Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the LS family

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the LS family

Thanks for having me. New to the LS scene. It all started when I bought a '63 327 to drop in my '78 Camino, intended to be a fun daily driver but was soon swayed to the dark side. A friend talked me into an LS swap so I have sold the 327 and recently purchased a '02 4.8 (minus drive accessories) for $70. I've already changed my mind and plan on getting a junkyard engine with harness and trans for about $465. 4.8 or 5.3 doesn't really matter to me. Already purchased a bare ls6 intake to go on said engine and have been looking through swap necessities. I'm a married father of 3 and my budget is basically whatever I have at any given time so I plan on doing this on the cheeeaaapp, or at least cheap as possible. Still a lot of confusion here with all the ls1,2,3,6's and lq's and whatnot but that's why I'm here, to learn and maybe get a few good deals along the way. Fuel injection is pretty new to me also as I've only dealt with carbureted engines. Anyways, enough of this, thanks for having me, I've got research to do...

Quick Reply: New to the LS family