True street

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup mine is up always. Along with the rest of saftey stuff.

Tim
Old 09-11-2012, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new pb is a 9.08@142. second run of true street. Third run it blew a fuse in the msd box. Easy fix.

The next day in Index it spun a bearing. I will get it fixed before Indy. With some improvements in a few area's.

I had a great time other than those few problems..
Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Blue mustang hella fast and hella nice, as was the rest of the top cars.. I MAY have been a back-marker this year even with the t/a. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the laps knowing what everyone was thinking and the strategy at play.

From what I have seen in the past the officials will make a call and note legality infractions and let the competitor finish racing his 3 rounds and or give the competitor an opportunity to correct the infraction before the next pass... like put on your gloves / neck brace on, put up your net or something easy.

Why they didn't tell any or all of the ones who needed to be told at the time of the call (during racing) I don't know and that's pretty lame. First year i think they pulled an rx7 out of line for running too fast for his roll bar (after his second pass i think)

All that being said, I had my window net (for example) installed and up in my street car for every one of my t/s passes. I also had a muffer /gloves/ neck brace, right size tires blah blah.. Why? cuz its in the rules that I know we all read WELL before showing up and teching in.

I did read the last minute update from holley saying they were going to 'relax' the rules to improve participation..IMO bad move on their part to make a grey area like that, especially after seeing it immediately bite them back.

Was sorry to see drama unfold (well heard about it next day), definitely hard to keep a street car nice and pass tech.. but rules is rules. Hell I renewed my ihra cert for this race $60, bought a blow down tube, and fitting for $45 that nobody even asked me about (not to mention was a rush to get the car titled, registered, and inspected cuz i just bought it out of state) just in case i could run, which I didn't... I remember one year at the shootout I spent $350 bux on site to buy a brand new helmet, gloves and new 5pt harness not because I didn't have one, but because they were both just out of date.

If you don't want to get caught, the easiest way to avoid is by not doing anything wrong.

I definitely think its unsportsmanlike to confront any other competitor with your issues. Take it to the tower, they are in charge.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The officials at the tower did not handle things like they should have. Why dq the 1st place finisher when tje 2nd and 3rd place finishers also broke the same rule. Either dq all of them or let it be.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackz28x07
The officials at the tower did not handle things like they should have. Why dq the 1st place finisher when tje 2nd and 3rd place finishers also broke the same rule. Either dq all of them or let it be.
they did not know that at the time...after being shown the video and pics they let him have the prize/title back.

Sounds fair enough to me...hell, they could have dq'd them all if they wanted to
Old 09-11-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

certainly.. whatever they choose weather it be tight to rules or loose should be same across the board

like i said grey area to pick and choose which rules are more important than others etc. easier to hold everyone to all of them.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Just for Lolz in the picture of the orange Camaro in the results you can tell he's launching and doesn't a window net up. Fail. For future reference whoever complained, next time make sure the rest of the class followed the rule you're bitching about. Dumbass.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by buick_lsx
they did not know that at the time...after being shown the video and pics they let him have the prize/title back.

Sounds fair enough to me...hell, they could have dq'd them all if they wanted to
He actually let the guy who was runner up keep the money as that was not a concern for him. All he wanted was the recognition he deserved.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I wonder who complained, we know it wasn't 2nd or 3rd. What was the point of whining about it if you weren't going to gain anything?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:20 PM
10 Second Club

It was not me.

I ended up 5th fastest with a 9.96 avg. It popped a fuse on that last pass and coasted to a 11.50 killing my avg a bit.
I lost 10.0 at the shoot out last year to a guy who was going a lot faster and broke on his last pass and beat me with a 10.04 to my 10.06 avg. lol.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

from what i gathered it was all previously in the works by the officials. that's why i say it was crummy they didnt give anyone the heads up that it was gonna be complicated

i know it seems a rare occurrence but every once in a while (as wth the rx7 i mentioned) it officials do poke their noses around the cars like they are SUPPOSED TO.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

What are the official rules? or were can I find them? I would have been kicked off the track after my 1st pass I'm sure.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Hey guys, had a great time in my 3800 pound Red Thirdgen Firebird.

Ended up laying down an 8.85 @ 154 before spinning on the next two passes with two 9.2s @ 153 with a 9.1 average.

One of my friends sent me this pic online...pretty cool.

Great to meet and chat with so many people after the race. I guess it looks slower than it is...

Justin May
Attached Thumbnails True street-part_1347209831429.jpeg  
Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I wonder who complained, we know it wasn't 2nd or 3rd. What was the point of whining about it if you weren't going to gain anything?
That is exactly right... I would not not protest someone when i was guilty of the same infraction. I was a little too hasty in the runs and didnt bother with the window net (shame on me..wont do that again)
To set it straight The officials gave me the runner-up which I was more than happy with..I was loading up my trailer when they called me back to the tower to inform me the mustang (Anthony) was DQ'ed. When I asked why they said "there were some things wrong with it" and would not elaborate. They said I was the winner.
Anthony came to my trailer afterwards and informed me that he was Dq'ed for not using his window net,but that they warned him a few times to put it up, which he didnt. we talked about it and since myself and others did not use their net, either dq everyone or let it stand. I said I feel he was the rightful winner and had no problem with runner up and would tell the Holley director the same thing.
I talked with the director of Holley on Monday and we agreed to set it right, with Anthony being the overall winner and I receive runner up, which is the way it was. So the point is .. I believe the officials just had a problem with Anthony's disregard for him not using his window net when he was warned... kind of like arguing with a cop when you get pulled over... theyre gonna show you whos in charge...lol...
I do have some concerns about the tech procedure... hopefully they look closer and make people aware of any infractions BEFORE the race to avoid any problems in the future...Do we even know if there was an ls engine in that mustang? .....Just joking Anthony..Great job you set the bar higher ..Hope to see you at the next race and I'll buy all the beer
Old 09-11-2012, 01:11 PM

I happened to be watching from right by the tower and overheard the tech guys arguing over no parachute or window net on the ‘turbo fox body’ and the lack of mufflers as stated in the rules…

Had a great time watching the LSX cars run in all the events. Everyone seemed really cool.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Another thing, one of the starters at the line when Anthony was up to run called up to the tower saying Anthony's net was down and asked what he should do. The tower replied with let him run. Why not stop him then. I'm just ranting now, either way euroman your car is beautiful and runs great.

Edit: I'm not trying to take anything away or talk down about anybody. I had a great time at LSfest and there were a lot of great cars there
Old 09-11-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

hey justin, on the ride home we passed a third gen camaro... yep busted drivers front fender just like i said! cool pic too!

tech at the lsfest has been a joke and under staffed 3/3 years. at least at the shootout they have true street specific tech tho the wait is still long.

if they would look at and write down who has what and how fast can they go in tech like they are supposed to, there wouldn't be much to argue about.

see not putting up the window net when you are told to.. naughty naughty yea that will **** off an official im surprised he didn't get parked honestly. at my local track they will wave you right off. like i said grey area is not where you want to put yourself if you can at all avoid it.

this **** sure is exciting tho! spicing up true street i love it!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackz28x07
Another thing, one of the starters at the line when Anthony was up to run called up to the tower saying Anthony's net was down and asked what he should do. The tower replied with let him run. Why not stop him then. I'm just ranting now, either way euroman your car is beautiful and runs great.

Edit: I'm not trying to take anything away or talk down about anybody. I had a great time at LSfest and there were a lot of great cars there
I agree ...and thats why Anthony was right in his case
thanks for the comps
Old 09-11-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Also http://www.holley.com/data/Pages/LSF...et%20Rules.pdf
Old 09-11-2012, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for posting that David. Everyone needs to get there stuff right before the shootout. They will bust you in Indy for sure. So do yourself a favor and be prepared for the next one.

Quick Reply: True street