Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LS1tech noob in San Antonio, TX!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS1tech noob in San Antonio, TX!

New to the site, not to cars/muscle cars!
I about to own my 18th vehicle, a 2000 WS6. Buying it from a friend who's PCS'd and it was mostly to help him out, but I've had the RWD/muscle car bug again for a while! Two birds, one stone

First car was a 1969 Pontiac LeMans Custom-S coupe and have owned all types since then including offroad rigs to muscle cars and street bikes.

Currently i have an 03 B3000 Dual sport for utility purposes, an 04 cavalier (5spd) that Ive built (was supposed to remain bone stock lol) and it is supercharged. I used to bash FWD 4bangers as I bought mine to get to work and back at 30mpg+ but man it is a different scene altogether! Its actually faster than most lightly modded/bolted V8's though it hasnt hit the track yet with a proper tune. Other than cams, meth, valve springs, and some aluminum CA's (all sitting in my garage, not installed yet), Im done with the cavalier build. Its my dd and will be at about 300fwhp once tuned. Tuning is the biggest issue with the 03-05 ecotecs...

The 2000 WS6 is black on black, 6spd, and has the Tick Performance lvl 3 transmission rebuild, stage 3 clutch, Pace Setter headers with full SLP Loudmouth exhaust (sound amazingly nasty!!). Intake (I think SLP) and a catch can, stock suspension and riding on AR TT2 M's (black spoke/polished lip) 275frnt, 315rear. i dont think much else has been done to it. The plan was for him to procharge it..but he bought a supercharged C5/Z06 instead and that thing is hell on wheels! So his TA became his dd... I got it for a steal of a price so Im getting back into the muscle car world. I have missed it so much and every ride ive seen on here so far is just awesome!

Kind of a long intro but yeah, thats how I roll. I type fast and a lot..so if you dont like to read dont follow my posts

Great site and i cant wait to get the ride and get some good pics! I've already been reading up quite a bit and Im really lookin forward to my weekend cruises in this beautiful car!

I take lots of pics too so those will soon follow of the WS6..heres a few of my current and past rides...

Current utility

Current dd

87 XJ

92 RS/Z28

94Z28 (the beast!)

02 Xterra
Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see you make it out to the Biffs meets. I don't go out there as much as I used to but I've probably seen your Blue Cav out there at least once.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Teching In

yeah its not what you'd consider a car show car..but its a dd sleeper to the bone (base model..steelies...mud flaps..etc)..i like having the underdog and surprising the hell out of ppl lol

Im hoping the fbody community here in SA has some good people that act more mature than some of the clubs ive known lately...what kinda car you sportin?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Oh and I just talked with my friend...he did install the Tick CMC that I already had my eyes on...and the stage 3 clutch is by Monster.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS6nTX
yeah its not what you'd consider a car show car..but its a dd sleeper to the bone (base model..steelies...mud flaps..etc)..i like having the underdog and surprising the hell out of ppl lol

Im hoping the fbody community here in SA has some good people that act more mature than some of the clubs ive known lately...what kinda car you sportin?

I drive a 2002 Camaro SS. But yeh, good luck finding a car club that doesn't have a ton of losers in it. It's pretty hard to come across a meaningful amount of car people that aren't foolishly ignorant about their "hobby" and don't try to always turn things into a dick-measuring competition.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Hey what's going on bro....I remember ur cav when I saw the pic... when I was reading ur post I had a good feeling it was u lol.....I'm with the red camaro u bought my throttle body a month or so

Welcome btw
Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MrBluGruv
I drive a 2002 Camaro SS. But yeh, good luck finding a car club that doesn't have a ton of losers in it. It's pretty hard to come across a meaningful amount of car people that aren't foolishly ignorant about their "hobby" and don't try to always turn things into a dick-measuring competition.
well lets just start off by saying, Im italian. That competition is over..now that we know where we all stand...

Originally Posted by diablo-Z
Hey what's going on bro....I remember ur cav when I saw the pic... when I was reading ur post I had a good feeling it was u lol.....I'm with the red camaro u bought my throttle body a month or so

Welcome btw
Hey man hows it goin?? small world. and yes I still have that tb. It was going on the cav but I ended up getting a vortec tb instead since it has the proper direction of the throttle cable arm. So Ive got an LS1 tb for sale if you want it

But MrBlu, in all seriousness...there are good people in every club..its just a few that ruin it. Ive got a few friends from a few different clubs that are more into hanging regardless the vehicle make/model. Mazdas, S2000s, lifted trucks, and even some fairly stock jbodies. there is actually a group I just joined that is just simply into cars..no one cares what you drive (i mean come on, i have a cavalier! lol).

Okay now that ive bored you all with a lot of text again..its time for bed. But good to see you again diablo, maybe Ill run into you soon! share some of your LS1 knowledge for helping me with some upgrades! You too MrBlu!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forums!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS6nTX
well lets just start off by saying, Im italian. That competition is over..now that we know where we all stand...

Hey man hows it goin?? small world. and yes I still have that tb. It was going on the cav but I ended up getting a vortec tb instead since it has the proper direction of the throttle cable arm. So Ive got an LS1 tb for sale if you want it

But MrBlu, in all seriousness...there are good people in every club..its just a few that ruin it. Ive got a few friends from a few different clubs that are more into hanging regardless the vehicle make/model. Mazdas, S2000s, lifted trucks, and even some fairly stock jbodies. there is actually a group I just joined that is just simply into cars..no one cares what you drive (i mean come on, i have a cavalier! lol).

Okay now that ive bored you all with a lot of text again..its time for bed. But good to see you again diablo, maybe Ill run into you soon! share some of your LS1 knowledge for helping me with some upgrades! You too MrBlu!

Hit me up anytime bro........so I can check out ur new ride
Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Welcome to the forums!
thank you sir!

Originally Posted by diablo-Z
Hit me up anytime bro........so I can check out ur new ride
definitely! I wanna check yours out too, wanna see what all you've done and get a few opinions from ya on my plans!

Quick Reply: LS1tech noob in San Antonio, TX!