Dominion/Arao have a set of production LSwhatever heads on a running motor that bolted on and performed as advertised? It's the same old BS they've been telling us for decades; I still say these heads are no more real than the Easter Bunny. Buy 'em if you want 'em...but I'm an old grey haired geezer who's been around the block enough to know better.
WISH I WAS OLD AND GREY!

We are taking legal action against Arao Engineering Inc. Russell Arao. We ordered 32valve Ford Cleveland cyl heads from him on 2/1/06. Paid in FULL USD$11k + to expedite the order with a promised delivery date of 90days MFG. and so far we received some pictures and a whole lot of bullshit promises.

Unless you feel like throwing your $$$ down the toilet, don’t even go there, take it from our VERY bad and costly experience with Arao.

I can write you pages and pages regarding this order with Arao, but I will spare you the headache.

Short story...On Saturday, January 21, 2006 6:26 PM I Kevin Gall made contact via email with a company located in California U.S.A. As you know the company is ARAO Engineering Inc. the owner is Russell ARAO . In my contact email to ARAO i enquired about a special order set of FORD Aluminum racing cylinder heads - a product ARAO advertises & manufactures. After receiving a reply and several emails i decided to place an order with ARAO The product is special order Automotive cylinder heads to suit a Ford V8 for racing use at a fax quoted cost of USD $11,000.00 manufacturing leadtime ARAO states on paper 90days for special orders.

On 31st January 2006 payment via Int'l Bank Wire of USD $5,500.00 & 6th February 2006 USD $5,500.00 was completed in FULL to ARAO Engineering Inc. Bank account. After several more emails to finalize details and special requests i was informed by ARAO were engaged and going. After some waiting i emailed ARAO on Friday, June 02, 2006 12:39 AM to ask if everything was on track, i received a response back from ARAO that everything was fine and on track.

Again after more waiting On Friday, September 15, 2006 03:05:42 i asked via email a good friend of mine that owns a reputable drag racing supplies shop located in Whittier, CA U.S.A. to contact ARAO by telephone. He spoke with Russell ARAO and he stated to he was waiting on parts from an outside supplier - hence the delay. In months to come i have made ALOT of repeated attempts in writing, faxes, calls, emails to receive a date for finalizing and completion of my special order. I still have not received a date at which my order will be finished.

As of today Sunday, Jan 22nd, 2008 nearly two(2) years later i have not received my order from ARAO Engineering Inc, only BU**SHT PROMISES AND ABSOLUTE LIES. The only thing i have received is pictures of my heads un-finished. I believe i have been patient and understanding and more than reasonable considering that ARAO has not delivered as promised 90days to manufacture.

From my personal dealings I heavily caution anybody wishing to part with their money to purchase from a disreputable company like ARAO Engineering Inc. If you have any questions/comments please email anytime! ....Arao Engineering has been reported by myself to the L.A Better Business Bureau & also C.A dept of Justice ,The office of the Attorney General C.A. It is noted Russ Arao Failed to respond to any complaint(s).
Old 01-21-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have to be a complete tool to buy cylinder heads that expensive.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forked pushrods? I don't buy it. Forked rocker arms, OK. I like to see a picture with the covers removed.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

That sucks the big one , sounds Like this Arao grub is just another internet scammer . Waiting 2 years for a set of heads is bullshit should pay him a visit matey.

cheers
Old 01-25-2008, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
just wait the 3 years and change for the gm dohc heads. 2011 they are supposedly going to ohc
why?????????????????????? they make more power with one cam then a dohc with a supercharger? that would be a big mistake. may be off topic but i just had to say something
Old 01-25-2008, 08:35 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by KAOS
why?????????????????????? they make more power with one cam then a dohc with a supercharger? that would be a big mistake. may be off topic but i just had to say something
I would disagree. That new (not new anymore) toyota 5.7 that makes 385 crank bone stock? It's basically an overhead cam LS1. That's stock, imagine with some cams and/or boost, even just bolt-ons, they could be monsters we'll just have to wait and see if it happens and how it turns out. You know how internet rumors go Even the magazines that actually do know people inside GM are wrong 80% of the time when they try to tell you what's happening more than a year in advance

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 01-25-2008, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The beauty of the GM GenIII is that it is old school cam-in-block. The other manufacturers don't even make cam-in-block anymore and some never did. If the LS series was sohc or dohc LS1Tech.com wouldn't even exist, at least not in its' current form. Look at how LS1Tech.com has grown over the years and continues to grow and expand. I don't believe that would be true if the GenIII were just another run of the mill ohc, but it's not. It's different. If you want a pushrod engine these days where are you going to go? Your choices are very limited. Add to that fact that anyone who can work on a GenI 350 small block or any of its' variants can also work on an LS series engine as long as they keep current with OBDII and your looking a huge market. A lot of people who are intimidated by the complexity of 4 camshafs and multiple chains to drive them feel comfortable tearing into a GenIII. There is something to be said for that. I hope GM has the foresight to keep the GenIII around for a long time. I dread the day when I read that the only 6 bolt main has become legacy technology.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:34 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by eallanboggs
The beauty of the GM GenIII is that it is old school cam-in-block. The other manufacturers don't even make cam-in-block anymore and some never did. If the LS series was sohc or dohc LS1Tech.com wouldn't even exist, at least not in its' current form. Look at how LS1Tech.com has grown over the years and continues to grow and expand. I don't believe that would be true if the GenIII were just another run of the mill ohc, but it's not. It's different. If you want a pushrod engine these days where are you going to go? Your choices are very limited. Add to that fact that anyone who can work on a GenI 350 small block or any of its' variants can also work on an LS series engine as long as they keep current with OBDII and your looking a huge market. A lot of people who are intimidated by the complexity of 4 camshafs and multiple chains to drive them feel comfortable tearing into a GenIII. There is something to be said for that. I hope GM has the foresight to keep the GenIII around for a long time. I dread the day when I read that the only 6 bolt main has become legacy technology.
LS1tech did not expand because people are set on GenIII and that's all LS1tech is about, LS1tech has survived because it evolves with the market. Had LS1tech followed your state of mind it would already be shut down, and if you are stuck on GENIII than you might already getting behind. The market changes, technology changes, and if you want to keep up you need to change with it. I love our pushrod design, but I will be more than happy to move on with whatever GM comes up with as well.

I don't want to make you feel nostalgic but GEN III has already been replaced in the performance cars, and has been for a couple of years It's GEN IV now.

Don't let overhead cams get you scared just cause ford screwed it up I think GM can impress you more than you are expecting

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Last edited by Scoggin Dickey; 01-25-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

im a firm beliver in heritage and a single cam is it. gm has always been the leader in this field. call me old fashion i guess
Old 01-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Launching!

well its kinda like ppl who like carbs still over efi. just a matter of opinion. gms track record with overhead cams thus far has been lack luster in my opinion. granted these are four bangers still feel the technology sucks. 2.3's how many problems did that bitch have. 2.4 the high end grand am motor lol that thing was a terd as well. ecotech? at least the heads arent bending in half anymore. so the progression of ohc engines is getting slightly better IMO they are all junk. cant wait to see what gm does come out with but gm cant even take credit for the lt-5 those were lotus inspired heads.

Last edited by kistlerjm9; 01-26-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KAOS
im a firm beliver in heritage and a single cam is it. gm has always been the leader in this field. call me old fashion i guess
I am sure the horse and buggy guys said the same thing when the first car made its appearence.

Quick Reply: so whos going to ball up and put some 32 vavle heads on a lsx 454?