Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most power out of L83 with warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2023, 06:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Most power out of L83 with warranty

I just bought a 2016 silverado with the L83, it has a good warranty that I would like to keep. Is there anything besides the basic bolt ons like exhaust and intake I can do to squeeze more power out of it without voiding the warranty? TIA
Old 01-17-2023, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,113 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Originally Posted by cadben49
I just bought a 2016 silverado with the L83, it has a good warranty that I would like to keep. Is there anything besides the basic bolt ons like exhaust and intake I can do to squeeze more power out of it without voiding the warranty? TIA
Not really.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 274 Likes on 190 Posts

there are a few mods that wont void warranty. a range afm disabler to keep it from going into 4 cyl mode, and a pedal commander to adjust pedal sensitivity. both of witch can quickly be taken off with no trace that they were on if it needs to go to dealer ship for service. i have a range device i put on my moms silverado and it works great. i have a pedal commander on my 6.6 l8t and it works great mine is set at sport +3 the diffarance is night and day. the only other thing is maybe take out stock muffler and have a local shop weld in a muffler that you like (magnaflow / borla / flowmaster / spintech / etc ) most dealers wont care about a simple muffler swap.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (01-18-2023)

Quick Reply: Most power out of L83 with warranty