Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

ls7 4.130 + 4.100 = loss of 7k RPM??

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls7 4.130 + 4.100 = loss of 7k RPM??

Well, my plans for my ls7 is to, when I already have the H/C plus supporting parts, I want to get into the shortblock and get more cubes out of my stock block. With my calculations, I can easily obtain 580-590rwhp in my C6 Z06 with a moderate cam, ported ls7 heads and ported ls7 intake/TB. In hindsight, it's crazy to me thinking how far we have all come in thinking that 580-590rwhp or 600rwhp is easily obtained N/A and not with some nutty solid roller cam either!

Anyways, the debate over the liners is one thing, fueled from different sides of the isle. This is not a study of the liners. If I wanted to go with a 4.135" or higher, I might just go ahead and have her resleeved. I want to go as far as i can, to make as much N/A power with the same cam, yet not cross the threshold as I may want to still spray anything from 100-200 on-top.

Thus, here is my first inquiry. If going with a 4.100" stroked crankshaft, and possibly using re-bushed/coated LS7 rods, will I have a decline, due to durability, in overall RPM? I ask because i don't want to lose the ability to utilize the attributes of the ls7 heads and gearing/rpm.

Further, how far, and let say with a set of DARTON sleeves, can I bore the ls7 block to withstand my power goals? I have seen 440's, 441's,..... can you still, without sacrificing longevity of the block, rev her to 7k, of course with adequate heads/intake, etc.

Anyways, I just want to still use the complete factory powerband of the LS7 and go up in CI to get as much over 600rwhp as possible on pump gas. She pulls so nasty to 7k and with the factory gearing... it's perfect!

A.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

.... wow, its quite in here!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

600 RWHP will be easy, I have to agree.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 123 Likes on 36 Posts

Default LS7 bore, power

http://danzioperformance.com/video/testingbarstow.wmv

This is a link to one of my shop customers. Class 1 desert race buggy, LS7 Darton MID block 4.155" bore 434 cubic inches. The engine makes 700 to the wheels.

The Darton LS7 dry liner will go out to 4.190" bore. The MID wet will go out to 4.200" bore. The wet liner will stay much rounder in service and will take any amount of boost or nitrous you can throw at it.

Danzio's buggy originally had a stock LS7 block that cracked a liner. Before it cracked it always had a lot of blow bye and power dropped off because of poor ring seal at high rpm. After I did the block over with the MID sleeves, there was virtually no blow bye and the engine pulled right up to red line. Chris Muzio, Danzio's owner, said the engine also ran fifteen to twenty degrees cooler than with the stock block. Hotter cam, more compression got the engine now up to the 700 rwhp mark. After a thousand hard miles of desert racing there is no blow bye and near zero leak down.

The LS7 GM rods will work but need better bushings and better bolts than stock. Danzio's engine uses the GM rods. Katech does the bushing replacement, ARP has bolts. The rods need a slight modification for the upgraded bolts.

Steve
760-630-0450
web: www.raceenginedevelopment.com/
e-mail: race-engine-development@***.net
Old 09-13-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

some will argue that the piston speed will be too high. i think 6800 rpms with a 4.1 is what 7000 rpms is with 4.0.

fwiw i have a 4.1 stroke and have no issues with it, at all. it has tons of power, everywhere.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve - Race Eng
http://danzioperformance.com/video/testingbarstow.wmv

This is a link to one of my shop customers. Class 1 desert race buggy, LS7 Darton MID block 4.155" bore 434 cubic inches. The engine makes 700 to the wheels.

The Darton LS7 dry liner will go out to 4.190" bore. The MID wet will go out to 4.200" bore. The wet liner will stay much rounder in service and will take any amount of boost or nitrous you can throw at it.

Danzio's buggy originally had a stock LS7 block that cracked a liner. Before it cracked it always had a lot of blow bye and power dropped off because of poor ring seal at high rpm. After I did the block over with the MID sleeves, there was virtually no blow bye and the engine pulled right up to red line. Chris Muzio, Danzio's owner, said the engine also ran fifteen to twenty degrees cooler than with the stock block. Hotter cam, more compression got the engine now up to the 700 rwhp mark. After a thousand hard miles of desert racing there is no blow bye and near zero leak down.

The LS7 GM rods will work but need better bushings and better bolts than stock. Danzio's engine uses the GM rods. Katech does the bushing replacement, ARP has bolts. The rods need a slight modification for the upgraded bolts.

Steve
whats he using for heads and intake? Compression?

Quick Reply: ls7 4.130 + 4.100 = loss of 7k RPM??