Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

2014 LT1/Gen 5 engine development well underway at Livernois Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
Exactly. Plus there are better flowing heads already available for the LS platform. Why not just do some trickflows.
its not just the heads .

Livernois, are you guys going to do a cross section set of pictures? or will that happen only when a spare set become available?
Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I too would like to know what you're tuning it with. Everybody everywhere has been yelling that the PCMs are locked up like Fort Knox and nobody has cracked it yet.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Launching!

The time has come. Read this:

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/nigel-dobb...ound-breaking/

If my predictions are correct after reading that article, the aftermarket shall provide us with direct injection retrofit parts! I hope they do. Wonder how much n/a power a h/c/i direct injected ls7 would put down!
Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

HP Tuners has had it working since before the trucks even came out.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by BanditTA
I too would like to know what you're tuning it with. Everybody everywhere has been yelling that the PCMs are locked up like Fort Knox and nobody has cracked it yet.
There is nothing locked up about the PCM used in the trucks.
We have been flashing it for weeks now, and so apparently has EFI live and HPtuners
Old 07-11-2013, 05:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snkebait95
The time has come. Read this:

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/nigel-dobb...ound-breaking/

If my predictions are correct after reading that article, the aftermarket shall provide us with direct injection retrofit parts! I hope they do. Wonder how much n/a power a h/c/i direct injected ls7 would put down!
To be honest, the amount it would cost in man-hours to retrofit the system would most likely not worth it. There are differences in the fueling system, the cam, heads, etc etc -Chris
Old 07-11-2013, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BanditTA
I remember a guy months ago saying that. Apparently he was dead wrong, like everyone was telling him.

Edit, post #21

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...m-block-2.html

Last edited by 98RedZone; 07-11-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: added link
Old 07-12-2013, 03:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LivernoisMotorsports
To be honest, the amount it would cost in man-hours to retrofit the system would most likely not worth it. There are differences in the fueling system, the cam, heads, etc etc -Chris
Im just saying if you have a bare block sitting there, and a car already fitted to accept the ls engine and you can build it for direct injection, and the aftermarket parts are all there, why not? It seems like the potential for n/a power would be worth it, especially running e85. I wonder how katechs doing it with the upcoming c7r?

Or it could be just as easy to swap in a new lt1 as it is to swap in ls engines.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:37 AM
Launching!

great stuff. earlier on facebook i seen someone else doing flow numbers on some lt1 heads. im still trying to see if i like these trucks. seen one up close at cars and coffee but idk
Old 07-13-2013, 08:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Snkebait95
Im just saying if you have a bare block sitting there, and a car already fitted to accept the ls engine and you can build it for direct injection, and the aftermarket parts are all there, why not? It seems like the potential for n/a power would be worth it, especially running e85. I wonder how katechs doing it with the upcoming c7r?

Or it could be just as easy to swap in a new lt1 as it is to swap in ls engines.
the gains the lt1 is getting over an LS is from the DI working with VVT and a more complex computer.

Quick Reply: 2014 LT1/Gen 5 engine development well underway at Livernois Motorsports