Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Stolen 2002 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havent beena ble to afford any mods for my car yet since I have tuition to pay. But one of my first mods will be a good alarm. No good reason not to have one. I dont care how good your area is. Unless you park the car behind a fence with a hungry pitbull in the yard you need one if you love your car.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Launching!

It doesnt matter how good your alarm is if they want they will get it. I learned that one the hard way. I normally pulled the ignition chip from under the hood, but that night I just got lazy and didnt feel like going through the trouble of running upstairs to get my keys, removing my car cover, pulling the chip out and putting everything back. Sorry you to have tuition to pay, i did that for 4.5 years too, but you know what... your car could be stolen tonight! Then what will you have to say?
its easy to be on the other side of the fence, and say what if this and what if that when your not the one who has to go through it.

I spent the last 4 years of every spare moment of my life on that car, and to have some little punk kid like you try and tell me what I should and shouldnt have done just pisses me off! Who the hell made you the expert on car protection? Let me know how that career works out for ya...

To everyone else, thank you guys for all the support and keeping on the look out. I know how you guys feel about your rides and I appreciate everything you guys have done for me.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Geez man, sucks that you got your car stolen, but Y2K Z28 is right. Take it easy on him, not like he flamed you about not having an alarm. I just had my garage broken into about a week ago, and they stole about 2k bux worth of air tools, and ****. They even made out with onna the spare trannies! But when it really comes down to it, like you said Nakoz, if they want it they WILL get it. The punks that broke into our shop busted a hole thru our back wall and used shopping carts! Front door never unlocked, overhead door was still locked, didn't even break a window. Crazy **** happens, but remember were all in support of ya gettin whats yours...and them some if ya know what I mean.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nakoz
It doesnt matter how good your alarm is if they want they will get it. I learned that one the hard way. I normally pulled the ignition chip from under the hood, but that night I just got lazy and didnt feel like going through the trouble of running upstairs to get my keys, removing my car cover, pulling the chip out and putting everything back. Sorry you to have tuition to pay, i did that for 4.5 years too, but you know what... your car could be stolen tonight! Then what will you have to say?
its easy to be on the other side of the fence, and say what if this and what if that when your not the one who has to go through it.

I spent the last 4 years of every spare moment of my life on that car, and to have some little punk kid like you try and tell me what I should and shouldnt have done just pisses me off! Who the hell made you the expert on car protection? Let me know how that career works out for ya...

To everyone else, thank you guys for all the support and keeping on the look out. I know how you guys feel about your rides and I appreciate everything you guys have done for me.
The idea of adding alarms is to make the car hard enough to steal that they will not bother trying. I'm no expert on car security but i'm just curious as why such a nice car had no alarm? Sure pulling the chip is a smart idea but what if someone just vandalized your car? I'm not a punk kid. I'm a kid that worked his *** off to get his car and cares very much about it.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Y2K Z28
I havent beena ble to afford any mods for my car yet since I have tuition to pay. But one of my first mods will be a good alarm. No good reason not to have one. I dont care how good your area is. Unless you park the car behind a fence with a hungry pitbull in the yard you need one if you love your car.
Alarms are great, but if a thief really wants your car they will get it. Ive had $600+ alarms on my cars and they still have been vandalized and had **** stolen from them. Granted I was lucky that none of my cars were ever stolen, an alarm doesnt mean your car is 100% safe and does little to protect against vandalism.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Alarms are great, but if a thief really wants your car they will get it. Ive had $600+ alarms on my cars and they still have been vandalized and had **** stolen from them. Granted I was lucky that none of my cars were ever stolen, an alarm doesnt mean your car is 100% safe and does little to protect against vandalism.
Did you read my post above? If you did you'd have seen that I said the idea behind an alarm is to make the car more difficult to steal so the theif wont bother trying. A car with an alarm on it in a residential area represents a huge risk to a car theif especially if he doesnt know about the alarm beforehand. In a parking lot I can say if your alarm sounds no one will look, but if it sounds while the car is in your driveway everyone will look it will wake you up or alert you to the theif and he will most likely run.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

For anybody who is listening, I live in the midwest, and for what it is worth, put a business card or something over your VIN number. People up here, according to the police, have been using that number to get the resistor keys for these vehicles. It is also possible to do that with our F Bodies. Just a little food for thought.... I had my Impala SS stolen, and this is probably how the got it. No glass or anything, no tow marks from the tires, nothing.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:55 PM
10 Second Club

uhh.....chicago as well? if so i'll just take the ******* vin plate off

Originally Posted by quik 99SS
For anybody who is listening, I live in the midwest, and for what it is worth, put a business card or something over your VIN number. People up here, according to the police, have been using that number to get the resistor keys for these vehicles. It is also possible to do that with our F Bodies. Just a little food for thought.... I had my Impala SS stolen, and this is probably how the got it. No glass or anything, no tow marks from the tires, nothing.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Pretty close, Milwaukee. When they found the car, I mean there was nothing left. I was pissed, but at the same time, I couldn't believe someone could strip a car, there was absolutely nothing left but the frame of the car and the rear quarters.
Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
uhh.....chicago as well? if so i'll just take the ******* vin plate off
Old 11-07-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Y2K Z28
Did you read my post above? If you did you'd have seen that I said the idea behind an alarm is to make the car more difficult to steal so the theif wont bother trying. A car with an alarm on it in a residential area represents a huge risk to a car theif especially if he doesnt know about the alarm beforehand. In a parking lot I can say if your alarm sounds no one will look, but if it sounds while the car is in your driveway everyone will look it will wake you up or alert you to the theif and he will most likely run.
I understand your reasoning, but it seemed like you were saying that an alarm will prevent theft of a vehicle, and thats not true. I agree it helps, but if a thief is experenced and wants your car he/she will get it. If you have Joe Schmoe trying to rob your car, then the alarm will scare him away, but a professional thief isnt going to be scared away. Thats the only point im trying to make, and from the sound of it it seems like the guy who took the original posters camaro knows what hes doing as there was no glass or anything like that at the scene, meaning it probably wasnt a smash and grab technique but rather a clean theft. Anyways, give the guy a break as he just lost his car and doesnt need someone telling him that if he had an alarm then he would still have his car, hindsight is 20/20...
Old 11-07-2006, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Ok so check this out, I live in KY as well and just the other day coming home I noticed a car following me for like 25 mins on 75. As I took the exit off of 75 they persisted to again follow me, and whenever I stopped at a traffic light they turned their lights off and veered over to the side of the road. I started to get really suspicious, so whenever I came close to my Apartment complex, instead of taking a left to go into the Apts, I took a right into a nearbye gas station across the street. I pulled into the gas station and saw the car drive by very slowly with 2 middle aged guys looking over at me from within the car.

The next day as I was leaving from work, I saw the same exact car sitting in the parking lot ways away from where I was initally parked with THE SAME 2 GUYS I SAW LAST TIME. So I got into my car and called my friend to come pick me up, and when he did we drove away and waited 15-20 minutes and drove by and the car was still there. So just out of suspicion we repeated a drive by my car 15 minutes later and saw one of the guys trying to break into my car. So we pulled in with me screaming hell out from the top of my lungs, and the guy took off into the woods and the car went screeching out of the parking lot.

It's been several days since that occurred and haven't seen them since. Just this morning I saw a Black SS abandoned (from what it seemed) in the middle of 18 in Florence. With a **** load of cops surrounding it, I didn't see to much because I was in the lane to take the exit onto 75.

A couple of the F-body guys up here reported seeing the guys in the exact same car following them. So for any of you guys with newer f-bodies like me in the east KEEP A LOOK OUT, and report any suspicious activity to the police.

I couldn't imagine the things i'd do to these guys if I ever got my hands on them in the act....
Old 11-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Launching!

1 of the 100 reasons when I turn 21 I am getting a concealed handgun license. But for now the shotty and AK are working out for me just fine
Old 11-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Teching In

wow dude i feel for you! **** im working my *** off just to get my hands on an ls1, and it has been my savings since i was 10, and if somebody stole it from me when i got it there would be serious hell to pay, sorry man i hope you find your car!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Launching!

i would'nt **** nakoz off.i spotted him this weekend out of a big crowd.it was easy,because he's like 6'4 240-250.i know i wouldnt want to be on his bad side.

anyway roy i would be bugging the local destrahan cops and any other meterie or kenner police department you can(if you havent)

keep your head up bro.i know something good will come out of all this
Old 11-08-2006, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry about the loss, hope you can get it back...
Old 11-09-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any luck Nakos?

Unlimited - Smart that you caught those ******** trying to jack your car. ****'s pretty scary when you find two people stalking you from work to home. I hate thieves.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2001FireBird
Any luck Nakos?

Unlimited - Smart that you caught those ******** trying to jack your car. ****'s pretty scary when you find two people stalking you from work to home. I hate thieves.

Thanks...it was very freaky alone with the fact that I knew I was being stalked by people I didn't know, but when I saw that man attempting to break into my car and rob me away from my pride and joy....seemed as if it was a nightmare, and I just wanted to wake up asap. I could only imagine what Nakoz is going through.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

sorry to hear that man a whefriend of mine found who stole his 97 ws6 by looking in the performance parts section of the news paper. i know its a long shot but i tought id say it. Good luck and i hope you do a number on that **** face when you find him
Old 11-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Teching In

oh man thats terrible, theives need to burn, every last one of them
Old 11-09-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
EnGlIsH cLaSs WoUlD rEaLly BeNeFiT yOu In YoUr WrItInG SkIlLz AlL oF yOuR tYpInG iS hArD tO rEaD gRaNtEd Im NoT an EnGlIsH pRofFesSoR YoU kNoW wHaT i MeAn NoT tRyInG tO bE aN *** YeS i Am JuSt PlEaSe CoMmuNiCaTe BetTer ThAtd Be GrEaT oK SeE yA
Wow! That's pretty F!@K'ed. Does that make your ***** feel bigger putting down people like that? Maybe you’re a little more EDUMUCATED that he is in his writing skills but I think you need some education in your people skills.

Quick Reply: Stolen 2002 Camaro SS