Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New girl with an LS1 who prefers a car with balls : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here you go SS hood comes stock on my 35th.check out Slp.suncoast creation,and rk motorsport or the classified ads Im sure thiers more for the ss hood.good luck.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by groundZ-28ERO
Gmmg is the only way too go if want ***** coming out of your exhaust
... What do you think about Magnaflow?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 35th SS

here you go SS hood comes stock on my 35th.check out Slp.suncoast creation,and rk motorsport or the classified ads Im sure thiers more for the ss hood.good luck.
HOLY SS... I'm in love!!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00LS1CHICK
There good. I went with kook true duals pricey but well worth rhe craftsman ship and sound!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Magnaflow is even quieter than Flowmaster. If you want loud, get LT headers with an ORY and add a cutout or completely delete the muffler from your current system. Then add a cam, raise compression, get heads with bigger valves, and increase displacement. The car will then be extremely loud. If you still want it louder, you can go with true duals dumped at the axle with something like dynomax race bullets, Flowmaster 10-series mufflers, or simply no mufflers at all. At this point, the car should be loud enough to rattle your interior loose.

If that still isn't loud enough, consider running open LT headers with some extension pipes to keep the O2 sensors away from fresh air, and raise compression further (to about 13:1) and also increase displacement further, possibily with an aftermarket block.

If that's STILL not loud enough, remove your carpet and all interior padding and panels.

If that doesn't do it, then you probably need hearing aids.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Magnaflow is even quieter than Flowmaster. If you want loud, get LT headers with an ORY and add a cutout or completely delete the muffler from your current system. Then add a cam, raise compression, get heads with bigger valves, and increase displacement. The car will then be extremely loud. If you still want it louder, you can go with true duals dumped at the axle with something like dynomax race bullets, Flowmaster 10-series mufflers, or simply no mufflers at all. At this point, the car should be loud enough to rattle your interior loose.

If that still isn't loud enough, consider running open LT headers with some extension pipes to keep the O2 sensors away from fresh air, and raise compression further (to about 13:1) and also increase displacement further, possibily with an aftermarket block.

If that's STILL not loud enough, remove your carpet and all interior padding and panels.

LOL!!! I was dying reading this it kept going... If you STILL want louder... lol oh, I want it beast ; )
Old 03-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

But thanks a lot for the advice and info I will definitely look into it : )
Old 03-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Welcome, It's always nice to see a girl behind the wheel of a muscle car instead of just more dudes
Old 03-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by half/breed89lx
Welcome, It's always nice to see a girl behind the wheel of a muscle car instead of just more dudes
I like 1 UPing men in their own game... Cars and football and not in like a dominant way because I'd prefer the man to be the dominant one in the relationship. I just like surprising them lol... It's funny because they wouldn't think a girl would be into this stuff and especially knowing about this stuff...
Old 03-06-2012, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

HOLY SS... I'm in love!!

Thanks.fast enough.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Thanks.fast enough.
Do you have a start up of it? I wanna hear this beast
Old 03-06-2012, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

sorry no audio at this time gotta make one soon.my setup-long tubes goin to ory no cats to a cutout before the axle and turndown dump to the ground.if cutout is blocked goin to the muffler which is a hooker aerochamber.my cutout is open all the time for some light to light action.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Teching In

sorry no audio at this time gotta make one soon.my setup-long tubes goin to ory no cats to a cutout before the axle and turndown dump to the ground.if cutout is blocked goin to the muffler which is a hooker aerochamber.my cutout is open all the time for some light to light action.
Oh ok... Well when you do get a video of it. Post it and let me know. Would love to hear it.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

will do.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Hello everyone!

My name is Gina, I just bought a 2000 z28 Camaro with a b4c police package. My brother George told me to sign up he has a Z as well. I used to have a 95 v6 Camaro and I finally upgraded to this beast. I have a lot of things I want to get done to the car. This is just the beginning for me. Any comments or questions, please feel free.

-Gina : )
Hey Gina welcome to ls1tech! Good to know there's More girls like me.
I also have a 00' Z28, are you planning to add mods to your beast?!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JuiceeCamaro
Hey Gina welcome to ls1tech! Good to know there's More girls like me.
I also have a 00' Z28, are you planning to add mods to your beast?!
That would explain the i need a professional thread lol jk
Old 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

welcome clean car, its nice to see girls driving ls1's instead of imports or mustangs....wish there were some here in san antonio
Old 03-06-2012, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Autos are only faster against people who cannot drive a manual transmission... (I'm usually too blinded by the shift light to remember what I'm doing... ahhh something shiney) Seriously tho, I've seen plenty of autos get owned by sticks when the auto put down more power.
I agree with leaving it a hardtop, unless what you're into is cruising around and having people look at your hair waving in the breeze, hardtop is better for the track.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by diablo-Z
welcome clean car, its nice to see girls driving ls1's instead of imports or mustangs....wish there were some here in san antonio
Lets all welcome the clean car, say welcome clean car!!! LOL!! Sorry, J/K...I had too!!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Magnaflows alright, not really loud enough for me. And I mean loud in a good way, not blatty loud. Lt,s cat delete and gmmg does me well, car absolutely screams at wot, and has a really nice tone in the lower rpms. I had magnaflow on my formula, but that was the only exhaust mod it had, my buddies got magnaflow lt's cat delete, it sounds ok but blatty under low rpm, vary loud.

Quick Reply: New girl with an LS1 who prefers a car with balls : )