Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from Hampton Roads VA

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Hampton Roads VA

Hi All,

New guy here, names Jamie, currently swapping a GEN III into my 78 Vette, heard about you guys through the Vette forum and so far have learned a lot just lurking around. Take Care.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats up man, that sounds like a badass swap, when i get back from afganistan ill wanna meet ya and check out that sweet conversion. Im in newport news, grew up in va beach, dad retired out of norfolk in 87 as on officer. Was in the corps, stationed overseas and japan now in the evil army stationed in newport news. When i lived in hampton, i had a sick crew i used to run with to track days and car shows like jenro's in Va beach and bass pro in hampton, which by the way u should check out, saterdays, around noon in jenro's and when the sun goes down at the bass pro, same day. Pm me, def need a new crew, military friends move away. Good luck and wantin updates on that build!!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Welcome to the area.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:26 PM
10 Second Club

Hi tidewater guys. I'm new here also. Been reading the LS1TECH forums for some time for the straight info on ls motors. We have some great info here and i'm most impressed that we have one of the best ls shops right here in Va beach. VIRGINIA SPEED! Having a 1000hp motor built by them as we speak for my 2010 camaro. YEEEE HAAAA!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:33 PM
11 Second Club

All these people in Tidewater, Welcome.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:27 PM
12 Second Club

Welcome to the area, been here lil over a year myself, and hang around with this guy also ^^^, hope to see ya around some and check out that swap. Just FYI, there is a car show happening at Quaker Steak and Lube this Sat, so come out and check it out, Ill be there. FYI for ya gyrene, Basspro has been killed , but I think jenros is still going strong, and us penn guys now gather at the Hardees in NPN off jefferson for Sat night gathers. Can you guess what killed BP? Stay safe in afganistan, Im on my way there next year
Old 08-06-2010, 10:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im gonna say, Rice was the death of BP? I had heard rumors about that when i returned from Iraq, but i was so busy then i fuggin re-deployed to afgan, i never could check if it was true. Too bad too, causa whe i lived in hampton, it was litterally a 5 min drive, and i didnt even have to get on mercury blvd to get thier, just took the back roads from my house. I do like jenro's though, man i used to have quite a crew back in 07 that rolled with me, kyle, 9 second green TA, Kong with his sick black TA, My buddies mustang gt, a few Mach 1s always rolled, we had like 2 Z06 guys, and then whoever else wanted to cruise from jenro's back towards my house at BP, always made for a bitchin cruise. Anyway, when i come home, i wanna get together, maybe slap my new bigs and littles on and hit the tack, i need new times anyway, never got to go after cam install!! Stay in touch fellas, Hampton roads is gettin hot again!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. Where better to be than good ol Hampton Roads.