Group Purchase Requests Please post your GP requests here for the sponsors to consider them.

SJM ABS delete/ll kit GP??

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SJM ABS delete/ll kit GP??

Can we get one started? Anybody interested??
Thanks!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of interest but its never happened.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by King James
Lots of interest but its never happened.
Damn! Well maybe this time will be different? Worth a shot!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in
Old 07-16-2006, 01:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, they are already set at an outstanding value. We provide full customer support, full warranty and install assistance if you need help. All kits are in stock and ready to ship w/in 24 hours.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Guys, they are already set at an outstanding value. We provide full customer support, full warranty and install assistance if you need help. All kits are in stock and ready to ship w/in 24 hours.
Im not sure what I would need? Just want ABS delete with a line lock. I dont have TCS. There are alot of diffeent models?
Old 07-24-2006, 06:34 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by a98ws6
Im not sure what I would need? Just want ABS delete with a line lock. I dont have TCS. There are alot of diffeent models?
To answer your question, think of a few wants/needs (I’ll mention them all for others)
1) What is the year/model of your car?
2) Do you have traction control (TCS)
3) Do you own your own double flare tool?
4) Do you own a line lock currently? If so, it must be a biondo style or hurst-style LL which can be mated to the appropriate style pre-formed line kits.

Answering the questions with your particulars:
1) 98 LS1/F-body
2) Yes
3) ??? (I’ll assume you do NOT have one as a typical owner since this is sort of a specialized tool) If you do, is it a good tool? We take the typical double flaring tool, modify it by tig-welding a bolt half-way down the flaring bar. This creates additional tension so that there is a less likelihood of the stock brake lines slipping through the flaring bar while flaring. Why is this necessary to flare the tubes? Though our kits come pre-formed, the stock lines do need cut to mate to our system, this means you need to flare a few tubes yourself to mate up to our lines. Certainly sending complete lines to the brakes would not be economical or feasible within reason.
4) No, but I’m unsure which to choose (see considerations below)

Answering the above questions for you narrows your choices down to either the 3 channel SJM-2ABSX1 for 199.99 or the SJM-2ABSX1H for 269.99 in either black or standard aluminum (X is denoted as 3 channels when ordering any of these kits). The choice now is really which line lock you prefer.

The Biondo style line lock is the best choice in my opinion, but we offer the Hurst style for others. They all work equally well. No discernable differences will exist between any. It is mainly an appearance difference. The SOLE reason why one kit is priced differently is due to the cost of the line lock solenoid.

Whew…that’s it. I hope this clears it up for you (and others who are confused). Too many choices can be confusing sometimes. We are trying to satisfy as many folks as possible…it also helps the folks who already own a line lock or flaring tool or both so they do not need to repurchase a component they already own.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks Steve! That helped alot! I have a 98, no TCS, dont have a flaring tool, and dont have a LL. So I need the SJM-2ABSX1H for 269.99 correct? Also you stated that they come in "black"? Got any pics of that? Is it just the solenoid or the ines too? Very interested.
Thanks.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:35 AM
FormerVendor

Good point on the black picture...I thought that was shown on the website, but it looks like it may have been deleted. The kits used to be listed separetly where there was 3x as many setups to view...it was streamlined.

The solenoid itself is black encased w/stainles steel housing. You can easily paint the biondo style (or actually you can polish the brass portion which looks very nice also). The choices really are up to you.

Though not an ABS delete kit, attached is one of our front mount line lock kits. The solenoid on the ABS delete kit solenoid mounts in almost the exact same location. (obviously no abs exists as well as there is a proportioning valve)

I saw this posted the other day so I figured it would be a good example of the line lock solenoid. This attached picture is the biondo style and the customer painted it black so it blends with the background. When I saw it, I thought it looked pretty nice and blended well.

The lines are not black.
Attached Thumbnails SJM ABS delete/ll kit GP??-sjm-2b001black.jpg