Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
Who do you work for? What role, if any, did you play in the development of this system? There are/were a few people directly from gm (robin something?) who used to post on here. It's hard to take you seriously and differentiate you from any other 16 year old who posts stuff on here if you won't reveal your sources.

I will suspend the question of who I work for obvious ramifications will ensue. I cannot speak on roles pertaining to any individual including or excluding myself. As for the development of this system.

I will explain...without specifics but I have full confidence that you will be able to understand what is being stated.

As I've stated... The ECM and please refer to these as the ECM's is Now a virtual client. The ECM has a microprocessor that is now virtualize. Unlike before.. What that means is means is the ENGINE MANAGEMENT DEVELOPERS put more than one operating system on this single processor. The hypervisor separates between each OS. The OS modeling through a new authoring feature and IP specification import function. Through TLS and TLM as well as can be used in a wide variety of applications including systems such as engine and transmission control, braking systems, power steering systems, chassis domain control, airbags, advanced driver assistance systems, and infotainment systems.

The virtualization easily allows the system to overwrite any changes or deny unauthorized access. This ECM contains software tools enabling greater visibility and controllability into the system software execution.

Bigg Gunz
Old 10-25-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Right, but recall that in the supersymmetric method H(1) = AyA and H(2) = AAy. Here, there exists a symmetry between eigenstates of H(1) and H(2), while in SUSY QM there exists a symmetry between eigenstates of the same Hamiltonian, though the eigenstates dier by fermion number. By now, you might have noticed that the symmetry of the two systems is basically the same with replacements Q $ A and Qy $ Ay. The proofs of all the useful properties of the supersymmetric method map directly onto proofs of the interesting properties of the SUSY QM spectrum.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Right, but recall that in the supersymmetric method H(1) = AyA and H(2) = AAy. Here, there exists a symmetry between eigenstates of H(1) and H(2), while in SUSY QM there exists a symmetry between eigenstates of the same Hamiltonian, though the eigenstates dier by fermion number. By now, you might have noticed that the symmetry of the two systems is basically the same with replacements Q $ A and Qy $ Ay. The proofs of all the useful properties of the supersymmetric method map directly onto proofs of the interesting properties of the SUSY QM spectrum.
Ambivalence is what you are experiencing.

Bigg Gunz
Old 10-25-2012, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

So there is basically a client and a server in the ECM? So the server holds the database, and the virtual client monitors and controls the inputs and outputs of engine? What stops someone from making the client look to a different server/database since you are saying you can't alter the database in the server?
Old 10-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Default Something really big is coming?

When you say something really big is coming are you refering to the Z28 that Gm just applied for the patent to use the name again?
Every 22 years we get a new LT1 in a Z28 so my guess is a supercharged LT4 in a Z28 for 2014 or 2015?
Old 10-25-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigg_Gunz
Who is Bigg Gunz?

What I am allowed to say is this the following and strictly will not comment additional. I will have to speak in Generality so the questions are to be asked in the same fashion.

Ask your question in a fashion in which I can reply in general.

Bigg Gunz
Are you a ******* robot??
Old 10-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by purpleflamzz
When you say something really big is coming are you refering to the Z28 that Gm just applied for the patent to use the name again?
Every 22 years we get a new LT1 in a Z28 so my guess is a supercharged LT4 in a Z28 for 2014 or 2015?

I am allowed to say I concur with your comment. And yes it is very very powerful.

Bigg Gunz
Old 10-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
So there is basically a client and a server in the ECM? So the server holds the database, and the virtual client monitors and controls the inputs and outputs of engine? What stops someone from making the client look to a different server/database since you are saying you can't alter the database in the server?

The capital investment in developing such a ECM would deter exactly this scenario from happening. This is why the hypervisor is in place between the two OS within the OEM ECM. The aftermarket version of such a ECM would take years and years and the cost to the consumer would render it D.O.A for large scale production.

Bigg Gunz
Old 10-25-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by purpleflamzz
They cannot say. They are Legion.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 93M6Formula
Are you a ******* robot??
Lmaooooooo!!!! I almost choked reading this lol
Old 10-25-2012, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

Bigg Gunz,

I think the point you are missing here is we really don't care that something bigger and better is in the works. Who gives a crap about a Super/Turbo charged Z28 making 6 - 700hp that many of us can not afford. Hell even the ZL1 is out of reach for most. We purchase what we can afford and mod it. With this "un-tunable computer" GM is basically saying if you want more HP your going to need to shell more $$ for the next model up. As far as I am concerned they can take the LT1 and ECM and shove it up their a$$.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

I will suspend the question of who I work for obvious ramifications will ensue. I cannot speak on roles pertaining to any individual including or excluding myself. As for the development of this system.

I will explain...without specifics but I have full confidence that you will be able to understand what is being stated.

As I've stated... The ECM and please refer to these as the ECM's is Now a virtual client. The ECM has a microprocessor that is now virtualize. Unlike before.. What that means is means is the ENGINE MANAGEMENT DEVELOPERS put more than one operating system on this single processor. The hypervisor separates between each OS. The OS modeling through a new authoring feature and IP specification import function. Through TLS and TLM as well as can be used in a wide variety of applications including systems such as engine and transmission control, braking systems, power steering systems, chassis domain control, airbags, advanced driver assistance systems, and infotainment systems.

The virtualization easily allows the system to overwrite any changes or deny unauthorized access. This ECM contains software tools enabling greater visibility and controllability into the system software execution.

Bigg Gunz
Because nobody has ever broken out of hypervisors before?

And what is to say GM doesn't have some screwed up implementation of TLS?

And nobody has ever had collision issues with encryption?

Sony/Apple/multiple other companies with a much deeper talent pool of security minded folks have all had their stuff broken.

The other thing is you keep mentioning how complicated direct injection is...weird BMW has it and also has piggyback/after market tuning and same thing with the Cobalt and other vehicles.

Last edited by mshadow; 10-25-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Do we have a top secret GM insider on here?? This guy seems well informed....
Old 10-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok big gun, how about answering this then:

What is the plans for GM's racing division that is going to have to use the LT1? How about the much hyped C7R? Odds of GM selling a "race ecu" are probably pretty good eh?

Will gm sell performance upgrades for the vette, aka stage 1, 2, 3?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

I had to laugh about the opti explanation, it's true that you will not find a better way for spark timing. But you will not find a worse company to make parts either! Declo = Dead Electronic Crap Left Over.... Hence the reason my daily is now Mopar but since I like to beat on a car I kept the TA despite GM and it's piece of **** execution of a ignition system. Hell you should be paying me fing royalties for keeping it on the road despite GM's best efforts to build an electronic device that will CERTAINLY fail -- And yes that was a rant but I've replaced enough opti's to say whatever in the hell I want to about it... Before anyone say's are you installing them right stupid comments begin I'll go ahead and let you know that I'm a BMW Master and have been building cars longer than a lot of you have been alive.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Burntclutches
I had to laugh about the opti explanation, it's true that you will not find a better way for spark timing. But you will not find a worse company to make parts either! Declo = Dead Electronic Crap Left Over.... Hence the reason my daily is now Mopar but since I like to beat on a car I kept the TA despite GM and it's piece of **** execution of a ignition system. Hell you should be paying me fing royalties for keeping it on the road despite GM's best efforts to build an electronic device that will CERTAINLY fail -- And yes that was a rant but I've replaced enough opti's to say whatever in the hell I want to about it... Before anyone say's are you installing them right stupid comments begin I'll go ahead and let you know that I'm a BMW Master and have been building cars longer than a lot of you have been alive.
Congratufuckinglations, do I need to wip out my ruler since this became a **** sizing contest?

And that joke about AC DELCO wasn't even remotely clever since you had to change the spelling.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

As for the "next big thing", most of us on this forum dont care. None of us can afford it. This crowed is looking for a $20,000 3100lb, live rear axle, 500 horsepower engine with a 6 speed stick that is easily modded. The overweight gen 5 camaro is widely hated anyways by guys who are really looking for performance. Between the new 5.0 and the 5th gen camaro, many of us would abandon our GM loyalty to get the 5.0. You cant even fit a helmet through the window opening of the 5th gen.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
ok big gun, how about answering this then:

What is the plans for GM's racing division that is going to have to use the LT1? How about the much hyped C7R? Odds of GM selling a "race ecu" are probably pretty good eh?

Will gm sell performance upgrades for the vette, aka stage 1, 2, 3?

Could you ask this question in different form of generalities. As the question stands I cannot address the questions presented for many reasons.

Bigg Gunz
Old 10-25-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Could you ask this question in different form of generalities. As the question stands I cannot address the questions presented for many reasons.

Bigg Gunz
Yup.....Robot.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 93M6Formula
Congratufuckinglations, do I need to wip out my ruler since this became a **** sizing contest?

And that joke about AC DELCO wasn't even remotely clever since you had to change the spelling.
Well you can measure my **** when your girl takes out of her ***... You brought it up moron, not sure where the I'm better than everyone else comparison comes from oh well.

DELCO And Duh dipshit.

Thanks for proving my point about age and the stupid comments reference. Your momma must sure be proud, you **** holster.

Quick Reply: New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block