Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gunz,

Can you elaborate on GM electric varialbe ratio rocker arms? (like the Hot-Rockers except electric)

CAn you say how many models the C7 will sport (base, GS,Z06,ZR1 ect.) and what will ultimately be top dog.

Can you comfirm or denie that ther will bigger displacement than 376 CI?

Why does GM continue to use "liters" instead of CI in their designations for V8's?

Thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCHammer
Will the C7 Z06 be offered in white all year models, or will it be another limited edition like the C5 & C6?
Originally Posted by Bigg_Gunz
I'll check into that so that I am sure, give me 1 day maybe 2 max and I'll will give you a concrete answer you can stand on. I can honestly say these cars look very mean & aggressive in Black or either White!

Bigg Gunz.
"All Corvettes are red, the rest are mistakes"

I recall that GM went back to the first Corvettes off the line being red for the C5. Not sure if that continued for the C6, or not...

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
Can you just cut the safety and danger bullshit already? Such a lame excuse.
Not when you consider the fuel pressures in the engine bay. (See BG's earlier posts.) My Darwin Award nomination is written and ready to go for the first person who catches their car on fire after modding this fuel system. (I just hope they take a nice YouTube video!)

Originally Posted by Suaveat69
Can you comfirm or denie that ther will bigger displacement than 376 CI?
The whole world is metric now. Its all the rage. I'd be shocked if any part of the C7 would be machined in imperial units.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bfls1...you seem to be missing the t in c sarcasm...right.

I want the big brutha version in my C7. How long must I wait for that creature? Can you provide estimated 0-60 times for that creation? I know it will be about less weight and better overall performance, but still...how much over 700hp will big brutha be capable of from the factory with better air going in and going out?

Are we looking at over 3 years to get our hands on the top dog C7, (which means 6 years for a decently priced used version that most of us can afford).

Like a few folks on the vette forum I'm in the age group to do one more performance vehicle. It will either be the big dog of the C7 or another 69 camaro with this new drivetrain that BG is going to magically pull my number on. Just know I will have run the wheels off this 02 camaro with the 600hp LS3 based 416 so I will need something really spiffy to wrap up my mortal driving experience before winding it all down. I'm counting on GM and BG to make this all work out as I drive off into the sunset...laying big black patches!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by wssix99

I recall that GM went back to the first Corvettes off the line being red for the C5. Not sure if that continued for the C6, or not...

Not when you consider the fuel pressures in the engine bay. (See BG's earlier posts.) My Darwin Award nomination is written and ready to go for the first person who catches their car on fire after modding this fuel system. (I just hope they take a nice YouTube video!)

The whole world is metric now. Its all the rage. I'd be shocked if any part of the C7 would be machined in imperial units.
the post you quoted is in response to wht BG said about an engine too powerful in a smaller truck is "too dangerous."
Old 12-18-2012, 02:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Please tell me that you are sharp enough to know that BG is just rollin with the flow on his comment about being to fast and dangerous...right?

If I get his "drift" he is all about fast and dangerous. (well fast anyway)

Now I want to hear more about a dbl cab 4wd with a lowball 450hp but 520tq that would just be excessive...

By the way, in regards to mo powa coming later...was not the first C6 Z in 06 considered to have the hottest tune of the bunch (as well as the lightest) and the first ZR1 being the fastest of its genre so far?????? Hmmmmmm. Could GM be so rash as to turn it loose out of the gate and slightly dial it back down the road??? I for one am tired of having to wait to get what I really want (marketing theory be damned).

Last edited by dbs1; 12-18-2012 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Empatho
Bigg Gunz do you know if the SS sedan is going to have the new lt1 when it comes out?

I cannot elaborate on this particular question.

Anything is possible

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick
When it comes to Big Brother....

What kind of forced induction does it use? Are we looking at the TVS again? To me the Rotrex and Lysholm type superchargers have some advantages. I'd imagine the disadvantages outweighed them when it came time to the LS9. It would be nice to get a little bit of input as to what were the pros and cons the engineers chose from. This is a very delicate question, as there are sponsor on this site that I do Not want my analysis and or feed back to effect their business in any shape or form.

The supercharger would sit in the valley right on top of the DI gear. This may be good in terms of sound suppression, but what about heat and safety? Nothing on the 2014 LT1 is more important than protection of that high pressure mechanical fuel pump and high pressure solenoid. There are strict procedures of how to depressurize the system in the unlikely event that it has to be serviced. (YOUR SAFETY IS MOST IMPORTANT) I find the fuel system to be robust and reliable. There is very little heat soak as the fuel doesn't have the static time in the area/tubing to absorb radiant heat from the oil valley. At operating pressure the fuel just wants out of the critical containment areas.... the injectors provide that, and they sound like a tattoo gun at WOT, however the Bissell like vacuum produced muffles this and you cannot hear them at all.

Say one would like to explore a different forced induction compressor, if the boost can be provided to mirror the OEM unit close enough, could the ECU adjust for the rest (fine tuning) not requiring any dyno+tune time?The ECM is very intelligent there isn't much it cannot handle.

Bigg Gunz

Last edited by Bigg_Gunz; 12-18-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chazman
Bigg Gunz: When you say the LT1's "big brother" I'm assuming you mean the supercharged LT4 and not a larger than 6.2L displacement. Correct?

I cannot elaborate on this question as on going testing continues.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Suaveat69
Gunz,

Can you elaborate on GM electric varialbe ratio rocker arms? (like the Hot-Rockers except electric)Yes, I can what questions do you have pertaining to the rockers?

CAn you say how many models the C7 will sport (base, GS,Z06,ZR1 ect.) and what will ultimately be top dog. I cannot reveal that particular information but what I can say is the TOP Corvette is going after HYPER CARS and NOT SUPERCARS.

Can you comfirm or denie that ther will bigger displacement than 376 CI? No comment

Why does GM continue to use "liters" instead of CI in their designations for V8's? Marketing continues to use both depending on the vehicle being pitched. 4, 6, 8 can be spin for personal interest. Liters in small displacement over shadows the factor of cu in. Larger displacement engines sound tougher when stating how many cu in is stuffed in the block. Just like saying 8.2 liters... see it sounds lazy and large...however saying 502 cu in sounds tougher and more extreme. And at the end of the day its the same. Just a title. And all these engines are designed in metric as the calculations are simplified, that's just engineering in general.

Thanks

Never marry yourself to a particular displacement. As displacement only has 2 functions and those aren't as critical as the heads.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Bigg gunz, 2 questions for ya

First, assuming im reading your response right to an earlier post, you say thay the new LT based motors could end up in a range of new vehicles accorss the board. Does this mean we will be seeing a kind of revival of the SS badge, or will it just be like the LT trim gets a 3.6 and the LTZ gets the v8?

And a little off topic, but i will be starting back to college this next year for automotive engineering, any chance at getting on with GM any time soon?
Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wssix99

It still continues as RED is corvette. However speaking from my personal perspective the (BLACK, WHITE C7) looks just plain mean, almost like they are just looking to pick a fight.

Not when you consider the fuel pressures in the engine bay. (See BG's earlier posts.) My Darwin Award nomination is written and ready to go for the first person who catches their car on fire after modding this fuel system. The person who tampers with this fuel system is just asking for trouble. I would rather take my chances training a rattlesnake to bring me my daily newspaper and slippers, than tamper with this fuel system. The danger is you're dealing with high volumes of fuel that can be released in milliseconds a fire extinguisher is useless. This system is always pressurize 500 psi even when the key is off and obviously more when running...... you tamper with it and if it has the smallest of the smallest leak..your going to burn your house down or hurt someone. (I just hope they take a nice YouTube video!)

The whole world is metric now. Its all the rage. I'd be shocked if any part of the C7 would be machined in imperial units.100%correct

Bigg Gunz

Last edited by Bigg_Gunz; 12-18-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dbs1
Bfls1...you seem to be missing the t in c sarcasm...right.

I want the big brutha version in my C7. How long must I wait for that creature? no comment Can you provide estimated 0-60 times for that creation? no comment I know it will be about less weight and better overall performance, but still...how much over 700hp will big brutha be capable of from the factory with better air going in and going out?no comment

Are we looking at over 3 years to get our hands on the top dog C7, (which means 6 years for a decently priced used version that most of us can afford).No comment on delivery. And you can own anything in life you want, you just have to be determine to see your dreams and goals through. It's just like horses at the derby, they have blinders on for a reason... You cannot worry about who's next to you. You just have to focus on running your best and fastest. If you can keep those side blinders on in life, you will end up achieving your goals faster than the people around you. You can do more then just buy a used corvette in 6 years if you take what I just said to heart.

Like a few folks on the vette forum I'm in the age group to do one more performance vehicle. It will either be the big dog of the C7 or another 69 camaro with this new drivetrain that BG is going to magically pull my number on. Just know I will have run the wheels off this 02 camaro with the 600hp LS3 based 416 so I will need something really spiffy to wrap up my mortal driving experience before winding it all down. I'm counting on GM and BG to make this all work out as I drive off into the sunset...laying big black patches!!! Nothing against the previous engines, however going forward these engines are just better and its only natural that these engines evolve. My current favorite engine is my Destroked LS7-387cu in. So I am a very BIG LSX fan......I have 4 or so engines fully built on engine stands.. I switch them around in my cars depending on my mood that keeps my sanity when dealing with the wife.
Bigg Gunz
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pontiacfreak142
Bigg gunz, 2 questions for ya

First, assuming im reading your response right to an earlier post, you say thay the new LT based motors could end up in a range of new vehicles accorss the board. Does this mean we will be seeing a kind of revival of the SS badge, or will it just be like the LT trim gets a 3.6 and the LTZ gets the v8? No comment other than expect a range of engines for customers.

And a little off topic, but i will be starting back to college this next year for automotive engineering, any chance at getting on with GM any time soon? General Motors is just one company never limit your options. Focus on going to college rank high on test scores and standing out in your degree positively of course. What you are trying and wanting to do is make the automotive world seek you and your knowledge, it is better to be chosen then having to chose and apply. There is always room for talent, you can never have too much table at the round table.
Bigg Gunz
Old 12-18-2012, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

Mr. Gunz, your valuable input is really appreciated. The LT1 & C7 info is starting to make me hate my current 2009 911 I miss the days of my 427 TT C5 There is nothing like turbo charging an LS motor

I believe you mentioned earlier that GM is having hard time finding transmissions that would stand the torque of LT1 (and its bigger LT brothers) without relying on torque management/reduction. Am I right?

If so, do you have any update in that regard? and will the C7 debut with new transmissions? and will all transmission options be available for the higher power C7?
The C6 Z06 & ZR1 were available with only 6 speed manual and no sort of automatic was offered. That was kind of bummer to some, specially those who like to drag race
Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the ZL1 was top dog shouldn't it be sporting the LS9? And not the detuned version LSA?

As for the ECM ...is a dead subject no need to keep pulling the wagon with no wheels. If the aftermarket is sure it can access it then, lets just agree to disagree to revisit the same subject is pointless.

Bigg Gunz
History of DVD, back in the early ‘90’s the MPAA insisted that the new at the time “DVD” would be uncrackable! Within a week a 15 year old had posted a program to get around it…

When you buy a new computer now while yes you own the hardware, you only get a license to run the software on it. You never own it! You also agree that you won’t try to crack, reverse engineer it, etc….could this be what GM is going to require when you my a new car/truck???

I read the new Indy Chevy engine is DI all the time and gets a BOOST from additional port injectors…
Old 12-18-2012, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

I'll check into that so that I am sure, give me 1 day maybe 2 max and I'll will give you a concrete answer you can stand on. I can honestly say these cars look very mean & aggressive in Black or either White!

Bigg Gunz.
I was wondering which colors you would recommend... I'd like to see one in silver, personally.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by xxxhp
Mr. Gunz, your valuable input is really appreciated. The LT1 & C7 info is starting to make me hate my current 2009 911 I miss the days of my 427 TT C5 There is nothing like turbo charging an LS motor Drive the C7 when it is available and you just might NOT sleep until it is in your car collection

I believe you mentioned earlier that GM is having hard time finding transmissions that would stand the torque of LT1 (and its bigger LT brothers) without relying on torque management/reduction. Am I right? As engineers we know.... that torque in first gear is what sells cars. This is also sets the pace for the first 60 ft. and nothing is more critical then the first 60ft e.t
Torque management takes and removes the soul of the car.... I am 100% against it.... What it does is turn a Grizzly into a care bear.....I got into a heated discussion with a supply engineer off the record outside of work (as this is the time where we can curse and be ourselves) we are all friends outside of work.... I do NOT like torque management systems or launch control in supercars.

You ARE NOT driving..... you're driving a pre-programmed variable that is generalized to point of question "what is skill and what is controlled performance by ECM."

If so, do you have any update in that regard? and will the C7 debut with new transmissions? and will all transmission options be available for the higher power C7? Big Brother doesn't like the input shaft in the current transmissions as it keeps busting it, not only 1st gear but 2nd as well. In my team... dialing back the torque for the sake of transmission torque capacity is just a deal breaker. We have a clear mission in mind for what is to come.
The C6 Z06 & ZR1 were available with only 6 speed manual and no sort of automatic was offered. That was kind of bummer to some, specially those who like to drag race 3 pedals can get the job done at the track effectively, just takes more stamina.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by johnbell2
I was wondering which colors you would recommend... I'd like to see one in silver, personally.

1.Black with red interior or Black with Black interior 2. White and red interior or White with peanut butter brittle interior. 3. Blue with black interior only. 4. Red with peanut butter brittle interior, Red with Red interior or Red with black interior.

And from there....the other colors just blend into the crowd.

Bigg Gunz
Old 12-18-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, you've inspired me. To Hell with the $600,000 I lost in real estate that WAS my retirement package, and what little was left the wife of 33 years took when she decided marriage was not her gig anymore...I will take the BIG DOG in YELLOW (it don't blend into anything) with the PB interior, and please have the halved half shaft thing figured out by the time you help me with that employee discount.

I'm counting on ya in 2016 BG, don't let me down!

And I agree, one can accomplish anything one puts their mind to...BUT they may have to make some trade offs in other areas to do so. And there is the rub...by the way, for what it's worth, you have my full permission to comment on anyof those questions concerning estimated hp, 0-60 times, and availability. Anyone that sees tq management as unacceptable is a winner in my book. The first thing that goes with a custome tune to get at the performance of the LS engines HAS to be that pesky critter that as mentioned robs the whole performance experience!!!

My 07 6.0 truck with the L92 heads and 3.73 gears with vvt had enough issues getting out of its own way with too big of heads, not enough gear and then tq mngmt mixed in. Had to go to a 3000 stall convertor to get performance then stay chummy with a gas pump when in town. From what BG is talkin it sounds like he and his buds have the same complaints and are working to make me a happy camper. Can hardly wait!!! Bring it on!!!

Last edited by dbs1; 12-18-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are fuel filters going to become serviceable again?

How many types of transmissions is GM going to offer on the base C7?

Any comment on how the new Alpha platform cars are looking?

Quick Reply: New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block