Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Warhawk 481

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warhawk 481

I see world has posted a 705HP figure for there 'street' engine -any dyno charts as yet? (merlinpro) is anybody building one of these monsters?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In progress now. Cam, heads and Intake are spec'ed at this point, waiting on the short block.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:43 AM
Teching In

Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 AM
TECH Addict

this has some sick *** potential...
Old 12-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by UTE 500
I see world has posted a 705HP figure for there 'street' engine -any dyno charts as yet? (merlinpro) is anybody building one of these monsters?
They never return emails or phone calls, never. I'd say they will NOT have them.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lilmachine
They never return emails or phone calls, never. I'd say they will NOT have them.
Send a PM... You will get a response by the next day. I sent 3 a little whiloe back and got responses within 24 hours. Hope this helps...

PM... Merlinpro or email charlie charlie@worldcastings.com he has been good about communication.. I look forward to doing business with him...

Blessings,
Old 12-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Collections Removal

R67,
Thanks for the kind words and your future business.
lilmachine,
"They never return emails or phone calls, never. I'd say they will NOT have them.
"
...and you would be wrong.
Kindly do as R67 suggests and I will direct your question or suggestions and get you answers. If I can't answer your questions, I'll find our guy who can. You're new here so possibly you're not aware about this communication link. PM me with the name of the party who failed to respond and I'll find out why.
As for for dyno data on 481's: I posted power figures on our BMP site but was not aware the figures were actually R & D test combinations. Cams and (more) port programs are in development and Bill is very conservative about releasing data before we call it good.
So I've taken down the figures and explained the R & D status.
UTE 500, the author of this thread has been in phone touch (3 calls I think) with one of our heads-up tech guys and appears to be pleased with the explanation, data and treatment he received.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MerlinPro
R67,
lilmachine,
"They never return emails or phone calls, never. I'd say they will NOT have them.
"
Kindly do as R67 suggests and I will direct your question or suggestions and get you answers. If I can't answer your questions, I'll find our guy who can. You're new here so possibly you're not aware about this communication link. PM me with the name of the party who failed to respond and I'll find out why.
As for for dyno data on 481's: I posted power figures on our BMP site but was not aware the figures were actually R & D test combinations. Cams and (more) port programs are in development and Bill is very conservative about releasing data before we call it good.
UTE 500, the author of this thread has been in phone touch (3 calls I think) with one of our heads-up tech guys and appears to be pleased with the explanation, data and treatment he received.
What a nice, politically correct response. And this is why you are a marketing rep. I need one of youse guys in my outfit.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MerlinPro
R67,
lilmachine,
"
Mainly the "contact" submission forms don't get replied to. I've also called a couple times with no return calls from a tech, but it was a while ago. I've decided to go with the iron LSX anyway, but damn, I'd love to have a Warhawk, I just can't wait and hope they come out some day.

Just curious, when do they think they will be able to ship a block? Are there any approximate dates?
Old 12-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Teching In

I have indeed been in touch with World Products, and their service is excellent. If the stuff isn't ready- it isn't ready, a bit of patience is required, what they do is nothing short of amazing, what they are doing is improving on something a huge multi national car company spent billions of dollars designing, it cant be easy...... I am prepared to wait, i think the results will speak for themselves.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:27 AM
Collections Removal

edc,
"I need one of youse guys in my outfit."
Thanks for the kind words-and yes, it appears you do...maybe Bill will let me moonlight.
lil,
I will chat with the guy who monitors the site "Questions and Comments" section to find out why. The LSX is an excellent piece and I'm sorry we couldn't get you into Warhawk but I'm sure your project will go well with your choice. The offer still stand for questions to me.
To clarify: We've already shipped over 100 Warhawks of both deck sizes. Shipped many heads of both types. We've built and shipped a steady stream of short assemblies. Air Ride Technologies bought our 427 Partial display engine at the PRI show for their project Camaro. I've documented the build and dyno testing of our prototype 427 which made 620 with the small heads and cam.
So we've got the build parts on the shelf, the blocks and heads-we're just getting to the big engine R & D stuff. The only delay is the Hemi program which we just released and is huge. So the stuff is here NOW-just no big engines yet.
UTE,
Thanks again...
Old 12-24-2007, 08:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm still keeping an eye on the Warhawk setup.Looks very good so far. I keep having images of doing the 481ci with a nice 100mm+ Turbo in my race car
Old 12-24-2007, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I'm still keeping an eye on the Warhawk setup.Looks very good so far. I keep having images of doing the 481ci with a nice 100mm+ Turbo in my race car
suspension would be just as import as the power plant in this combo. will for 's
Old 12-24-2007, 01:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by One Bad Z
suspension would be just as import as the power plant in this combo. will for 's
Suspension is not a problem
Old 12-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm hunting for a build right now. I was going to use the lSX but there are rumors now to issues about a cylinder failure/casting flaw. I'm looking for a big bore and 4" stroke. Who do I talk to?
Old 12-25-2007, 06:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I'm hunting for a build right now. I was going to use the lSX but there are rumors now to issues about a cylinder failure/casting flaw. I'm looking for a big bore and 4" stroke. Who do I talk to?
If your looking for a block give World or us a call , if you would like a engine build qoute please let me know.

These world blocks are the ticket to saving weight and making crazy hp.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Teching In

I believe WizeAss has everyone covered here....

Last edited by R67Chevelle; 12-26-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by R67Chevelle
WOW.... what you mean about this one... I am in the Financing business and sent PM's to Charlie and an email about question on my 67 chevelle engine combo I wanted and had 3 quick responses, so now I am Merlin Pros marketing rep????

Hey MerlinPro.... according to this guy since I am a market gooroo for you I guess I get a 454 Limited edition for free... yea I wish

Yeah... okay reality check.... just said what my experience was with the PM and all the sudden Im a rahrah guy... get a life....

Okay boys and girls.... this is simple a PM is a personal message for forum members not PM as post menstral or puny mind...

Blessings,
uhhhh today the Puny Mind comment points towards you.....

He was saying MerlinPro is the marketing rep!

Re-Read the post.... then apologize for being clueless.

it is okay... happens to us all everynow and then. Since it is Christmas....we forgive you.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WizeAss
uhhhh today the Puny Mind comment points towards you.....

He was saying MerlinPro is the marketing rep!

Re-Read the post.... then apologize for being clueless.

it is okay... happens to us all everynow and then. Since it is Christmas....we forgive you.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:38 AM
Teching In

I am considering swaping the short motor on my 6.0 L76 with a warhawk 481. apart from the spacers i will need for the heads and moding the exhaust a bit what problems may I encounter? I am planning to use stock valvtrain except for cam and springs (330-340 ish) I am hoping for 500+hp and axle bending torque.