Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Supply to L83 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

57 will be fine for low power applications. the low side outputs 72 under heavy load (wot) to support the DI high pressure demands (2000+ psi).
Old 12-22-2016, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to go with the TanksInc in tank pump vs inline pump. It's good for up around 100 psi. I will try it with the ls1 filter/ regulator and if the 57 psi is not enough I'll switch it out with an adjustable regulator
Old 04-29-2017, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vannatta20, what are you using to trigger the fuel pump on your swaps? Are you using the PCM to trigger it or are you just running it off of the ignition switch?
Old 05-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FastActon
Vannatta20, what are you using to trigger the fuel pump on your swaps? Are you using the PCM to trigger it or are you just running it off of the ignition switch?
i would love to know how others are triggering the pump as well. Using the stock fuel controller seems a bit complex to get it all working as it should
Old 05-29-2017, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I did a c10 swap with a gen5 5.3. We just installed a regular aeromotive 340 intank pump wired a fuel pump relay to the ign switch and ran it. We are using an aeromotive regulator and running 70psi base pressure. truck runs great and is very quick! the new gen5 engines make some really good power!
Old 11-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Teching In

UGIS,
Funny I am doing the exact swap with 2016 L83 in a 1957 chevy truck. Are you using the Mustang 2 IFS? I installed a heights mustang 2 IFS and haven't figured out the engine mounts yet.
Did you swap out the oil pan?
Old 12-21-2017, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1975delta88
My Restomod tank, ZL1 pump and my connector pigtail arrived last week. I went with the LT1 harness and controller because it came with the FPPM, the 02 sensors, the pedal, the fuel line pressure sensor and the MAF sensor. It was $1800 but I thought it was the most bang for the buck

Did you buy a LT1 controller kit and crate motor or just the kit. I was wondering if the kit would work with a non crate motor. I like the kit since it includes everything needed. Other swap harnesses come with most but not all the parts that are needed.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TigerTruck
Did you buy a LT1 controller kit and crate motor or just the kit. I was wondering if the kit would work with a non crate motor. I like the kit since it includes everything needed. Other swap harnesses come with most but not all the parts that are needed.
I bought just the kit. I'm using a 5.3 engine from a wrecked 15 Silverado.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1975delta88
I bought just the kit. I'm using a 5.3 engine from a wrecked 15 Silverado.
I will be following your progress. I, too, like what comes with the GM Performance kit. It seems to come with everything that is needed. I like that it includes the fuel pressure control. I have searched and nowhere can I find any information about someone using the controller kit without using the crate motor. There seems to be a lot of companies making swap harnesses for the Gen V engines but none include what the Chevy controller kit includes.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TigerTruck
I will be following your progress. I, too, like what comes with the GM Performance kit. It seems to come with everything that is needed. I like that it includes the fuel pressure control. I have searched and nowhere can I find any information about someone using the controller kit without using the crate motor. There seems to be a lot of companies making swap harnesses for the Gen V engines but none include what the Chevy controller kit includes.
I went with this set up because I wanted to use the ZL1 pump. Chevy performance already laid out what is needed as far as fueling system required to run this engine, so there was no sense in reinventing the wheel. My El Camino already runs with this set up. It just needs a tune to maximize power. I also had to get the CAI tube custom made because it wouldn't clear my rad fans. I switched to the car intake and the throttle body angles down and the CAI tube wouldn't clear the radiator hose. I had to get a a Holley spacer to get the TB to angle back up so the CAI tube cleared the radiator hose. Now it's just waiting for the brakes and suspension.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Just got my dad's LT1/8L90E out of a 2017 Camaro SS fired for the first time that's swapped into a '72 Cutlass using the factory ECM/TCM & Harness without a FPCM.

I used pin 44 of the X1 ECM connector to trigger a relay, It puts out 12vdc just like earlier ECM's. Though it doesn't seem to KOEO "Prime" at this time...... But it doesn't seem to affect the start times compared to running/priming the pump prior to engaging the starter.

Used a Aeromotive FPR & have it set to 65 PSI Static for now, 255 Walbro in a TANKS Inc fuel tank.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Correction, Pin 44 DOES prime the fuel system (KOEO).
Old 01-23-2018, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bamabob
I'm going with this requirement using a Walbro 392 which should provide needed volume at 80 psi. What I don't know is should the pump run dead headed when the key is in run position or can it be wired to be controlled by the ecm without using the fuel module. I have the module but there are a lot of inputs that I don't want to put the different sensors in for.
what sensors are you speaking of that need to go to this Module? Isn't it just a harness from the ECM/engine harness and a fuel pressure sensor?
Old 08-11-2018, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am still working on testing the FPCM on a swap. It is up and running. I was surprised to not see any difference in how it ran from before. I am still testing and logging. At WOT the system without a FPCM did not lean out so that is good. With the FPCM I cant hear the fuel pump running. It is much quieter
Old 10-21-2018, 11:35 AM

Default What trans? Thinks the 8 speed would be lots of work to tunnel

[QUOTE=1975delta88;19799324]I went with this set up because I wanted to use the ZL1 pump. Chevy performance already laid out what is needed as far as fueling system required to run this engine, so there was no sense in reinventing the wheel. My El Camino already runs with this set up. It just needs a tune to maximize power. I also had to get the CAI tube custom made because it wouldn't clear my rad fans. I switched to the car intake and the throttle body angles down and the CAI tube wouldn't clear the radiator hose. I had to get a a Holley spacer to get the TB to angle back up so the CAI tube cleared the radiator hose. Now it's just waiting for the brakes and suspension.[/

Quick Reply: Fuel Supply to L83 Questions