Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second a post above, that it is to time to close/lock this thread!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by elegant
I second a post above, that it is to time to close/lock this thread!
how did you do that?
Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Come on... A few more days for Mr. Gunz to return and explain everything.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

(Very off topic)HEY BRIAN!!! (Cobra4B). This is Jeremy that used to have the red truck. Not sure if you remember me or not been about 10 years or so since we have talked. I just happened to google camaro LS7 and this thread came up. Long time no see man.

As far as the LT1 thats going to be a nice engine. I am still way excited about the LS7 in the camaro that has everyone all excited.
Hopefully the LT1 will go into a 6th gen with a lighter chassis.

Brian nice seeing you are still around....
Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Small world! You still in the area?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, I live in Newport News.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Come down to one of the Va Beach Cars & Coffee meets some time. First Saturday each month at La Promenade shopping center off of Laskin Rd. In Va Beach. Here's the Facebook group page - http://www.facebook.com/groups/115284668486129/
Old 01-08-2013, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok. Thanks man. I dont have a performance vehicle anymore but I may check it out sometime. I will join the group on the facebook page. I dont get out to va beach at all. But maybe in the summer. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I have to break my rule for this... One more post. Please tell me you guys realize this is Mr. Gunz posting under another username. That or the biggest "swinger" of all time.

First off I am not BG nor am I a "swinger". Personally I wish I was BG so I would know this whole thing was a farce and I could feel better about this terrible situation you have created for us here. But unfortunately I am not.

If BG was a troll we would have had nothing to lose when he left. And if he stayed we would have had nothing to lose by listening to his BS and allowing him to take us for a ride so to speak, except maybe wasted time.
On the other hand if he was legit... then as SBC_and_a_stick said... "Then you killed off a chain of communication that was unique to the forum and enthusiasts. There is much more to lose here..."

Over all having him here either way was better than not having him here at all.

I thank you for going out of your way to do some research on if BG is/was legit and posting the Harlan Charles discussion. But after Charles somewhat generic PR response you seem to have put on your blinders and be stuck on one opinion. You dont seem to think Harlan Charles is human and could have been wrong. You seem to only want affirmation and are unable to listen(maybe even comprehend) others opinions if it is not in line with your opinion. But as you said yourself...
But hey... like that State Farm commercial... "I heard it on the internet so it has to be true... they don't put anything on the internet that isn't true."

What better advice to take than your own?

Maybe I shouldnt be saying this here but...
I think since BG unfortunetly wouldnt talk to you, you had to go ruin it for the rest of us.
I have to break my rule for this... One more post. Please tell me you guys realize this is Mr. Gunz posting under another username. That or the biggest "swinger" of all time.
Also thanks to your poor sense of logic I could easily become an imposter myself and become Bigg Gunz second alias. You have already helped me along in this regard by further posting more of your drivel here. You wouldnt know the difference because your one track mind only accepts what it wants to see and not how it actually is.

You seem to have become very paranoid "every new member with a low post that doesnt agree 100% with me is BGs accomplice!" REALLY?!?!( They "could be" not ruling that out but however its HIGHLY unlikely).

You seem to be very sensitive on how you are being dealt with directly and think everyone not agreeing with you is out to get you. You seem like a VERY self centered person who has their head in the sky and cant see what is going on in context beyond their little box and think they should be treated as if you are someone special(look at me im thinking about buying a corvette now treat me like a goddess etc).. Your EGO seems to be WAY out of control (maybe its just the internet or just overconfidence I dont know). I think you are just being a prima donna who just wants to be put on a pedestal and be right about everything and told "YOU ARE BEST CUSTOMER EVER!!!" GM loves you etc etc... Ad Nauseum.....
I sure hope you are a better person in real life.

Do I personally think BG was legit?most likely (i have narrowed it down to several people i "think" it was(but I could still be way off base))
Do I think BG could have handled himself better?YES (But I blame this on inexperience on dealing with cantankerous people on a internet forum)

I hope Bigg Gunz does come back but he probably should start a new thread as this one has gotten out of control.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:36 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Come on... A few more days for Mr. Gunz to return and explain everything.
THAT would be entertaining!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 PM

I’m sad to see Bigg Gunz gone. He provided a lot of very good information, and he is very knowledgeable!.

I, for one, believe the information he provided with respect to the LT1 mostly will prove to be spot on. I’m still wondering about the 40-80 hp increase using E85 on a N/A motor, but HOPE he is correct and the LT1 can properly allow more air/fuel mixture in the cylinders when E85 is detected. We’ll know in less than a week. If GM does not disclose such a benefit when using E85, that will discredit BG.

I myself have questioned certain issues with his posts, for example his grammar, and his statement about his income. Those could be signs he is not who he claims to be, but his in depth knowledge in very persuasive. It’s hard to believe somebody with such in depth knowledge, and obvious skill, would take so much time to be a troll. What is the benefit? Especially since the statements should be proved or disproved within such a short period of time. I’m not sure.

So, at least until the reveal on 1/13/13, I’ll believe BG to be who he claims to be. After the reveal, I will re-evaluate. If everything he said proves to be spot on, then I will believe that he is who he claims to be. If not, well then he isn’t.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

If E85 was so amazing for the LT1 why wasn't it mentioned at all in the engine reveal presentations? With GM being so "green" focused wouldn't they take full advantage of it?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Today 03:55 PM
You are a Hypocrite.

I sometimes came over here to LS1 Tech from Team Chevelle to lurk because I am considering an LS swap into my 67 Chevelle. I joined LS1 Tech last night because of you, and for the record, this is my second post on LS1 Tech!

As an older gentleman reading this thread you remind me of a spoiled child.
You clearly have a lack of decency for others. Something that is not tolerated over at Team Chevelle. You are like the kid playing sandlot football who gets upset because you are not getting enough passes thrown your way. So, since the ball belongs to you, you get angry and leave taking the ball with you, and ruin everyone elses fun.

Who cares if BG was with GM or not. He had things to tell that I have spent the better part of my car hobbying life trying to understand. I can remember when I was a young man trying to get HP out of the Gen 1 Chevy engines.

Every guy behind the counter of a performance shop knew just what I needed to make killer HP. It took me awhile, but I learned that they didn't know $%*t about making HP or else they were padding their commission check with my hard earned money. Not every guy on this thread has the money to go out and buy a new vette. I certainly don't.

Guys who can't afford a new vette are thirsty for knowledge. These guys have budgets that they have to stay within for their builds.

I will guarantee you right now, there are people on this thread who are still being taken advantage of because they are being sold performance parts or other inhancements that are just not appropriate for their desired results.

If someone is willing to share their knowledge about making HP with economy, and durability who cares that the source may or may not be a real GM guy. As BG said, metal does not lie. How many times have you broke a part because you used it in an application that it was not intended for. Then when it broke, you demanded your money back. Not because the part failed, but because you failed.

You have failed an interesting thread.
Did BG not throw enough passes your way?

Last edited by Chevelle Fan; 01-08-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Teching In

If E85 was so amazing for the LT1 why wasn't it mentioned at all in the engine reveal presentations? With GM being so "green" focused wouldn't they take full advantage of it?
Because they have yet to reveal any "official" power numbers.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
this...

and this..
so.. "he may have been a liar but who cares?"

a small list of those that have done similar to what bg is supposedly doing except they were up front with their identities:
RobinL (gm sponsored racer)
Jason from Katech (sort of similar to harlans postion at GM. had a LOT of neat info about the C5R and C6R race programs and even did a pictoral documentary thread on a corvette road racer build)
Scott Settlemire (person responsible for the camaro and its development at one point. a gm exec.)
John Lingenfelter (if you dont know who he is then :facepalm:. died from injuries in a racing related crash.)

we wont ever know who bg was unless some glaringly obvious evidence comes out. we may see come next monday. but unlike a lot of his counterparts, he decided to let that question linger and answered it with insults and the like.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Just a couple of things about Scott Settlemire. He posted on various forums, incognito for a looong time. His original screen name was Red Planet. There were a handful of us who knew him a figured out his his identity. That was many years ago, and yes there were others who thought he was a fraudulent troll.

BTW, he didn't "develop" the Camaro, he was the Assistant Brand Manager for the 4th gen Camaro/Firebird.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by chazman
Just a couple of things about Scott Settlemire. He posted on various forums, incognito for a looong time. His original screen name was Red Planet. There were a handful of us who knew him a figured out his his identity. That was many years ago, and yes there were others who thought he was a fraudulent troll.

BTW, he didn't "develop" the Camaro, he was the Assistant Brand Manager for the 4th gen Camaro/Firebird.
semantics in words.. still responsible/partially responsible for the car and what it became. couldve worded it better. i know he wasnt an engineer, etc.

people thought lingenfelter was a troll at first as well.

the type and 'importance' of certain information is such that simply claiming you are something isnt good enough. proof of identity of some sort is needed/recommended. seems scott proved who he was, bg just sort of ran.

kenny kreiwic (sp) is/was here as well as he was building an LSx race car and he introduced himself the first day.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 AM
Teching In

I have been a lurker but I love V8's and perhaps BG will appear at the upcoming presentation. Who knows....
Old 01-09-2013, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
What i previously said...
Originally Posted by AllGoodNamesTaken
Personally I really dont care if he was real or not.
Im just unhappy how we had someone taking there time (legit or not) to answer our various engine questions.
What i really do care about is the free informative tips he was handing out to people looking to build a LSx engine.
And his other more technical posts about the inner workings of the engines were an interesting read.
Also what someone else just recently said...
Originally Posted by Chevelle Fan
Who cares if BG was with GM or not. He had things to tell that I have spent the better part of my car hobbying life trying to understand.
If someone is willing to share their knowledge about making HP with economy, and durability who cares that the source may or may not be a real GM guy.
I believe BG was not up front about his personal identity because he originally came here in an unofficial capacity. He only revealed that he was an actual GM engineer after he got frustrated with us the first time and left. He then came back again in unofficial capacity but then we knew who he was(or claimed to be).

Had he not gotten frustrated and left the first time and claimed to be a GM engineer we still probably wouldnt know who he was. He would just be "some random guy" that knows alot about engines and somehow happens to have alot of insider info.

I wish people would just drop the "BG needs to prove who he is" BS because I really dont think that will get us anywhere. I have my own "guesstimations" on who he is but I think that really is irrelevant. Posting of who I "think" he is will get us no closer to having him back and probably do more to chase him off. And on the chance that Bigg Gunz does happen to be a troll(and an excellent impersonator) I dont want to be responsible for blowing up some poor guys desk at GM because I was wrong. I wish I could get him to prove that he was GM engineer with out revealing his personal information by having him post a picture of a sticky note that has his alias "Bigg Gunz" on an LT1 GenV cylinder head or something similar. So that it would maybe shut some of you up about this nonsense.

I think unfortunatly some people are just more concerned about who he is and what big name he is, than what the man has to say.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM
12 Second Club

The fact that you can't grasp a reason why they wouldn't be flaunting these figures until after the release or EVER is the reason why this is a pointless discussion.

They may never advertise E85 HP figures or mention that it gives more power. They may just leave it for underground discovery.

thanks hero, for all your efforts here.

Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O
Exactly because I have been in engineering for the past 10 years and a family of engineers, i know the type of people. I found it refreshing to find someone that didn't give a **** about grammar. I remember when I came to this site, fuckn tool bustin my ***** about the difference between your and you're. Im an engineer IDC. We are talking about all this awesome **** and your mind is drawn to the grammar wow.

Someone with his amount of knowledge wouldn't make up all these facts for no reason. if he did that is a severly disturbed individual with high intelligence, scary combo lol ..

He may have lied about not being a consultant or a vendor but WHO CARES. He had more knowledge than all of us.

Quick Reply: New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block