Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LME LSX 454ci fresh off the crate. (56k go take a dump)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008 | 05:42 PM
7 Second Club

Which heads did you decide to go with?
Old 09-09-2008 | 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
wow! that should run well..LOL

also....Kudos on putting up the cam spec... I'm glad you dont think its a national security issue like some
They didnt tell me not to tell.

It's a pretty common cam they put in big strokers. I know of two other with the same one...well three, just one isnt running yet.

thanks though.
Old 09-09-2008 | 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Which heads did you decide to go with?
Trick Flow 245's 4 bolt.
Old 09-09-2008 | 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jermzz
They didnt tell me not to tell.

It's a pretty common cam they put in big strokers. I know of two other with the same one...well three, just one isnt running yet.

thanks though.
It will be up and running before to long...

Mrs. Azrael
Old 09-11-2008 | 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Azrael
It will be up and running before to long...

Mrs. Azrael
I know it will!

Thanks for coming by you guys today and helping me get the valvetrain all figured out!

Missy feel free to drop by sunday and check out the install!
Old 09-11-2008 | 11:54 PM
10 Second Club

I know it will!

Thanks for coming by you guys today and helping me get the valvetrain all figured out!

Missy feel free to drop by sunday and check out the install!
I will probably stop by for a little bit...
Old 09-12-2008 | 07:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nice, I need to rob a bank. same setup but 9.5:1 and a big hairdryer. I think 1100 rwhp on 1 bar should not be an issue.
Old 09-12-2008 | 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

my 454 is almost done, hopefully....the shop that's doing mine, HIGHLY reputable and knowledgable, said i shouldn't spray or add boost to a 454 because even with the custom pistons, there isn't much room for error at the bottom of the cylinder with that long of a stroke, yet i see people and other shops use the SAME rings, rods, pistons, cranks, etc...and hit it with 300 shots, at least that's what they're saying.

i know the hard parts are good for the power, but are the motors? has anyone, ANYWHERE actually sprayed a 454, or boosted one? i've only seen 2 or 3 complete and running and they were NA.
Old 09-12-2008 | 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

thats my next build but not anytime soon. enjoying my 408 right now. has anyone ever ran an aluminum block 454? or is it better to go LSX?
Old 09-12-2008 | 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

nice engine by the way. i want that intake!!!

-Jeremy
Old 09-12-2008 | 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
my 454 is almost done, hopefully....the shop that's doing mine, HIGHLY reputable and knowledgable, said i shouldn't spray or add boost to a 454 because even with the custom pistons, there isn't much room for error at the bottom of the cylinder with that long of a stroke, yet i see people and other shops use the SAME rings, rods, pistons, cranks, etc...and hit it with 300 shots, at least that's what they're saying.

i know the hard parts are good for the power, but are the motors? has anyone, ANYWHERE actually sprayed a 454, or boosted one? i've only seen 2 or 3 complete and running and they were NA.
We will definately be hitting it with all of a 300 shot. Right now, or at least until next spring, it will only be a 200 shot but it will definately see spray.
Old 09-12-2008 | 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000_SS

TSP told me the same thing

Bryan @ LME however told me he as a few 454 LSX's running 200+ shots without an issue. And frankly, not to bash tsp, I respect Bryans outtake before TSP, but thats just my personal opinion.

Good luck with your build, mine has been a blast!
Old 09-12-2008 | 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Nice, I need to rob a bank. same setup but 9.5:1 and a big hairdryer. I think 1100 rwhp on 1 bar should not be an issue.
Another local guy here is doing a 427 LSX with a big hairdryer he's actually posted in this thread.

I know he plans on 1k+ on low boost
Old 09-14-2008 | 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

setup!!!!
Old 09-14-2008 | 11:03 PM
Launching!

Great setup and I cant wait to see the numbers.
Old 09-15-2008 | 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I worked on the car as much as I could today... sick as a mother f*cking dog.

Got the motor and trans *in* the car. Gotta finish all the little stuff sometime this week or next weekend.

Decently smooth so far. Had some issues with the steering shaft length with the new UMI Kmember, as well as the rack itself, what a bitch.

Big problem I see coming is the throttle linkage. There's no way that stock cable is gonna mount up to that intake without a fabricated bracket of some sort... i'll have to get that sorted out when I have time.

Those of you who do your own builds, the small stuff nickle and DIMES you to DEATH doesnt it? I spent like almost 200 dollars alone today on fluids, spark plugs, new u-joint, new serp belt, etc. Just crap I need to make the car run. what a PITA.

can't wait til she runs though!!

Last edited by jermzz; 09-15-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-15-2008 | 07:14 AM
TECH Resident

yes the little stuff is the killer-

little brackets,and fittings and stuff are a pain

Thanks

Nick--
Old 09-15-2008 | 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

I worked on the car as much as I could today... sick as a mother f*cking dog.

Got the motor and trans *in* the car. Gotta finish all the little stuff sometime this week or next weekend.

Decently smooth so far. Had some issues with the steering shaft length with the new PA Kmember, as well as the rack itself, what a bitch.

Big problem I see coming is the throttle linkage. There's no way that stock cable is gonna mount up to that intake without a fabricated bracket of some sort... i'll have to get that sorted out when I have time.

Those of you who do your own builds, the small stuff nickle and DIMES you to DEATH doesnt it? I spent like almost 200 dollars alone today on fluids, spark plugs, new u-joint, new serp belt, etc. Just crap I need to make the car run. what a PITA.

can't wait til she runs though!!

I thought you had the UMI K-member? (Same one we have).... I knew looking at that intake that there might be a problem with the throttle cable, we should sit down and look at it in the car and see what we can come up with... How did it go with the custom MAP/Brake Booster/Vac source, was there enough room in the rear?

Funny we just started not feeling well the last two days, so you shared it with us or vice versa; missed out on yesterday but we both kind of slept through the day...

Glad to hear it is in though!
Old 09-15-2008 | 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Azrael
I thought you had the UMI K-member? (Same one we have).... I knew looking at that intake that there might be a problem with the throttle cable, we should sit down and look at it in the car and see what we can come up with... How did it go with the custom MAP/Brake Booster/Vac source, was there enough room in the rear?

Funny we just started not feeling well the last two days, so you shared it with us or vice versa; missed out on yesterday but we both kind of slept through the day...

Glad to hear it is in though!
Yes, I do have the UMI. I got it from Dan, remember? The rack itself was a bitch to get in, but I got it done in about an hour.

I don't know WHY the steering shaft was too short. It came up about 3/4 of an inch away, barely any of bolt hole was showing when the K member was fully bolted up to the bottom of the car. Took two people and about two hours to get it on. There's a small small bit of play in the shaft part that goes to the steering wheel. We ended up using a long punch to "pry" what little hole there was from the threaded side of the shaft (the bottom) enough to barely slip the bolt by on the other side. It definitly wasnt easy at all.

There's absolutely no play in there now, which I dunno if that's good or bad, I guess i'll find out.

As for the intake, I didnt bolt it up in the car. I mocked it, just to see if it would fit. It does BARELY fit, but it's hitting the top right as it slides into place. I'm hoping when I physically bolt it to the heads that it lowers it enough to when I start the motor, it doesn't annoingly bang on the top. Well see. The reason I only mocked it is because I somehow managed to strip the vacuum fitting in the back, taking it in and out so many times figuring out what fittings I needed to make everything work. I ran around for about an hour yesterday looking for a 3/8 pipe NPT tap, but nobody had one. Not even home depot, orchard, etc. I'm gonna try and find one this week so I can mount the intake and see if it fits without hitting the back of the firewall with the fittings I have.

Then I'll need to mess with the throttle and see what I can do. The intake came with a "custom" bracket that bolts to the bottom... Problem is that it's too close to the throttle, so even with the cable fully adjusted in, there's a small bit of play and it won't go WOT. Prob only 80%. Need to get it another inch and a half back, but there's no room.

This intake, although beautiful and will kick *** once it's on, is starting to be more trouble then it's worth. Then again, my car seems to always be the car that "wow, i've never seen that before."

Take the steering shaft for example. I found one thread on here where people were talking about it. Like 2 or 3 people have had that problem, lol.

One step at a time, right?
Old 09-15-2008 | 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah, AND the intake definitly DOESNT fit under my ultra Z hood. ****.

Quick Reply: LME LSX 454ci fresh off the crate. (56k go take a dump)