Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Kid

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Kid

Hello all,

long story short, I was looking for a stick sedan and ended up picking up an 07 CTSV at 47K miles and actually love the car. I’ve done small things like changing the alternator and plastic components on the interior, but currently struggling to figure out my clutch situation.

Roughly 3 months ago had the clutch, slave cylinder, throw out bearing changed and the flywheel resurfaced. Since then I’m once again getting shift lock and TOB rattle. I’m pretty inexperienced with working on cars, but being mechanically inclined and a lurker of this website for a few months, I’m optimistic in the chances of learning to work it myself and using this forum as a resource.

Im based out of VA Centreville if anyone out there is inviting people to meets and such.

Once again, greetings all!
Old 07-30-2019, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome! What kind of clutch did you put in? Are you getting locked out only while trying to shift at higher rpms (5000+)? The self adjusting pressure plate on stock style clutches are normally the issue because they do not release properly at high rpm, causing you to not be able to put it in the next gear until the rpms fall. An aftermarket clutch is normally the fix. Check out Diamond or monster, I have a diamond stage 2 clutch and love it.