Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012 | 06:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would someone please explain how to pick a good header for whatever application. What questions should someone be asking and what should be considered when purchasing headers.

Not for my 427. Just wondering!

thank you

Robert
Old 12-11-2012 | 06:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GS340
Would someone please explain how to pick a good header for whatever application. What questions should someone be asking and what should be considered when purchasing headers.

Not for my 427. Just wondering!

thank you

Robert
Equal length for exhaust pressure waves, merger collectors. There is more but this will get you where you need to be.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-11-2012 | 06:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick V.
i skipped allot of pages but its the same on every website.

The name : LT1 = stupid, the only people who like it are a handful of lt1 owners on various sites. and like i said that only a handful. most lt1 owners and lsx owners dont like the name

GM-- be ******* creative and use a new name or rpo code or something, jeez

Tuning: Now Big GUnz has said it wont be tunable.

as a programmer who has done network security tasks, i can say thats the funniest thing ive ever read. Really almost spit pepsi at the screen from laughing so hard.

I love it when someone says something not hackable(govt ****), or breakable, or sinkable(titanic)

then people like me come along and actually hack something, then all the nay sayers fade away and you never hear about them again.

There will be tuning. of that you can be sure, someone will make it happen, so you can keep talking about your servers and keys and fuel tables and saftey all day but your talking to a brick wall.

cheers
-Nick ..... the last ls1 owner lol
If by some chance someone does magically crack the ECM and some how overcome the many fail safes in place, and they're magically able to get the system up and working again. Then access the fuel tables and High pressure Solenoid tables and tune it.
That person is just itching to turn the 2014 LT1 ENGINE into a 450lbs paper weight.

You don't have to take my word for it. I hope that tuner or tuning company has a replacement plan for 2014 LT1. $14,995.00 is a lot of money. Engine is tough however the precision in which it works and has to maintain constantly is not for the lite heart.

Then again....... all this back and forth over the ECM is pointless. We'll just wait and see. And for your hard earned money I suggest finding something less delicate when it comes to precision systems to tune.

Bigg Gunz

Last edited by Bigg_Gunz; 12-11-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2012 | 06:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Warren S
I still wonder about a few things regarding the LT1, sorry if missed the explanations previously posted.....

With part of the ability for external tuning removed, is the existing system able to compensate for small external modifications such as long tube headers for example? The ECM is self reliant it has the ability to make the necessary changes for external mods, no problems or questions ask. As long as those headers are quality headers then the ECM will compensate in tuning as needed for additional output.

When connected to GM to resolve any problems that require it, what other data is being downloaded?........ GPS data? Recorded vehicle speeds? As you may or may not know these cars will come with black boxes. Similar to EDR/CDR boxes in cars however this isn't for crashes. These new boxes are able to unleash enormous amounts of data. However the data for diagnostics is only downloaded in the event of a sensor or part failure. If something is really wrong then of course the box will tell all if needed. No GPS data is recorded as that is tracking and highly illegal. GPS is only obtained in the event you call onstar for help. The car itself will NOT record GPS data. This is your privacy.

After the warranty runs out, how will non GM service professionals have access to this system?
Any 3rd party aftermarket software company can diagnose normal car functions for broken sensors and such. The only thing that is off limits is the FUEL TABLES etc. The ECM is smart enough to show the part in failure through the display when access correctly.

Bigg Gunz

Last edited by Bigg_Gunz; 12-12-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-11-2012 | 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bigg_Gunz

Then again....... all this back and forth over the ECM is pointless. We'll just wait and see. And for your hard earned money I suggest finding something less delicate when it comes to precision systems to tune.

Bigg Gunz
yes, we shall see. and i will be keeping my hard earned money, so that i can modify my current car instead of buying a brand new stock vehicle.

after this camaro im going to get a trans-am or corvette (c4 or c5, if i win the lotto c6 z06)

i dont like the look of the new vette and i dont like the engine. plus everything for the current vettes will be probably three times cheaper to obtain.

the only people wasting money would be the buyers of the new vettes, if what you say stands.

well...not the retired people that buy vettes, they dont even try the speed limit so it wont matter that they cant tune their cars
Old 12-11-2012 | 07:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by C7ZR1forT
Bigg_Gunz,

I have read all of your posts. You are very knowledgeable and the posts are very informative. There are two specific areas for which I have questions, which I hope you can answer:

1) When you discussed the use of E-85, you mentioned that the ECM would increase duration when E-85 is used. I understand how VVT varies cam phasing, but I don’t know how it can be used to increase duration. Can you go into some specifics on this? Another 2 version of this engine is in concurrent testing. That engine has a cam in cam version. It's not that I was ignoring your question I had to get permission to speak on variable duration.

2) Is GM doing anything to improve rear wheel traction on the C7 to improve 0-60 performance? Will we see some rear weight bias?Yes
Bigg Gunz
Old 12-11-2012 | 07:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick V.
yes, we shall see. and i will be keeping my hard earned money, so that i can modify my current car instead of buying a brand new stock vehicle.

after this camaro im going to get a trans-am or corvette (c4 or c5, if i win the lotto c6 z06)

i dont like the look of the new vette and i dont like the engine. plus everything for the current vettes will be probably three times cheaper to obtain.

the only people wasting money would be the buyers of the new vettes, if what you say stands.

well...not the retired people that buy vettes, they dont even try the speed limit so it wont matter that they cant tune their cars
What I've stated is the truth.

I will concur with you on buying a C6 Zo6. Save up buy it and destroke it and apply your force induction power adder.

Now with the C7 and with the power that is available and power levels to come these cars will sell like "HOT CAKES."

Bigg Gunz.
Old 12-11-2012 | 09:56 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 355 Likes on 324 Posts

[quote=Bigg_Gunz;16970281]Now with the C7 and with the power that is available and power levels to come these cars will sell like "HOT CAKES."/quote]

Oooo - I just saw a picture of the C7 and its a whole lot of ugly. I'm now hoping for a Gen V crate engine!
Old 12-11-2012 | 11:35 PM

Bigg_Gunz,

In post #385 I posted questions I have regarding the C7. After that post, you posted responses to other questions. Thus far, you have not answered my questions. Can you do so, or are the answers to the questions outside the information you are authorized to provide?

In post #386 Kingsize posted an answer to one of my questions. Is his answer correct? If so, I still have further questions. Are you allowed to answer such questions?

For example, Kingsize provided "A cam map is most likely written to manipulate the ramp up to MOP and down from MOP during the duration cycle to "see" more duration." To me, this seams plausible if the cam map can control each lobe on the camshaft independently. But I believe that the lobes are not independently variable; they are fixed to the camshaft itself. If you vary the camshaft for any particular lobe, it will affect every other lobe fixed to the camshaft. Am I missing something here? Can you explain?
Old 12-12-2012 | 12:14 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

I agree WSS. This rearend it BUTT-UGLY. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!?!
Old 12-12-2012 | 06:57 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=wssix99;16970777]
Now with the C7 and with the power that is available and power levels to come these cars will sell like "HOT CAKES."/quote]

Oooo - I just saw a picture of the C7 and its a whole lot of ugly. I'm now hoping for a Gen V crate engine!

The aftermarket is a big slice of our bread and butter. There will be a crate engine and ECM for that engine. Rejoice!

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-12-2012 | 07:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
I agree WSS. This rearend it BUTT-UGLY. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!?!

What would you have changed about the rearend?

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-12-2012 | 07:10 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Kill the straight lines, and squared off corners. And the square lights. Rounded, gradual lines and curves are more fluid. Square stuff does not make a sexy car.

As shown in the pic above is just horrid.
Old 12-12-2012 | 07:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Kill the straight lines, and squared off corners. And the square lights. Rounded, gradual lines and curves are more fluid. Square stuff does not make a sexy car.

Yes, yes and yes.
Old 12-12-2012 | 07:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by C7ZR1forT
Bigg_Gunz,

In post #385 I posted questions I have regarding the C7. After that post, you posted responses to other questions. Thus far, you have not answered my questions. Can you do so, or are the answers to the questions outside the information you are authorized to provide?

In post #386 Kingsize posted an answer to one of my questions. Is his answer correct? If so, I still have further questions. Are you allowed to answer such questions?

For example, Kingsize provided "A cam map is most likely written to manipulate the ramp up to MOP and down from MOP during the duration cycle to "see" more duration." To me, this seams plausible if the cam map can control each lobe on the camshaft independently. But I believe that the lobes are not independently variable; they are fixed to the camshaft itself. If you vary the camshaft for any particular lobe, it will affect every other lobe fixed to the camshaft. Am I missing something here? Can you explain?

It's not that I was ignoring your question, I am currently waiting for permission pertaining to what I can and cannot say. I can answer your question in general however that would NOT be sufficient or do your question justice.. And I am sure you would like to know about (CVVT) in the 2014 LT1. And not some randomized answer. After I get word back from my superior on exactly what I can say I will revisit your post and answer in great detail. What I can and will say the 2nd version of this engine will used and optimize a CAM in CAM allowing for ultra complex cam controls of the specs.

When I answer a question I go into great detail on why, how, and the reasons the functions are set the way they are and this builds insight and understanding. I try my best to provide information that most keep in secret with in reason of course.

Bare with me as I wait for my superior to read and review my request to explain CVVT, VVT, VVC in an open forum. I need the GO ahead first, As all of these are very similar and very different and I can ensure you at some point within the near future you all will encounter them from GM.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-12-2012 | 07:23 AM
Banned

So basically start over and redesign? You have to keep in mind a RED DRESS isn't going to look good on every woman. BLACK, WHITE, BLUE does the frame justice. Over all the pic above is 90% correct.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-12-2012 | 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Any 3rd party aftermarket software company can diagnose normal car functions for broken sensors and such. The only thing that is off limits is the FUEL TABLES etc. The ECM is smart enough to show the part in failure through the display when access correctly.

Bigg Gunz
it really sounds like, because of the "dual os" nature of the ecm, that the fueling tables are actually running parallel and not concurrent to the rest of program that runs the engine.
Old 12-12-2012 | 01:43 PM
On The Tree

So basically start over and redesign? You have to keep in mind a RED DRESS isn't going to look good on every woman. BLACK, WHITE, BLUE does the frame justice. Over all the pic above is 90% correct.

Bigg Gunz
90% correct and 100% horrendous. The front of the car looks good but I'm surprised they doing away with the round taillights that have adorned the Corvette for decades. The rear end screams camaro and while there's nothing with that car--it's not a vette.

Hopefully the 10% of that picture that's not correct is the whole rear fascia.
Old 12-12-2012 | 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Will the back Panels from a c6 fit the c7?

if so i can see that being one of the main changes to the car.

hopefully the aftermarket bodykits will come up with something quickly.

Jeremy Clarkson will rag on us hard now
Old 12-12-2012 | 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Then my "age related" comment may be more appropriate. Some of the guys are "acting" like teenagers flexing their muscles. I may agree that the delivery by BG at times could use some freshening up, but the accusations, name calling and general bad mouthing IMO are uncalled for.

As for the back of the car...agreed, let the camaro have those tailights and keep with the round vette theme.

Last edited by dbs1; 12-12-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Quick Reply: New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block