Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Does anybody make LS7 pedistal shims?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody make LS7 pedistal shims?

Is there such a shim for the LS7 rocker arms? I am trying to run a custom cam with .650 lift and my valve tip wipe is a little off (too far toward the intake by approx .030 to .050).
Old 08-04-2008, 09:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant because the pedestal is part of the casting of the head
Old 08-05-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you'll have to run custom thickness lash caps, at least on the intake side, to get your swipe right.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I use a thicker lash cap on the intake, the swipe will move more toward the intake side. Also, my swipe on the exhaust is too far toward the intake without any caps.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Then run thinner lash caps. Not sure what you can do about the exhaust side of things.

FWIW, I'm running a cam with 650/670 lifts, stock lash caps, and no shims. The swipe is just a bit far forward with my setup, but it definitely not bad at all. Not sure what combo you're running that will throw your swipe so far off, but you might want to think about some aftermarket rockers.

As far as aftermarket rockers go, I'm not even sure if there are ANY available that will bolt right in without having to mill down the pedestals. Thats why I'm still sticking with my harland sharp rebuilt stockers.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Haans249
Then run thinner lash caps. Not sure what you can do about the exhaust side of things.

FWIW, I'm running a cam with 650/670 lifts, stock lash caps, and no shims. The swipe is just a bit far forward with my setup, but it definitely not bad at all. Not sure what combo you're running that will throw your swipe so far off, but you might want to think about some aftermarket rockers.

As far as aftermarket rockers go, I'm not even sure if there are ANY available that will bolt right in without having to mill down the pedestals. Thats why I'm still sticking with my harland sharp rebuilt stockers.

I haven't found any yet. I know some people are working on a few ideas.

AFAIK, Jesel makes the only options we have, and for a hyd roller, I really don't consider them an option.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stang's Bane
I haven't found any yet. I know some people are working on a few ideas.

AFAIK, Jesel makes the only options we have, and for a hyd roller, I really don't consider them an option.
I agree completely with ==>

Someone really needs to come out with some aftermarket setups.

Also, did you happen to have any problems with your aftermarket fuel rails leaking out of the injector ports? I have the same ones you do, but I couldn't get it to stop leaking for the life of me (and by leaking, I mean basically squirting out the ports lol, fuel EVERYWHERE), put back the stock LS7 rail, and walla, no leaks. Also, the provided spacers didn't seem to fit right, and appeared to be too short and would require shims to space it properly... I called "the" shop, but they didn't know what the problem was...
Old 08-06-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Haans249
I agree completely with ==>

Someone really needs to come out with some aftermarket setups.

Also, did you happen to have any problems with your aftermarket fuel rails leaking out of the injector ports? I have the same ones you do, but I couldn't get it to stop leaking for the life of me (and by leaking, I mean basically squirting out the ports lol, fuel EVERYWHERE), put back the stock LS7 rail, and walla, no leaks. Also, the provided spacers didn't seem to fit right, and appeared to be too short and would require shims to space it properly... I called "the" shop, but they didn't know what the problem was...
Nope, I had no problems with them at all.

Oh, I had a used block that finally just gave up the ghost.

Sorry for the thread jack!!!

Quick Reply: Does anybody make LS7 pedistal shims?