Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

Power Tour 2011, who's in?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LS1-450.....i totally see your point but really its more about traveling from state to state with fellow car enthusiast.
this was my first power tour and the car show was all the same at every stop.
making plans for next year...long hauling.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I think I saw that happen in my rear view mirror. We were at the same hotel as you in Indy, the ones that got you to light em up and started the burnout contest lol. I shoulda stole your hood when I had the chance haha. Hope insurance works out good for you!

Had a blast on the tour, burnouts at all the hotels, racing in mexico on our way to Indy(beat a SRT8 Challenger with long tubes and full exhaust/ intake/ programmer, and a newer GTO that put down 370whp), we got a cop to handcuff one of the guys in our group for pictures, got a cop to try and do a burn out.... great time!! Going next year for sure!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Problem?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mumbles
The wife and I are home from Power Tour early. Had a great time (except for the freakin' heat!), until yesterday.

Traveling from Indy to Muskegon, we were passing through the small town of Lakeville, IN. A kid in a 98 Camry going the opposite direction on the 4 lane, side swiped a car, spun out of control into on-coming traffic and guess who he hit. Yeah, us. No one was hurt, although my wife is pretty sore today and bruised from the seat belt and airbag, but the car you see in my signature is probably totaled. I have a couple pics that I'll try to get posted later.

Power Tour was awesome, but yesterday was not a good day for us.

Here are the two pics I have of my car at the scene of the accident.

Attachment 300517

Attachment 300518

I also want to give a very big "Thank You!" to my fellow Power Tour members who stopped to help with the accident. Thank you to the gentleman who let my wife sit in your Corvette so she could compose herself, before the ambulance arrived. Thank you to the gentlemen who directed traffic around my disabled car. And thank you to the gentleman who gave the police his statement as to what he saw as he witnessed the entire accident unfold. All of you guys are awesome and I want you to know you have my deepest appreciation for what you did. Again, THANK YOU!!

Dang, I am sorry to hear that, Lakeville is where I grew up and I still live near there.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Problem?

Originally Posted by s346k
ya, that car is a beast. beautiful car, to boot. i want those wheels.
Pics that I took of said car.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Problem?

I didn't take a lot of pictures because it was so hot out. But here are the ones I did get.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gocartone
Damn, I think I saw that happen in my rear view mirror. We were at the same hotel as you in Indy, the ones that got you to light em up and started the burnout contest lol. I shoulda stole your hood when I had the chance haha. Hope insurance works out good for you!
Originally Posted by Dr Tran
Dang, I am sorry to hear that, Lakeville is where I grew up and I still live near there.
Thanks guys.

I am very concerned how this situation is planning to be handled by State Farm (the At-Fault Driver's Ins. Co.), although I've heard they're very good. The word "Totaled" has been thrown around about a thousand times in the past couple days and I'm already tired of hearing it. I see no reason why I should have to settle for anything less than having my vehicle restored to the condition it was in prior to the accident and am preparing myself to fight for that if I must.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mumbles,
Glad to hear that you are both ok, that is a bad deal! We were in that town when the fire & rescue went tearing out there & then heard it was someone on the tour.

As far as the insurance claim goes, if it is past the total loss threashold, they will not pay to fix it. You may be able to owner retain it & come out ok on the settlement. Start getting your comparable vehicles rounded up, you will need some ammo when settling the claim.

Good luck!
Jason
Old 06-11-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mumbles, i saw your car on the rollback and kept thinking wtf? a mustang went off the road up near south bend...

the rain was terrible.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by s346k
mumbles, i saw your car on the rollback and kept thinking wtf? a mustang went off the road up near south bend...

the rain was terrible.
I think I seen that mustang, was it blue and stopped way up the bank off the road? If so that isn't the first time that car had been wrecked as the other side of it had a red door and fender.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

It was the Mustang that I watched crash, not Mumbles. Any one have pictures of that? Looked violent in my rear view mirror.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Regular

I didn't get hit by any of the tire, but I was behind the chevelle as he was sliding off in the grass William in the white camaro has a piece smack his from bumper pretty good could have been alot worse those south Africans that were running with us were kinda crazy lol gotta chance to talk with them before we left today there pretty cool.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a link to all my Pictures from the Power Tour. They are in reverse chronological order...

http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ8QQtppZZ24

Goddamnit! This was way too much fun to end like it did!
Old 06-13-2011, 12:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Here's a link to all my Pictures from the Power Tour. They are in reverse chronological order...

http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ8QQtppZZ24

Goddamnit! This was way too much fun to end like it did!
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but at least you walked away from it, that's what matters.

I didn't make it this year, only the 2nd time in 15 or so years. When I started this thread last year I had every intention of going, but maybe next year.

Did they announce where it's starting or ending next year?
Old 06-13-2011, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Unstang
Mumbles,
Glad to hear that you are both ok, that is a bad deal! We were in that town when the fire & rescue went tearing out there & then heard it was someone on the tour.

As far as the insurance claim goes, if it is past the total loss threashold, they will not pay to fix it. You may be able to owner retain it & come out ok on the settlement. Start getting your comparable vehicles rounded up, you will need some ammo when settling the claim.

Good luck!
Jason
Thanks Unstang. Believe me, the clip loaded.

I kinda feel bad for whoever they send to look at the car because they are going to get an ear-full from both myself and my wife.

Its not like we're talking about a ******* Honda Civic or a Dodge Caravan.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Problem?

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but at least you walked away from it, that's what matters.

I didn't make it this year, only the 2nd time in 15 or so years. When I started this thread last year I had every intention of going, but maybe next year.

Did they announce where it's starting or ending next year?
Next year is Detroit to Dallas.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Power Tour was a blast. i got some pics i'll post up on here later this week after i get them converted to jpeg.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya we saw the driver's side of the stang with mismatched panels. **** happens, sucks it had to tag so many on the tour.

i plan on taking the ta next year, i really don't know how i'd feel if it got totaled. i don't know that i'd be upset, knowing i could buy it back and swap that drivetrain into something different...and much lighter, would make all well as long as no one got hurt.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wish the tour could be in The Spring or early Fall; the heat is hard to stand.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes ...bit to HOOOOOOOOT to injoy the show all day.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Power Tour 2011: Got back on Saturday at midnight- just now getting the pics and videos uploaded. The tour started in Cocoa Beach FL and ended in Detroit MI.

Overall it was a good time - except Georgia and Alabama where hot as *****, and well we weren't at the venue very long. Ended up going back to the hotel and swimming/drinking.... lol. Ended up driving about 3,600 miles, consumed around 104 beers, and went thru 15 states.

Highlights of the trip.... Before the trip started - went up to Mt Mitchell, NC. Its the highest peak on the eastern seaboard, and its about 2 hrs from Charlotte. Alabama and Georgia have crap freeways - lets say big bumps don't agree with my car... more on that later. Michigan actually had decent interstate - but the local roads where terrible. Ended up staying in 4 hotels... not bad for an 8 day road trip. Spent the rest with friends and family. We stopped at the Jim Beam distillery in Kentucky - lets say the tasting of 128 proof whiskey when its 95* outside is not recommended - it burned all the way down, lol. We also stopped at the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit - unfortunately there car display is in pieces and currently being rebuilt, but they had an awesome Civil War display with tons of documents on loan from the National Archives - learned some stories about the Civil War and spent nearly 2 hrs in that display alone. Also the end of the Power Tour was the best. We went to the GM Proving Grounds in Milford, and on the way out got to hit some of the test courses. There was a huge straightaway that I got up to 125 mph on, and there was a bit of a road course as well. It really was a great way to end the trip.

GM Proving Grounds vid:
[youtube]CrBw9bamjJ0[/youtube]
The straight-a-way is about 8 mins in - Road course is about 15 mins in. I think the GoPro has a lot better sound - its not whistling anymore. I googled out some ways to solve that, and swapping out the water proof case for the one with holes in it made it sound 70% better.

Pictures:
I took 874 pictures link is below:
http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/n...011/?start=all

Quick Reply: Power Tour 2011, who's in?