2017 Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chased
thats an awesome setup!!! I would paint it matte black and leave it alone
That is what we are going to do after we get EVERYTHING else done, LOL.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any updates on the suggestions John?
Old 08-31-2017, 12:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

Grudge racing is in the calendar for 2017.

Folks have been encouraged to try to create mini grudge classes. The one that has the best traction and will happen in some form will be the stick shift / banger class. There has been vigorous discussion of this on FB. Lonnie Grim is aware of the interest and there will be discussion over the next couple of days regarding how it gets scheduled over a few days since there could be a few rounds of racing needed.

Had been some FB discussion about adding a Truck shootout and it's gone quiet. There was also chatter about a 1/8th mile 28 tire n/t shootout, has gone quiet but given some of the guys showing up I could still see a quick 8 deal happen.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Grudge racing is in the calendar for 2017.

Folks have been encouraged to try to create mini grudge classes. The one that has the best traction and will happen in some form will be the stick shift / banger class. There has been vigorous discussion of this on FB. Lonnie Grim is aware of the interest and there will be discussion over the next couple of days regarding how it gets scheduled over a few days since there could be a few rounds of racing needed.

Had been some FB discussion about adding a Truck shootout and it's gone quiet. There was also chatter about a 1/8th mile 28 tire n/t shootout, has gone quiet but given some of the guys showing up I could still see a quick 8 deal happen.
Thanks John. The n/t 28" shootout sounds cool. See ya there.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:33 PM
10 Second Club

Well, from the looks of the stands, I'd say the burnout contest was a HIT!

And then some extended forehead type in a Chevelle tried doing a 1/4 mile burn out down the drag strip and came within a couple feet of wadding it up at about the 1/8 mile while I was in the water box about ready to start my pass. It could have made for another 30 minute down time, but luckily he got it stopped before he completely backed it into the wall. I hope the track officials whacked his peepee for him.

On another note, Thanks John for bringing our suggestions of this thread to the "committee". It was another great event all around.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

I sent some suggestions already for next year, and glad to pass on more.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:41 AM
10 Second Club

Porta pots to the big end. lol. Better speakers and more at the big end. Very hard to hear the class calls down there. Thanks John.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:49 AM
10 Second Club

Need some photographers, taking and selling action shots from the strip. NMCA, SUPER CHEVY, always had folks at the starting line, taking action shots. There booth was always packed with folks buying pics, posters of there cars.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by zssman
Porta pots to the big end. lol. Better speakers and more at the big end. Very hard to hear the class calls down there. Thanks John.
Agree, Agree, and Agree. The radio broadcast sucked. We were pitted about 50 yards from the time shack and all we could pick up on their broadcast channel was religious music,
Old 09-22-2017, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John, if you wouldn't mind, please pass this along to the powers that be:

I wouldn't mind seeing some changes made to how True Street is ran next year. My suggestion would be to have a staff member film all the cars leaving on the cruise, have someone film them again at some mid-point along the way, and then film them again upon return to the facility. I don't think its necessary to verify that every single car running in the class went on the cruise, but at least use it to verify that each index winner was out there before declaring them the winner.

It would also be a good idea to tech the winning cars to make sure they actually met all the class rules. I know it's a lot of time and effort to go over each and every True Street entry with a fine tooth comb to be sure they meet the class rules/requirements. But at least the apparent winners of each index should be looked at and verified to be a legal car before being named the class winner. If the winning car for a given index has something like say, fender exit exhaust that was prohibited in the class rules, maybe DQ that car and give the win to the next closest average. Drivers should be responsible for making sure their car fits the rules of the class they enter.

Just my thoughts.

Quick Reply: 2017 Suggestions