Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

why does my 402 run better at night then it does in 95 degree HeaT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can i get the software from , about how much is it ?? i mise well just get a tune .. I might take my valve covers off and see if maybe my rockers have came loose , im stilll using stock rocker arms with duel Vavle Springs ..
Old 07-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well who ever tunes it should be able to figure out whats going on, thats their job...LOL

They will have the software and be able to tell if it's pulling timing or if the knock sensors are registering and all that good stuff. As long as it's a qualified tuner your all set.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well If my knock sensors arnt hooked up can this cause my problem ??

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Well who ever tunes it should be able to figure out whats going on, thats their job...LOL

They will have the software and be able to tell if it's pulling timing or if the knock sensors are registering and all that good stuff. As long as it's a qualified tuner your all set.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

???? No if they arent sending as signal to the ecu it isnt going to pull timing

Why dont you have them hooked up? Sounds like you need to hit the tuner asap and figure out whats happening before your ruin your engine
Old 07-27-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have to extend the wires on the Katech Cam sensor and Knock sensor harness cause i have have enought wire for my knock sensors so i need to splice the knock sensor wires to add to it ..

Why dont you have them hooked up? Sounds like you need to hit the tuner asap and figure out whats happening before your ruin your engine
Old 07-27-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Air density and heat soak.

cold air is more dense.

go out on a nice fridged foggy night and see how your car runs. thats when the air is most dense.

all motors suffer from it. especially in 90+ degrees and running the AC. Big motors generage heat, get used to it.

either that, or the hot weather is giving you pre detonation, making the knock sensor send a signal to the pcm to pull timing to save your motor. In which case you will need to get your tune fixed to pull a little timing. You need to get on some kind of auto tap ish software to be sure you're not getting any KR.

try running a couple gallons of higher octane on hotter days, that might help too.

Last edited by jermzz; 07-27-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

well here in a little bit im going to check my knock sensors and see if this helps out my situation ..

Originally Posted by jermzz
Air density and heat soak.

cold air is more dense.

go out on a nice fridged foggy night and see how your car runs. thats when the air is most dense.

all motors suffer from it. especially in 90+ degrees and running the AC. Big motors generage heat, get used to it.

either that, or the hot weather is giving you pre detonation, making the knock sensor send a signal to the pcm to pull timing to save your motor. In which case you will need to get your tune fixed to pull a little timing. You need to get on some kind of auto tap ish software to be sure you're not getting any KR.

try running a couple gallons of higher octane on hotter days, that might help too.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

spark plugs are looking a little black around the threads and then near the tip where it fires at its a little white ... here are some pics .. this is from cylender # 5 im in need of a bad tune ..it dont seem likes its getting enough fuel ..

theses are NGK TR55's gapped at .045 of an inch .. what does everyone think ?
Attached Thumbnails why does my 402 run better at night then it does in 95 degree HeaT?-hpim0989.jpg   why does my 402 run better at night then it does in 95 degree HeaT?-hpim0988.jpg  
Old 07-27-2008, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

I haven't run knock sensors on my car for over 5 years; from the the h/c setup to my LS2 402 without any problems.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BadLtBlu99TA
spark plugs are looking a little black around the threads and then near the tip where it fires at its a little white ... here are some pics .. this is from cylender # 5 im in need of a bad tune ..it dont seem likes its getting enough fuel ..

theses are NGK TR55's gapped at .045 of an inch .. what does everyone think ?
They're not that bad. Is there wet oil on the threads or just carbon?
Old 07-27-2008, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
They're not that bad. Is there wet oil on the threads or just carbon?
car runs like **** hesitates when i go to get on it , but it can be a combination o things im not too sure ..

iTS JUST CARBON .. they are tr55 NGK's gapped at .045 my compression is 11:3.1 what plug you think i should run ?? since a little higher then normal LS1/ls2 compression ?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BadLtBlu99TA
car runs like **** hesitates when i go to get on it , but it can be a combination o things im not too sure ..

iTS JUST CARBON .. they are tr55 NGK's gapped at .045 my compression is 11:3.1 what plug you think i should run ?? since a little higher then normal LS1/ls2 compression ?
If all of the plugs look like that, then they're good for now. Do you have a scan tool to data log? If not, invest in a scan tool/tuning software. It's well worth the price and will become your best friend once you get it. I use EFIlive and really like it (especially the scan tool).

Quick Reply: why does my 402 run better at night then it does in 95 degree HeaT?