Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Stolen 2002 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang man, I'm really sorry to hear about about this. I hope you get it back.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Really sorry to hear that bad news. I had one of my vehicles broken into a few years back and I could not get over the rage I felt just thinking that some dipshit had the nerve to do it. I too believe thieves are pieces of ****. You know, one of these days I'd really like to read a thread about a guy who found the thieves responsible for stealing his stuff and justice was served.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

when the dodge viper first came out, a local dealer had one and some guy broke in at night and stole it, got in a police chase, wrecked the car and died. hate to sound like a saddist but i would hope that were to happen to anyone who would steal my ride. i wouldn't want it back and i wouldn't want them to see another day.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm really sorry to hear about about this. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

i hate people we should all get in our f-bods and cruise the nation and then have hangin when we catch whoever di it. We could post pics
Old 11-03-2006, 03:21 AM
On The Tree

Sons of bitches. I'd be so pissed right now if I were you. Do you have comprehensive coverage? We'd all like to know that you're not completely assed out.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:26 AM
On The Tree

If mine ever gets stolen, I'll probably be upset for awhile but there are plenty of SS's around and I might would even get the car I wanted in the first place (a Trans Am WS6) instead next time. Remember for everything negative that happens there is a positive right around the corner.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear this bro. Wish you the best of luck getting back your car and the ones who jacked it get thier asses kicked.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:12 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
EnGlIsH cLaSs WoUlD rEaLly BeNeFiT yOu In YoUr WrItInG SkIlLz AlL oF yOuR tYpInG iS hArD tO rEaD gRaNtEd Im NoT an EnGlIsH pRofFesSoR YoU kNoW wHaT i MeAn NoT tRyInG tO bE aN *** YeS i Am JuSt PlEaSe CoMmuNiCaTe BetTer ThAtd Be GrEaT oK SeE yA

HOLY ****!

Old 11-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Thanks again guys for all your thoughts and keeping a look out.
To make my car a little more unique to spot, it has a hardtop, red superman sticker and an SLP center mount exhaust.

No word from the police yet, I doubt they will find it... atleast all in one piece. I have been working with my insurance company and lucky most of the performance places I have ordered my parts from still have my records so I will not be completely lost out. Most of the time I normally have a camera watching my car, but when I moved to these Apt's there was no way I could mount one.
I have been posting fliers and asking everyone in my apt complex if they saw anything. I know someone had to of seen something. I have also scoped out all of the surrounding businesses for cameras that point to the road. Found a few that should be good, but I can get my hands on the tape unless the police ask for it.

I may not find the guy(s) now or even a year from now, but I will find them... and when I get through with them they wont even look at stealing a 5 cent piece of gum.

Its just sad, to think that one of my greatest loves is gone...
Old 11-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Launching!

Every time I look at your sig I just
Old 11-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I wouldn't count on ever seeing it again. Mine was stolen on July 10th from Baton Rouge out of my gated/lighted/security camera'ed condo complex. I even have it on video. It literally took the guy 30 seconds from the time he got to the car to when he was driving it off. I am pretty sure he had a key cut for it.
I had a 2002 black SS with some mods too. I haven't heard anything from the police, but I have a new car now. Basically the cops could care less about it and you better hope your insurance covers what you did to it. I gave my insurance all of my receipts for everything and they just gave me what they thought it did to raise the value of the car. Right now I have a pretty nice alarm system and I am working on a RFID-based immobilizer system for my new car.
If I can offer any advice to anyone in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area, cover up your vin numbers, maybe even change out the ignition to a different one. Also, get a good alarm. These guys are professionals, and if you have the stock alarm, its just that much easier for them.
Sorry to hear the bad news, but everything is crazy around here right now. I know what you have been through, so if you have any questions just PM me.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Oh yeah, heres what my car looked like:

Old 11-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Thats so messed up! I would murder somebody if i caught them stealing my car. Your car sounds like it was unique and although i live a few hours from you i'll keep on the lookout for this car. I really hope you find it or at least the people who stole it.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02BlackOnBlackSS
Right now I have a pretty nice alarm system and I am working on a RFID-based immobilizer system for my new car.
I've got an easy solution. I've done this on friends cars. Hidden switch for the fuel pump. I've hidden microswitches in the cigarette lighter, when you push it in it latches and powers a relay that feeds 12V to the fuel pump. If you have a failure of the switch you could jump it out. Just a thought for you...

Sorry to hear about your car man. Even if you get it back unharmed, it will never feel the same.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

That sucks man , Good luck. If I see ur car (which I doubt I will) I will very badly injure whoever stole it and give you a holla so you can get it back.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

sorry for your loss
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02BlackOnBlackSS
Oh yeah, heres what my car looked like:

Damn man, that sucks ***. Atleast I am not alone with this. I would feel even more disguested if I saw it on film. Your car looked awsome, so sorry to hear that it suffered the same fate as mine...
Old 11-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Adam_346
That sucks man , Good luck. If I see ur car (which I doubt I will) I will very badly injure whoever stole it and give you a holla so you can get it back.
Thanks Adam, just leave some for me, I would punish his *** so badly it would make the Devil proud!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:48 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
I was more or less talking about his cluster **** of a sentence/paragraph. Hard to tell when one thought ended / began.

Do you really think it was done on purpose? Comments like that are not needed.

Quick Reply: Stolen 2002 Camaro SS