Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Guess now is a good time

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 06:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Guess now is a good time

so back in the day (4-5 years ago) i was a member of LS1Tech since i owned a 93 Trans Am which i thought i knew what i was doing with (at 16) and gave up on the car, went euro, joined the navy and sold the GTI. That being said, my sea tour is almost over and ive already bought my next ride.

this is my 1995 Trans Am w/ 87k i picked up (literally speaking it was my dad since im still in japan for a few more weeks). My last bird was modified but this time around i decided to step up my own game and go a little crazier with this. Parts on order include the following which will be there and hopefully on the car within the first two weeks after finally getting back stateside

-Speed Engineering LT's
-Speed Engineering Electronic Cutout
-Pacesetter ORY
-COMP Cam (292/300, .584/.579 w/ supporting parts)
-DR's for the rear
-Trickflow elbow w/ Summit intake
-Sequential Tail lights

At this point the rest of anything i do to the car will be little cosmetic things here and there, and swapping out the interior (tan) to the ebony interior (leather, hate cloth).

Plans with this car, do a full front end conversion to a 98-02 T/A keep the 95 DYGM color and do a pretty close to fully built 6.0 swap w/ maybe a procharger, still not sure I've got plenty of time to decide.

Always enjoy reading up on the DIY's and seeing what people try so im sure you'll see me around the forum posting on things for a reference point in the future or for comparison and note swapping on things.

Look forward to working with some of you all here in my (what are sure to be a few) questions here and there! lol

-Dak
Hooyah NAVY!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Welcome! Thanks for your service!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why do headers and a cam on the LT if you've got plans for LS?

Nice car either way
Old 08-27-2014, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome!
Furthermore, thank you for protecting the freedom we all enjoy!

BTW, I would hold off on any engine modifications if you're already planning on doing a LS 6.0 swap.

IMO, if it'll be awhile, even after you return before you do the LS6.0 swap, then I would start with doing modifications that can remain on the car, like suspension, and a rear-end up grade. No point in spending the time and money building up a LT1 only to be pulling it out to sell later.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 08-27-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Welcome!
Furthermore, thank you for protecting the freedom we all enjoy!

BTW, I would hold off on any engine modifications if you're already planning on doing a LS 6.0 swap.

IMO, if it'll be awhile, even after you return before you do the LS6.0 swap, then I would start with doing modifications that can remain on the car, like suspension, and a rear-end up grade. No point in spending the time and money building up a LT1 only to be pulling it out to sell later.
Trust me i understand where youre coming from however here is my logic in it all (whether it makes sense or not)

Im doing all these mods to the LT motor because i actually dont have any intention of getting rid of it, later, and i mean WAY later ill be using that motor to do one of those old car new engine things and i think the LT will be a nice add to it, its not stupid powerful but it will have a little pep to its step. Plus i have this weird thing where i cant be driving around in a stock car, and since my last bird had a full exhaust i had to step it up a notch since i never got to on my last one..

Also on the suspension note, once i have the money for it i plan to buy a truck to use for misc. reasons including something to haul the bird back and forth with to the track incase i F-**** up, plus snow in MD is a PITA! That being said i dont wanna buy suspension pieces to put on a car that will still be seeing salt for the time being and degrade the suspension prematurely. When i can pull the car off the road entirely i plan to strip it down almost entirely, at which point ill be doing 2 things.

1. Restoring the car (fixing rust and cleaning the body up)
2. Alternating on the parts i buy for the car between go fast parts and suspension parts ("i bought my crank last time...next ill get my new K-member and blah blah...")

so there ya have it, those are my intentions on this car. I love going to meets if any of you all attend anything on the East coast so maybe ill see some of ya around!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah that makes sense, so disregard all my swap suggestions then.

BTW, I would suggest a set of 2 point weld-in SFC before you start driving it very much.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Yeah that makes sense, so disregard all my swap suggestions then.

BTW, I would suggest a set of 2 point weld-in SFC before you start driving it very much.
SFC? i feel like i should know what you're talking about but that acronym is unfamiliar to me
Old 08-28-2014, 02:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sub Frame Connectors
Old 08-28-2014, 03:28 AM
Teching In

ah, wow ive been out of the game a minute... but yea i was thinking about that actually cuz thats not super expensive where i wouldnt mind replacing it later on down the road

Quick Reply: Guess now is a good time