Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Member 6.0 turbo Roadmaster Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member 6.0 turbo Roadmaster Wagon

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. I am in the process of building a 6.0 lq4 turbo for a 94 roadmaster wagon. Its my dads car, we started this project together a few years ago but it was but on hold due to some medical reasons. Well I want to get the project moving and finished so he can enjoy it and I decided to go LS ( its a LT-1). I was after a 5.3 but found an early all iron 6.0 complete. I picked up a set of 317 heads. I want to put some boost to it so the large combustion chambers of the 317 are perfect. My goal is a fun driver so low end torque is more important than horsepower at 6K. I was going to just re-ring the bottom end with larger ring gap, new seals and bearings but ive been considering forged rods an pistons just incase there is a slight oops tunning. Otherwise I'm thinking stock cam and a single turbo 7-10 psi. I have not made a final decision on the turbo yet. As for my background, ive been a GM and Mopar guy for many years. I have a 01 supercharged GTP and several 4 cylinder turbo mopars ( 91 Shadow convertible turbo, 84 Plymouth Voyager turbo stick and a 89 Caravan with a 2.4 twin cam turbo out of a 05 SRT-4 with a big turbo and forged bottom end. ) As you can see I like building oddball stuff but I love the challenge of building and fabricating since most of this stuff you cant just open up a catalog and order. I do all of my own work including paint and autobody. Only exception is machine work and upholstery. Ive built other odd stuff for friends like putting a 5.9 cummins in a 92 F150 shortbox reg cab 4x4, 351W in a ford explorer,... I am very early on in this LS build but its been something I have wanted to do for many years. I am looking for recommendations on turbo and injector sizes as I want something that will spool pretty quick since its a street car. As for tuning I am planning on HP tuners but I am looking for a combination that has been used so hopefully I can find a good base tune I can work with. I have tuned all of my 4 cylinders and as with anything I dont want to put some combination together that will become a nightmare to tune. Anyway I look forward to reading and chatting on this group.

Justin
Old 04-03-2022, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 467 Likes on 354 Posts

hell yeah man, welcome Justin!

Quick Reply: New Member 6.0 turbo Roadmaster Wagon