Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Gwatney Performance Innovation

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 PM
GPI
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gwatney Performance Innovation

Hello everyone, my name is Ryan (rhino79 on here). Gwatney Performance Innovation is now a vendor and supporter of ls1tech.

I thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself and GPI to the forum.

We specialize in LSx performance, from full building and dyno/street tuning, basic bolt ons and tuning, you name it we do it. We also tune 94-96LT1's, 96-98 Vortec trucks, and everything late model that is supported by Efilive and HP Tuners.

I do most of the Camaro builds and all of the tuning on everything we build or tune, GM, Ford or Mopar.

Scott does our Vette work. He works on C3s to C6s (soon to be C7s) exclusively.

Tracy does all of our Ford work.

James is the service advisor, he does all the meet and greet as well as communicates with the customers before during and after the work has been performed.

Aaron is the Fixed Operations Director (the Boss) lol.
When you call us, you will talk to him most likely. Very knowledgable.

We are a Performance Divison of Gwatney Chevrolet in Jacksonville AR. As you can see we are a small group that obviously loves hot rodding, but we keep this group small because we are all factory trained guys that love what we do, have great attention to detail and we care about the product we put out. We will keep it that way for those reasons.

GPI has 6-8 lifts dedicated to performance work, along with a RWD chassis dyno setup.

My personal car is currently the fastest cam only 5th gen in the country and we build cars for guys to suite thier needs and desires, wheter that be all out, or just some cool, fun modern muscle.

Give us a call, email, or come see us. We are just outside of Little Rock, AR

501-985-4947
rhino@gogwatney.com
Old 02-11-2013, 12:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hello Ryan.... Congrats on the sponsorship. Looking forward to seeing some of your builds. Good luck here on Tech!!

Chris
Old 03-31-2013, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

I'm gong to have to stop by
Old 04-04-2013, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Stopped by today, nice facility!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad your here to Ryan!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:08 PM
GPI
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Thanks guys, we sure have been busy!
Old 02-17-2014, 01:46 AM

Default Request for help with your work

Hi Ryan,

Let me apologize in advance for probably telling you more than you want to know, but maybe you should have the background before I ask my question. I recently bought a 2011 Camaro SS (black, dealer changed the 21" wheels back to stock SS wheels, has your GPI logos on both sides on the rocker panels just ahead of the rear wheel wells). It has 1" lowering springs, Kooks long tubes, high flow cats, an Airraid CAI, the resonators are gone, and it definitely has an aftermarket cam. The dealer has been trying to contact someone at your company named Aaron. The car is very strong and a testament to the good work y'all are doing. The dealer gave me a dyno sheet from GPI that indicated 461 whp. I took it to Lone Star Dyno here in San Antonio and it consistently pulled 425 whp/388 ft/lbs (Dynojet, SAE correction). The AFR was fairly linear from idle to 6,250, averaging around 12.5, so it appears that the tune is pretty close. Besides possible differences in the dyno used and correction factor, it's possible the wheel/tire combination could have adversely impacted the numbers. Generally speaking, I'm very impressed with what y'all accomplished with the car. I bought a 2014 SS 1LE for my wife for Christmas, so I feel like I have a solid basis for comparison. Now for my question:
Can y'all tell me (based on VIN # and anything else you want to know) what y'all did for my car and advise me on whether or not I can evolve the car forward to a procharger with the current configuration of the car, e.g., the cam, injectors, etc.? Because I live in San Antonio, it may be a little tough to get it back to your shop. BTW, I was born in Memphis and my family all live in Memphis and Jackson. I've already told my little brother to look y'all up. I'd be grateful for any help you'd be willing to give me on this. I wish y'all blessings and success exceeding your most optimistic expectations.

Kind regards,

Memphis

Quick Reply: Gwatney Performance Innovation