2017 Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 01:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Default 2017 Suggestions

2016 was a ton o' fun, now let's look forward to 2017 as well as the newly added LS Fest West event in May in Las Vegas!

Okay, any suggestions guys?

I will try hard to get Grudge Night added during LS Fest. A lot of you guys told me this weekend you'd be into it.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts

Drifting earlier in the day. Also they need to put up signs where the handicap parking is. I made the mistake of parking in the handicap area not knowing and some douche bag keyed the **** out of the door on my new to me truck. Not sure but got a idea it was someone parked next to me in a rusted out red mid 90's z71. Had I caught the worm I'd still be ufc'n his ***.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 day pit pass 75 $ ughhhh.....shouldn't be that much to race,much less just to park there.heard from several that raced for $ 125 for 1 day that was none to happy. mother nature once again rained out a great day. setting in the parking lot trying to leave for an hour was ridiculous but if no rain and everyone trying to leave at the same time it prolly wouldn't have been an issue.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:30 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Okay I'll check over the prices and mention that.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:57 AM
Teching In

It would be nice to be able to purchase a pass for Friday's Test n Tune only.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts

Not really about the event itself, but it sure would be nice if someone would post up the qualifying and elimination ladders...

Bummed I missed it this year. See you fools next year.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We got screwed first round of rumble. We declared our index on the third round of time runs, as per rules and Lonnie, with a letter L designation on the windows. Lonnie said the tower would be looking to lock these in. So first round Sunday, my Dad, thinking he was running on an 11.25 index, rolls in and I saw a 15.00 up on the board. I frantically tried to stop it but dad rolled into stage and the auto start went. He launched and the other guy, knowing he should have left first just sat there for 3 seconds before the starter made him go. My dad saw the 15.00 at about 800' and never saw the other guy so he hit the brakes and still broke out by over 3 seconds. I went straight to the tower and the ladies were like "you never declared your index" "go talk to Lonnie". He wouldn't do anything about it even tho it was from his mouth that all we had to do was put our letter on the window or just write 11.25. Overall it was an awesome weekend and everyone was super cool. Lonnie apologized and said he would make sure it was done differently next year. But you better believe, I will be visiting the tower personally to make sure they have it right.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Hey John! I am sure you were there this past weekend, i guess we just missed crossing paths.
Suggestion! They need another entrance into the track! LoL!!!!!!! I know that probably want happen but on the flip side, we were pitted in the grass for the first time since LS Fest Started. What would be nice if the track would put in some asphalt strips out in the grass areas like Atlanta has. Would help getting in and out from your pit spot. Some places had dips off the return road to the grass area and when you have a low slung car it can cause some bad issues.

Thanks
DeWayne
Old 09-13-2016, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Hey Pete! Where were you? Sorry you had to miss it! Had a great time though. There were 54 to 59 cars registered in Street King and we had 141 in Rumble. I was sort of bummed out a little had to bring the Vette because the camaro broke at Norwalk oh well! See you next year!

DeWayne
Old 09-15-2016, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lgndryhr
It would be nice to be able to purchase a pass for Friday's Test n Tune only.
I would have liked to see this. I have no need to index race, but I would still like a chance to go make passes without worrying about running a set time.

One irritating thing about Beech Bend is the line of traffic getting in because they have their "security" people stop every single car and make them sign waivers. They need to come up with a more efficient way of doing this. I'm in my car coming to race after I already signed all that **** the day before, but I have to wait in a long *** line of cars so everyone can sign god damn waivers. Why?
Old 09-15-2016, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by elkydragger
We got screwed first round of rumble. We declared our index on the third round of time runs, as per rules and Lonnie, with a letter L designation on the windows. Lonnie said the tower would be looking to lock these in. So first round Sunday, my Dad, thinking he was running on an 11.25 index, rolls in and I saw a 15.00 up on the board. I frantically tried to stop it but dad rolled into stage and the auto start went. He launched and the other guy, knowing he should have left first just sat there for 3 seconds before the starter made him go. My dad saw the 15.00 at about 800' and never saw the other guy so he hit the brakes and still broke out by over 3 seconds. I went straight to the tower and the ladies were like "you never declared your index" "go talk to Lonnie". He wouldn't do anything about it even tho it was from his mouth that all we had to do was put our letter on the window or just write 11.25. Overall it was an awesome weekend and everyone was super cool. Lonnie apologized and said he would make sure it was done differently next year. But you better believe, I will be visiting the tower personally to make sure they have it right.
were you pitted next to us? we were in the green Vega,, and My buddy fell out of the truck..lol
Old 09-15-2016, 05:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Move the event 1-2 weeks later to aid in scheduling around other big races.

They really need to look at the issues with racers/participants and then spectators getting in and out of the facility.

Friday late or evening test session for people not interested in running rumble. This may allow better time use of the dragstrip and let TJ have a better chance to keep up on the surface. Friday testing for the heads up cars is usually worthless due to the surface.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts

Waybad the Vega looked good. Seems it ran pretty stout as well. What kind of e.t.'s were you putting down?
Old 09-16-2016, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ssvert99

They really need to look at the issues with racers/participants and then spectators getting in and out of the facility.

Friday late or evening test session for people not interested in running rumble. This may allow better time use of the dragstrip and let TJ have a better chance to keep up on the surface. Friday testing for the heads up cars is usually worthless due to the surface.
I agree. Theres other big events going on this same week and i always miss this. Maybe a week or 2 in the either direction would be great
Old 09-16-2016, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Representing the other side of the event, maybe leave the car show to popular vote or get judges that actually understand what they're looking at. Give the volunteer judging staff from Autozone the weekend off.....
Old 09-16-2016, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SStressin
I agree. Theres other big events going on this same week and i always miss this. Maybe a week or 2 in the either direction would be great
We actually had CamaroFest scheduled at Vegas on those dates. We backed out and Holley jumped right in there.

Going to be a hot SOB in Vegas. Night racing would be great.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssvert99

Gonna be tough to move as NMCA has moved the LSX shootout and finals at indy to the end of September for 2017.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by elkydragger
There were a ton of cars with 15.00 index in rumble including me. What really pissed me off was we followed Lonnies instructions and then got the shaft. The rain on Saturday night screwed it all up. They could have done what Derek Putnam used to do at the lsx shootout. Before the last qualifier he would go down the isle and get everyones index squared away, just do it before the first round was run.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

John, do you have any details on lsfest west? I wonder if the autox should be moved to the ncm track. That might give more room to the drag race people and help the traffic coming and going? This was the first year i didnt bring my car down, but i still had a blast.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011grandsport
Hey Pete! Where were you? Sorry you had to miss it! Had a great time though. There were 54 to 59 cars registered in Street King and we had 141 in Rumble. I was sort of bummed out a little had to bring the Vette because the camaro broke at Norwalk oh well! See you next year!

DeWayne
Split my diff open testing at Atco the week before. Blah.

Working on figuring out a plan for next season!

Will you be at PRI?

Quick Reply: 2017 Suggestions