Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

2009 Pontiac G8 GXP M6

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO_Greg
Ricer:

"...Ricer - Any person who adds tasteless modifications to a perfectly normal automobile. ..."

Edit: Summerwolf kinda beat me to it. Thought you were gonna step back from this one? Trainwrecks are tough to ignore, aren't they?
I had to see.....can't look away....lol. I have like 15 minutes til I'm off work, so......yeah.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
We all have mothers, evidently you missed that part when they taught you that in school.
Well, in this case, I'm thinking his awesomeness caused him to just spontaneously be spawned right from the earth itself. Or perhaps from gold, or platinum, or perhaps unobtainium, because as he so proudly exclaimed "My aura of awsomeenity is beyond measure"...
Old 01-24-2011, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
You're wrong.

Ricer refers to unneccesary, pointless, or otherwise rediculous modification to a vehicle. IE: Big spoilers on cars that will never use downforce, tow hooks on cars that will never see a road courses safety regulations.

Trying to make your car something it is not also falls into this, IE: V6 mustang with cobra emblems, G8 GXP with Commodore SS-V emblems, etc.
You're the one who's wrong. Ricer was a term started by Harley riders referring to the bikes made in Japan. And when the Japanese started selling cars here the we started calling them ricers too. He doesn't have a big spoiler or stickers or fart can mufflers or a body kit, which are things the rice car owners put on their cars, so how is his car rice?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Teching In

OK Mr. Non-Ricer.

Since you can in a round about way justify the multitude of badges on your car, how about justifying your Wortec sitckers?

According to http://www.wortec.co.uk/usa/g8.html they are a specialty UK tuner. None of their products listed are in your mod list. So...do you have any Wortec items on your car or are you a ricer with just a tuner sticker on your car?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, in this case, I'm thinking his awesomeness caused him to just spontaneously be spawned right from the earth itself. Or perhaps from gold, or platinum, or perhaps unobtainium, because as he so proudly exclaimed "My aura of awsomeenity is beyond measure"...
You're talking out your *** dude. Now move along since you have no clue what you're talking about!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Redhotg8.. When did I say that his car has to look stock? I said HIS car looks like **** because of the badges he chose to purchase.. Never did I say it had to look stock.. And they already beat me to it but RICE does not mean a car from japan u moron.. I bet ur one of those people that automatically assumes that all imports are slow and rice and bla bla bla..and talk highly of ur g8.. Don't get me wrong.. It's a nice car.. I wouldn't mind having one... But you're just a moron
Old 01-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Wow, oh it hurts.. You referenced my Mother Shame on you.

Or not. You and your buddy here are surely doing the G8 crowd a great justice by showing us what the owners bring to the table. Thanks for sharing douchebag!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

You're the one who's wrong. Ricer was a term started by Harley riders referring to the bikes made in Japan. And when the Japanese started selling cars here the we started calling them ricers too. He doesn't have a big spoiler or stickers or fart can mufflers or a body kit, which are things the rice car owners put on their cars, so how is his car rice?
The term ricer came with the big import craze of the late eighties early nineties from anything I've tracked down. Look up "ricer" on urban dictionary.

The use of improper badging AKA trying to be something you're not in this case is the textbook definition of being a ricer.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Wow I didn't read the comments before mine.. So someone already explained to u what rice was and u still don't understand.. No he doesn't have big wings or body kit.. But that's not all stupid... Badging a car something it's not is a bit rice. Just like u with ur wortec sticker..
Old 01-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Teching In

I believe the original Harley term was 'rice-burner', but won't split hairs with ya.

Ricer (from Urban Dictionary):

"A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
..."

I don't think it's a matter of ricer or not, it was the spew of hatred that came out when people didn't like the things he did with his car. But, you know, haters just gonna hate, or whatever the hell kids these days say...
Old 01-24-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

You said his badges and wheels have to go, so that will make his car look stock. You guys don't even know what's spewing out of your mouths, except for a bunch of crap that makes no sense at all.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
The term ricer came with the big import craze of the late eighties early nineties from anything I've tracked down. Look up "ricer" on urban dictionary.

The use of improper badging AKA trying to be something you're not in this case is the textbook definition of being a ricer.
+ 1 million!!!.. Dude, that makes him a wannabe! Lol
Old 01-24-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 0352Goat
Wow, oh it hurts.. You referenced my Mother Shame on you.

Or not. You and your buddy here are surely doing the G8 crowd a great justice by showing us what the owners bring to the table. Thanks for sharing douchebag!
It seems to me you guys are in the wrong here, ripping on his car and taunting him like a bunch of children.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Teching In

You're talking out your *** dude. Now move along since you have no clue what you're talking about!
Well, now there is a well thought out, intelligent reply. Kudos to you!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Teching In

It seems to me you guys are in the wrong here, ripping on his car and taunting him like a bunch of children.
You did read this whole thread, didn't you? Especially the vitriol that came spewing from Moonpie's piehole? I think he brought some if not most of this on himself.

I think I agree w/ Scoolmoo, obvious troll is too obvious...
Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think it's a matter of ricer or not, it was the spew of hatred that came out when people didn't like the things he did with his car. But, you know, haters just gonna hate, or whatever the hell kids these days say...
The hatred was started by everyone here that didn't like the things he did to his car, not by Moon for trying to defend himself from all the haters.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Teching In

The hatred was started by everyone here that didn't like the things he did to his car, not by Moon for trying to defend himself from all the haters.
Well, they do say the best defense is a good offense, and he was certainly offensive. Not too mention extremely amusing...oh, and awesome, too!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, now there is a well thought out, intelligent reply. Kudos to you!
It sure is a whole lot better than your spontaneous creation remark! lol
Old 01-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Teching In

It sure is a whole lot better than you're spontaneous combustion remark! lol
First of all, "you're" is a contraction of "you are". I believe you meant "your".

Second, it wasn't combustion - that implies something blowing up. I was trying to say he wasn't born, he just appeared from the vast nothingness that is life here on earth when you don't have his car, due to his vastly superior awesomeness.

But, tell you what, I'll agree to disagree with you. Have a nice day!

Edit: oops, my apologies, you seemed to have realized these things and made corrections to your post. Good day, sir.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think I agree w/ Scoolmoo, obvious troll is too obvious...
You have 0 posts and you're calling him a troll? It's seems you're the biggest troll here. All you're doing is causing trouble, so move along like I told you earlier.

Quick Reply: 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP M6