Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

After a long hiatus, I have returned!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After a long hiatus, I have returned!

I dont know if anyone here remembers me, this is my first post in a few years now. I also go by eviLS6 on zo6vette.com for those who frequent that board as well.

I ended up selling my 98 TA a few years back to rebuild my Hayabusa after I laid it down. I ended up doing the rebuild in my parking stall and after $5k in used parts it was back together. I swore off fast cars, I guess riding something that weighs under 500 lbs and is making 180 hp to the tire will do that to someone.

So I rode it for another year and after numerous stints of hitting 195 mph on half mile straights I decided to retire to something a little safer. So I traded my chrome framed, stretched, cammed, busa in for an electron blue 02 Z06. The car is great but not quite as quick as my TA was so I decided to go NA this time and recently splurged on some go fast goodies using this forum as an excellent source of knowledge.

Below is a list of my what I plan to throw at her when I get out of Afghanistan next year. Ill have all the parts waiting when I get back.

LG Longtubes $1795.
Patriot stage 2 LS6 64 cc chamber heads $1795.
SVO 30 lb/hr injectors $219.
Crane 1.85 ratio "gold" roller rockers, chromoly pushrods, poly-locks and guide plates $699.
LS1edit $450.

I thought that carputing needed the VIN off the car to send out a version of LS1edit but according to their print out form it doesnt indicate that,kinda difficult as I dont have access to my car right now. So did I forget anything? What kinda numbers do you think It will put down with a good tune? Im guesstimating around 420...This things gonna sound downright nasty with the ORP's on and the loudmouth, no cats and no mufflers...
Old 08-23-2004, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

I would say add a cam while you're at it, since you're going to be changing out the heads why not do a cam at the same time. Other that, i'd say everything else looks great.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Yeah I definetely want a cam, but Im doing the labor myself and I dont feel like removing the radiator on the vette to do a cam. Thats not the whole reason though, Ill be living in Kalifornia soon and I want this thing to pass at least the sniffer portion of their stringent emissions testing there. I know there are testing facilities that will look the other way concerning the longtubes, but they wont let it slide if it doesnt pass the sniffer test. With a good lopey cam even with good tuning that will be hard. I also dont feel like changing out the valve springs every 10k miles or so. And Id like to have my cake and eat it too, I get damn near 30mph on the freeway as it is stock, an agressive cam may hurt the mileage.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Importdestroyer
Yeah I definetely want a cam, but Im doing the labor myself and I dont feel like removing the radiator on the vette to do a cam. Thats not the whole reason though, Ill be living in Kalifornia soon and I want this thing to pass at least the sniffer portion of their stringent emissions testing there. I know there are testing facilities that will look the other way concerning the longtubes, but they wont let it slide if it doesnt pass the sniffer test. With a good lopey cam even with good tuning that will be hard. I also dont feel like changing out the valve springs every 10k miles or so. And Id like to have my cake and eat it too, I get damn near 30mph on the freeway as it is stock, an agressive cam may hurt the mileage.
And it all makes sense now!!
Old 08-23-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Keep up the hard work Soldier... thank you.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

I'd spend a few more $$$ on the AFR 205's vs the PP. And maybe a slightly cheaper set of LT's. JMTC's...
Old 08-23-2004, 11:04 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Jammer
Keep up the hard work Soldier... thank you.
Come back safe! And welcome home to LS1TECH!
Old 08-24-2004, 07:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MJSLude99
And it all makes sense now!!
Yeah thats 30 mpg not mph, and another good reason is a cam would put me around 450 rwhp which would probably mean the axe for the stock ZO6 clutch. I think 400-430rwhp is the threshold on street tires. I may be burning it pretty bad with the Nitto 555 R2's Ill be running. A clutch swap is a whole nother adventure in itself, Its a little different than an f body swap. Something I dont wanna do unless I really have to, maybe Ill just pay someone....Thanks for the warm welcome back!

http://www.zo6vette.com/forums/showt...ghlight=clutch
Old 08-24-2004, 09:27 AM
STF Veteran

Congrats on your Z06 and your mods. Good luck over there and becareful.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome back. Your list sounds good. Does loudmouth get that raspy tone after LT's and ORYP on a Vette like it does on a f-body?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
Welcome back. Your list sounds good. Does loudmouth get that raspy tone after LT's and ORYP on a Vette like it does on a f-body?
Not sure about the rasp,the vette has an H pipe stock and an x pipe is included along with the longtubes that eliminate some of the rasp. Rasp doesnt bother me anyways.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:34 AM
On The Tree

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2004, 05:58 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

who said you cant have your cake and eat it too. there are alot of cams that will net you great hp and still pass the sniffer here properly tune. the z06 clutch reliability will depend on what you plan to do with the car. just basic daily driving it should be fine, if you plan for 6k clutch dumps then it'd be advisable to swap in something beefier. also forget about edit, look into HPtuner, not only are they a sponsor but there product is not vin locked like edit and it comes with a data logger/scanner.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

What's up HP? Good to see you around. Gove us a call at Fastech if we can assist! I retired from the USAF effective July 1st, and now live in the Dallas area.