Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

another race girl! (newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
hmmm... the problem you may run into is that in the spring/summer, the prices on these cars can rise dramatically. if possible (hard to resist summer, I know) I would wait until it gets to be fall/winter-ish and purchase the car from somewhere in the north. But that's a lot of work. Once you move to FL, just post up some of the deals you find, plenty of people round here can tell you what is and is not a decent price. Also check out the Kelly Blue Book and NADA book for mileage related value.

Brad
i'm not getting a car from here bc theres so much rust. i'm going to moce to Fla. then buy a car. and ppl could help me there right? bc i really dont know anything about cars yet as you can see.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

. I have a pic of myself but its on my computer. How do I show it from my file??? Cant do copy/paste doesn’t work wow I feel retarted.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Emal it to countryboy@tampabay.rr.com and Ill host it
Old 05-10-2005, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Emal it to countryboy@tampabay.rr.com and Ill host it
lol good idea, but i'll have to do that later bc i'm at school now lol
aww.. and you'd do that for me??? lol
Old 05-10-2005, 12:21 PM

Anything for a lady As long as you are 18... LOL
Old 05-10-2005, 12:24 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by xlove2loveux
i'm not getting a car from here bc theres so much rust. i'm going to moce to Fla. then buy a car. and ppl could help me there right? bc i really dont know anything about cars yet as you can see.
rust should not be inherent to all cars in MI. If you find an owner who has taken care of the car, or even just take someone along with you to make visual inspections before the purchase if you go the route of a dealer, you should be good to go. Also to be honest, being that the majority of the surface area of these cars is fiberglass, there aren't too many things that should be rusted just yet.

also, what motivated you to pick a Camaro as your next (first?) car? Just curious.

Brad
Old 05-10-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know why but im getting a sort of feeling this person should not have a car this fast... maybe start out with a V6 first
Old 05-10-2005, 01:05 PM
CT Hotness

i agree with camaroz. if you know nothing about the car at all a v6 should probably be your first, i started off with 2 v6 fbods before i got my trans am... the first unfortunately kissed a tree cause i was driving it like an as*, and that was a v6.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lilstephsls1
i agree with camaroz. if you know nothing about the car at all a v6 should probably be your first, i started off with 2 v6 fbods before i got my trans am... the first unfortunately kissed a tree cause i was driving it like an as*, and that was a v6.
Alot of the people here started out with V6's before the V8
Old 05-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Camaroz
And some people started with two V4's.

But they were both Chevy's!
Old 05-10-2005, 01:19 PM
CT Hotness

my 2nd v6 camaro is still my daily driver
Old 05-10-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

if u can handle it, then go for it, just dont let road rage get the best of u, or this car WILL get away from u. sometimes it seems to have a mind of its own when it gets pissed
Old 05-11-2005, 02:32 AM
TECH Addict

just get a v8 and just get used to the power slowly and work your way up.good luck and have fun driving it.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:21 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

hi and welcome
Old 05-11-2005, 04:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The level of condisending is incredible....

She should start out with a V6 because she does not know alot about 4th gen f-bodys? Or is it because thats what YOU started with?

The first car i learned to drive, was my uncle's tri 5... 450 hp with a muncie 4, and a clutch you had to dam near kick to get pushed in...
Just because a person does not know everything there is to know about a car they have never owned, does not mean that they are stupid enough to drive it like they stole it then wrap it around a tree...
Everyday we answer newbie questions... but we do it because they are the same questions most of you had when you started....

I find it hard to believe that there are so many advising her to waiste her money on a car that she will outgrow in 6 months and regret not purchasing the v8 when she had the money to do so...

To the original poster....
Get the V8.
Respect the fact that the car has the rear wheel torque to turn the tires into pillers of smoke and very quickly a cool burnout can turn into a nasty wreck if your not careful..
Respect the fact that in stock form this car will propel you to 155+ mph, and at that speed you will most likely not walk away from a wreck.
Respect the fact that every little punk in a rice rocket will want to race you... know, you are faster, you dont have to prove it....
Respect the fact that there is no such thing as a safe street race(i dont care what DOM told you)

as with all things in life.... learn to walk before you run... learn to drive it before you race it.... and you will be fine.....

normally i dont post on female newbie welcome posts , not because i am sexist, but because it quickly turns into 5 pages of guys trying to impress and show off... and of course there are all the leg humpers....

the very best thing you can do, is for the next week, to 2 weeks, just READ, RESEARCH, and PAY ATTENTION... there is more knowlage in this site then any i have seen on one subject... The LS1....
most any question that you can think to ask at this point, has at some point or another been asked.... you will find the answer to most all of them with a simple use of the search function... use it often....
Read ALL the stickey posts... they are stickeys for a reason... they alone will have enough info to keep you busy for a while.... and when you are done you will know more about the car you want to buy then most people know about the cars they have owned for 2-3 years....

Welcome to ls1tech... The best ls1 site on the web
Old 05-11-2005, 07:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
rust should not be inherent to all cars in MI. If you find an owner who has taken care of the car, or even just take someone along with you to make visual inspections before the purchase if you go the route of a dealer, you should be good to go. Also to be honest, being that the majority of the surface area of these cars is fiberglass, there aren't too many things that should be rusted just yet.

also, what motivated you to pick a Camaro as your next (first?) car? Just curious.

Brad
my mom has a 98 camaro and love how it drives and looks. lol
but i'm kinda lookin at speed.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lilstephsls1
damn that sux
Old 05-11-2005, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

i just like the SS but i think i like the z28 better. trust me i'm not a crazy driver, unless i no i can handle the car, and even then i'm a careful driver. not once did i crash any car yet. (knock on wood) lol
Old 05-11-2005, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thePOWERofals1
if u can handle it, then go for it, just dont let road rage get the best of u, or this car WILL get away from u. sometimes it seems to have a mind of its own when it gets pissed
really? do u think that a car could drive itself? lol jp
Old 05-11-2005, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 35th SS
just get a v8 and just get used to the power slowly and work your way up.good luck and have fun driving it.
dont worry i will. thanx