Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

For the Hater's here invading my site:

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

247.7WHP is pretty damn cool for N/A 4 cyl. some turbos don't even touch that. My best friend is going to buy a new civic soon. He doens't know a lot about cars. I'm trying to figure out how I can help him make it fast. Suggestions? Because 5hp for a $300 intake seems rediculous to me.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:16 PM
12 Second Club

That's a hella fast accord u have there, great job on gettin it there. I do hate it when people who aren't fans of a car or company come to a site and talk **** about that car or company, GMI for example. I don't mind a fast import, as long as it doesn't look rice. But when i pass a civic, with a huge wing, a fartcan, 2 inches of the ground, and the driver revs the engine and gives me dirty looks, like his car's gonna stomp mine, well that get's on my nerves. If they wanna line up and have a go, then fine, but don't act like a freakin jackass.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Can I please have the last 5 minutes of my life back?
Old 03-24-2005, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by black_ws6
Can I please have the last 5 minutes of my life back?

you also did not have to click on this thread..

keep posts like this to yourself. and 12.7's in your cam car is scorching fast
Old 03-24-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice Accord! I think that car is cool! I've owned 4 Honda's. My latest one is a 96 Civic EX. I once had an 86 CRX Si that ran low 15's.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice car and awesome times NA!!!! Let me be the first truck member to welcome you to the board that helps me spend every penny I make!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

They may have come from Tech but more than likely from one of the other LS1 sites. Usually people here complain about that stupid **** not partake in it. I like to think this is a professional site dedicated to helping people out, answering questions, and just posting up **** for each other to enjoy. I drive an LS1 my buddy an import. I love both worlds, I just hate the people that talk big **** and really know nothing and have nothing more than an exhaust then exagerate their gains! If they did come from this site I apologize on the behalf of those of us who just enjoy cars!

Nice Accord by the way
Old 03-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by technical
Is that your site...www.modified.com?
Too many boobies, NWS for me.
Im sorry but I couldnt help what you said.....to many boobies? wow I guess.... I dont think there could be too many boobies for me...but I guess were all different... oh well...and as for the honda beating the z06 I believe it....I beat alot of cars that no one believed until I showed them the video....I remember this mid-low 12sec civic hatchback beat a viper... 4 TIMES!!! in a row....anyways I dont hate on any car...goodluck with your car in the future..
-Mark
Old 03-26-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hepcatws6
Tuner/ Import cars just aren't my thing. I may joke around about them, but if thats what you are into, go for it. Everyone has different tastes.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm definately not a "rice" guy, but as far as I can see you don't have a million stickers, a 3 foot tall wing, heavy *** 22" wheels or lowered so far that you'd never get a good launch. With the bogarts and your times it looks like you've got the car set-up for one thing, to be fast, which is not rice. And as for you taking down a Z06 on the street, I've seen stock Z06's run as slow as 13.2 and definately have a 60' times slower than 1.7's, so it is more than possible. Nice times keep up the good work.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

You got a kick *** car in my opinion. My first car was a '90 honda accord and now I got a 96 Accord. Mine is bagged on 19s so I guess I am a "ricer" but its too bad you are getting jackasses trolling your site.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I like the slow-stock cars that are quick personally... I.e- V8 pinto's, LS Vtec Integra/hatch's, stock looking 6 cyl. 94 camaro with a built turbo + juice. Stuff like that is hella fun to romp on people with. I tried to make my camaro 'stock' sounding but the cam kinda threw that away.... but the plates still said SSTOCKK!
Old 03-26-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Yea it sucks when people are ignorant bastards and talk ****. Not everyone wants to mod an F-body but some people who own them just dont understand that. I usually hang out with 7 guys, 2 have Evo 8's, 1 has an STI, 2 have 02 Z28's, 1 has a 90 mustang GT, 1 has a 94 mustang GT, and I have my 98 z28 and its fun having people around with imports as well as domestics. We let each other drive our cars and even though im not an import person (being that im 6'8 and can barely fit in one) it is a whole lot of fun driving them. We also take them out on the street/highway and make videos of our races but no matter who wins its always a good time. Like everyone else has said its the guys who buy imports and slap on giant wings that serve no purpose and coffee can sized exhausts and think they run 10's that **** people off. Obviously you are not one of these people and you have a very nice and fast accord so even though they are being dicks just ignore them because they are gnorant and probably dont even have a car period. BTW what mods do you have to the accord and does it run on pump gas?
Old 03-27-2005, 01:27 AM
On The Tree

Default welcome

welcome
Old 03-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Teching In

I am suprised and pleased with all the comments made so far. I was hoping this site would be cool and so far it is. Thankyou for all the nice comments and words of support. It seems the trolling has stopped on the other site for now...

As far as my set-up is concerned, I am still running pump gas on 12/1 compression. The engine is bored and stroked, a mild set of cams, ported head, a custom header, modified intake manifold, and basic fuel uppgrades. I run a programmable ECU for tuning.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Hey man i totally feel what you are saying.. i run low 14's in my accord, stock h22, with a CEL in limp mode and ive modded it alot since then so im prob in the high 13's but im tired of the honda realm.. thats why my car is for sale & im shopping around for an ls1, but for what its worth, suprising cars in my accord is always fun... they see my exhaust and rev on me... like new 350z's or new wrx's they think they are hot stuff till i spank em hard.. my accord was fun, but its time to upgrade to some serious power. Congrats on your accord... that is awesome!
Old 03-27-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thats a quick accord. My friend has a 96 civic hatch with a B16a swap and he runs mid 12s. He running on full weight with a couple of basic boltons. Some people just don't understand that those cars can haul ***. I have respect for them because I have seen what they can do first hand. Keep it up.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NavySS
247.7WHP is pretty damn cool for N/A 4 cyl. some turbos don't even touch that. My best friend is going to buy a new civic soon. He doens't know a lot about cars. I'm trying to figure out how I can help him make it fast. Suggestions? Because 5hp for a $300 intake seems rediculous to me.
I just saw this, and I figured I might as well help out where I can

Your friend is buying a NEW Civic? As in 05? If that's the case, I personally would suggest getting something older. The newer Civics have potential, but less aftermarket support (and much more computer-controlled crap). I would go for a 1995 Civic hatchback. They can be had for about $3000 in good shape. $550 for a mount kit from Hasport, $2000 tops for a well assembled LS/VTEC motor (the non-VTEC block of the Integra LS and the VTEC head of the Integra GSR). Then your friend could do an NA build, or go turbo. The LS/VTEC in the 92-95 Civic is one of the most popular and potent combinations. For what you get, you really can't beat the cost either! A properly built and boosted LS/VTEC could make a daily driver that is competition for some of the daily drivers on this board!

And yes, $300 for 5hp IS insane. I spent $200 on my AEM cold air intake... While I'm sure it gives gains, I could've gotten away with a $30 pipe from ebay, missed out on the extra 2hp, and spent that extra $170 on something that added MORE than 2hp $170 would've more than paid for my new ECU and everything needed to chip it.

Last edited by deevergote; 03-28-2005 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deevergote
I just saw this, and I figured I might as well help out where I can

Your friend is buying a NEW Civic? As in 05? If that's the case, I personally would suggest getting something older. The newer Civics have potential, but less aftermarket support (and much more computer-controlled crap). I would go for a 1995 Civic hatchback. They can be had for about $3000 in good shape. $550 for a mount kit from Hasport, $2000 tops for a well assembled LS/VTEC motor (the non-VTEC block of the Integra LS and the VTEC head of the Integra GSR). Then your friend could do an NA build, or go turbo. The LS/VTEC in the 92-95 Civic is one of the most popular and potent combinations. For what you get, you really can't beat the cost either! A properly built and boosted LS/VTEC could make a daily driver that is competition for some of the daily drivers on this board!

And yes, $300 for 5hp IS insane. I spent $200 on my AEM cold air intake... While I'm sure it gives gains, I could've gotten away with a $30 pipe from ebay, missed out on the extra 2hp, and spent that extra $170 on something that added MORE than 2hp $170 would've more than paid for my new ECU and everything needed to chip it.
Yeah he's probably going to get an '05 civic or accord. He just has a thing about buying a used car. Like it's going be all messed up, like he says "Yeah, but I don't know what people have done to it". He just wants a new car, and for that price range you really can't get anything that's Japanese and quick (he hates American cars). He says he doesn't care about power... but I think later on he'll want some. For his price range he'd be better off buying a used SRT-4. You try to help people sometimes, but they just ignore you
Old 03-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Welcome!! VERY impressive times with your car!
Old 03-28-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NavySS
Yeah he's probably going to get an '05 civic or accord. He just has a thing about buying a used car. Like it's going be all messed up, like he says "Yeah, but I don't know what people have done to it". He just wants a new car, and for that price range you really can't get anything that's Japanese and quick (he hates American cars). He says he doesn't care about power... but I think later on he'll want some. For his price range he'd be better off buying a used SRT-4. You try to help people sometimes, but they just ignore you
Can we overnight those parts from Japan?

LOL welcome man.