Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firebird99
Do you even realize how much this statement holds true to the information you are using to discredit his credibility? Also do you really think the head guy at marketing will know of every employee involved in every aspect of the car?
Again... the Corvette Marketing Manager did not say "I don't know of this guy". He stated that he investigated based on the link I provided him and that Mr. Gunz does not work for GM in any manner.

I've met Mr. Charles at various Corvette gatherings, most recently the ALMS race at VIR a few months back. The most efficient means of contact available to me was to message him on Facebook.

I was asked to back up my statement on here and I did so by providing the information/documentation available. I don't think Mr. Charles or anyone else higher up in GM is going to waste their time coming in here to post and verify one way or another.

Oh... and I've met numerous GM execs/reps at various races and the old Corvette Forum gatherings and none of them have come close to representing themselves in the manner that Mr. Gunz has... large corporations have rules that are followed... his postings are BS.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
I also find Mr. Charles comment very generic. It is possible that BG is not who he says he is but also, Mr. Charles may simply not be aware of who he is within the ranks of GM.
I agree Paul.... And why would he not deny this line of comunication, it is not a "official" GM line of comunication. Thus if someone gets upset, offical GM has deniblity. For all we know Mr. Cobra4B could be providing that for GM....

Hmmmm..

Bye the way Sir you are way off base citizising his writing style.... I have read this whole thread and feel he has been both informative and well mannered, with respect to the forum and the way in which individuals have addressed him. I would expect no more or less on this type of forum.

Keep it up Bigg Gunz... and I will be buying a new C7 so I can retire my well used C6z06.

Really enjoyed some of the new things you can do with the new ECM and DI VVT++, I cant wait to read the tec paper on this engine. A pulse of fuel in the exhaust phase is very very intresting.

Sorry to see this thread go because of some A h*** that didn't get any last night.

Bigg Gunz you have convinced me not to go to the with the new P-car I was considering and wait for C7Z06... good job you sold me!

NWBlueZ
Old 01-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Anyone who actually believes that crap is simply being naive.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

can I get a part number for the PCM?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Old 01-07-2013, 07:12 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Regardless if anybody here believed he is or is not affiliated with GM...

Regardless if anybody liked or disliked his mannerism and how he worded things....

He did bring to us an awful lot of previously unknown information and details from a engineer's point of view.

As it's been asked above, how can anyone explain the amount of knowledge he had about the GenV engines?

I for one do believe that he's in some way involved with and privy to what has been a project under wraps.

Now he's gone.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 PM

Regardless if anybody liked or disliked his mannerism and how he worded things....

He did bring to us an awful lot of previously unknown information and details from a engineer's point of view.

As it's been asked above, how can anyone explain the amount of knowledge he had about the GenV engines?

I for one do believe that he's in some way involved with and privy to what has been a project under wraps.

Now he's gone.

Thanks guys!
I agree... It should be thanks "GUY" Or should I Say Mr. cobra...got to be civil... right!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sleeper Z
Anyone who actually believes that crap is simply being naive.
Believes What
Old 01-07-2013, 08:19 PM

Bigg_Gunz I hope you reconsider. There are ways you can prove that you are who you are without giving away your name. On forums there is little quality control in terms of member personality. It should be expected that some will treat you in the negative way that they have. Enthusiasts come in all shapes and sizes.

Cobra4B Bigg_Gunz is an identity no less based on internet information than your counter information. Would Facebook exist without the internet?

I do appreciate the fact challenging to keep things real but not this way... Do you realize all of the challenges come from a one liner on Facebook? Don't you think that's weak compared to the strong conclusions you've drawn here?

I work and socialize with Ph.D.s on a regular basis. The engineers always have an air about them. They've spent their lives flexing that scientific method to the max. They don't do so hot in explaining decades of learning to guys that live by "word of mouth" or trial and error approaches.

Very successful engineers/scientists are not in fact required to have soft skills. They are valued for their minds. Some can't speak english but deliver the product when no one else can. A lot of geniuses in our history have been fanatics even. Sometimes passion drives one to specialization in ways you can't imagine. I absolutely would not expect great minds to follow a rigorous set of public image formalities. If they focused on those they wouldn't be the scientist that they are but rather a marketer of sorts. I would expect a GM power terrain expert to be straight, blunt, and expect their words to carry weight.

I have had no complaints in the way Bigg_Gunz communicated. I would even expect it from an experienced engineer. I'm sure it's really difficult to constrain himself to sub college info dissemination level.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So one guy was allowed to ruin the entire thread and "we" get blamed?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NWbluez06
Believes What
Did you join today just for this? Seems a bit suspicious, or maybe I'm just being paranoid. lol
Old 01-07-2013, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now he's gone.

Thanks guys!
+1 here. Many of us were attempting to gain all the knowledge we could from this thread and you derailed it.

Thanks Dude, besides who the heck runs a name of Cobra4B on an LS forum? Cobras are on the other side Holmes.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Personally, I really appreciated BGs info.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Won't the actual car be out in a couple of weeks?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

I wanted a suggestion on how to build a "built" 4l60e..... but i guess not. Thank Gunz though for sharing your info.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

so much good info thanks BG too bad u left we still had more questions for u... oh and thanks to one ******* that ruined it for all of us... *******.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Teching In

I for one appreciate Cobra4B attempting to verify BG's legitimacy. From the very beginning some things seemed "off", but he could talk the talk, so we believed him. IMO Cobra was respectful and didn't resort to insults like BG did instantly once he was questioned. Believe what you want about Cobra's proof, but as people said "this is the internet", it's only reasonable we would be suspicious, especially when we've heard so many things that border on too good to be true. If BG was legitimate, it is truly a shame that he has been scared off, but IF the info wasn't true, then I'd rather not hear false things to get my hopes up anyway. Many will probably disagree but it seems that making a quick exit when he's been called out with proof seems more like the behavior of someone who knows they can't prove they're legit, to me.

Thanks for the entertaining thread regardless everyone! We'll know more details on C7 in less than a week.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 PM
12 Second Club

It's a shame
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sleeper Z
Did you join today just for this? Seems a bit suspicious, or maybe I'm just being paranoid. lol
yes you are... and what are you suspicious of? I was having a good read and one individual has to keep pushing and wreck it for the rest of us.

SBC and a stick nailed it above... I too have had many experiences with Individuals of BG's stated caliber. I would not expect him to behave any differently.

I also agree with fact checking.... but the proof that Cobra4B provided was weak at best, and done in an antagonistic way.

So you got your fight with someone that had their hands tied! Got him to strike back... and now you are the winner! feel good!

As my Grandmother always said proof is in the pudding.... We will see what is to come.

Thanks BG... I have very high expectations now for my C7Z06!

NWblueZ06
Old 01-08-2013, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cphelps
I for one appreciate Cobra4B attempting to verify BG's legitimacy. From the very beginning some things seemed "off", but he could talk the talk, so we believed him. IMO Cobra was respectful and didn't resort to insults like BG did instantly once he was questioned. Believe what you want about Cobra's proof, but as people said "this is the internet", it's only reasonable we would be suspicious, especially when we've heard so many things that border on too good to be true. If BG was legitimate, it is truly a shame that he has been scared off, but IF the info wasn't true, then I'd rather not hear false things to get my hopes up anyway. Many will probably disagree but it seems that making a quick exit when he's been called out with proof seems more like the behavior of someone who knows they can't prove they're legit, to me.

Thanks for the entertaining thread regardless everyone! We'll know more details on C7 in less than a week.
+2.

Dude seemed to have a superiority complex and lacked tact. Aspergers syndrome came to mind.

Quick Reply: New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block