Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new girl

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new girl

Well I am not new to owning a 95 firebird, Actually I have 2 questions that maybe someone out there could answer for me.

1. I have a mysterious leak.. I have been told i have no leak. but when i drive when it is raining the floorboard behind the driverside fills up with water. I took the bucket seat out of the back to find a massive amount of water, with this much water you would think you would be able to tell where it is coming in at. i took it to a glass Dr. place and they put a hose on it and said he could not determine the leak. however lends me to my next question.

2. My car is missing the little 2 inch peice of v shape molding on the glass of the hatch back. Took my car to the local GMC pontiac dealership, let the bodyshop, parts and service department look at it and they tell me that they cannot order me a new peice because they cannot find it and they do knoe the exact name for it. So if anyone knows what i am talking about, please!!!!any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

can you take some pics?
Old 01-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Teching In

sit in the car while someone sprays suspected locations of the leak with the garden hose
Old 01-14-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doe's the car have t-top's ?It sound's like it is leaking from the back window and like the last guy said sit in the back and let someone spray a high pressure hose around the window but it also could be leaking threw the floor and coming in.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

got a buddy that just moved out to greer - works @ the honeywell out there. i have nothing to add to the discussion other than that. and i agree with fmaz.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about the rubber trim at the bottom front corner of the rear window? That should be easy to find.
Is there any rust in the wheel well or hatch area? MY DD does the same thing and it comes from a rusted spot in the wheel well.

Oh and welcome to the site!!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:19 PM

I have used the garden hose, nothing. I will check the for rust in the wheel well, but i do not think so, I just had it on the rack for a transmission leak, and mentioned that i was having a leak and they told me to take it to the Glass Dr place because it was probbably coming from the t-tops. There was no rust then but i will double check.

The rubber that i am speaking of is around the glass of the hatchback but I have know idea how or what i should order because knowone that i have talked knows what the little piece is so that it can be ordered.

i will get pictures up soon.
I forgot to mention that the leak also sometimes ends up in the trunck area where you would store that t-tops when you take them off. i would love to get a hold of an old catalog that breaks all the pieces of the car down, but i have been searching online and I guess i do not have the right words because I cannot find anything to help me.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like the hatch could be miss-aligned. Has the car ever been wrecked? Another suggestion would be to take it through a car wash and sit in the back seat (probably with towel in hand) and keep an eye out for water coming in. The high pressure water coming from different angles may help your search.

I'm sure the pictures will help though. Best of luck, and welcome to the site.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Try the below links:

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/f...ain2.asp?cat=G

http://www.classicindustries.com/pdf/F_SEC_F.pdf
page 12 on above

http://www.youngsfbody.com/9302weatherstripping

Scott