Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the site

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site

Just checking in I've been registered and looking for a LS1 based car. I like all flavors of the LS1 based vehicles. I've been into sport compacts since '99 and have had a turbo '99 Civic that I built and just recently sold my '05 Neon SRT4/ACR with mods. Car were a fun time, but it's time to move on to something RWD and has a good amount of potential. Hence the reason for coming over to this site.

I've found a few cars that have caught my eye, but I'm not sure what I need to be looking for. I'm hoping for some help for some veterians to guide me along.

So far I've found a few cars, but none local which makes things difficult since I don't like to fly and don't have time to make a long trip to the other coast to check out a car. Maybe someone local can help me out by looking at the car(s) and providing some feedback, I know I'd gladly do it for someone looking at a car in AZ.

Here are a few cars that have caught my eye:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/589989-1999-ss-22k-original-miles-modded-gauging-interest.html

Car is awesome looking in the pics and has lower miles which is a definate bonus. Plus some mods which is a benefit also.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/620174-98-t-395rwhp-382rwtq.html

This is the closest car to me, but the compression is a little on the high side and the current owner isn't sure of the internals. Future plans would be a remote location turbo setup (possible), so 11:1 is going to limit boost and increase tuning. Plus we have crappy summer gas and I venture I have to run a octane booster just to keep the motor happy during the hot times. I really like the look of the Raptor hood and color.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/629455-98-ta-raptor-ca.html

Not close, but not as bad as driving to Florida or Virgina, once again like the Raptor hood, car has mods which is a plus, decent miles and good looking body from the pictures.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/601935-pewter-2000-ta-chrome-y2k-wheels-14k.html

Car looks nice, pics are a little blury. Has mods miles are a little high, but still within reason. Has potential (Raptor hood) and other mods.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...6&page=1&pp=20

I like the look of this car, not as many mods as other, has higher mileage and the N20 is a concern for me. Not a big fan of it.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/613760-supercharged-98-ss-sale.html

Like the look of the car, miles are a little high, has a S/C which is a major plus (although I'd loose the aftercooler for a FMIC setup & W/I). The only turn off is the sterio system work, not a big fan of it, but to each his own.

I would appreciate some tips, help and guidence from anyone.

Thanks in advance, if you prefer to PM instead of post on this thread any comments that may not be user friendly to the owners please feel free. I appreciate the help.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Welcome. I would suggest going onto autotrader.com and put in a search for your local area. The cars are out there you just have to keep looking.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome. I vote for the black SS!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JT LS1
Welcome. I would suggest going onto autotrader.com and put in a search for your local area. The cars are out there you just have to keep looking.
Been searching locally and within 500 miles, but haven't found anything that I really wanted. I've used several search engines too.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Darth Z
Welcome. I vote for the black SS!
I know it's on the top of my list, it's just the distance is the factor of me not making an offer!
Old 01-04-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

I like the black SS and the red TA with the raptor hood. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. If I were you I would go with the TA due to it being the closest to you and it is a sweet looking ride. Plus I know you said you don't like to fly but that would be a short flight and you could enjoy the drive back home in your new ride.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Braunbeck
I know it's on the top of my list, it's just the distance is the factor of me not making an offer!
Where are you and the car located? I' ll fly out to get the car, and drive it back, if you buy the ticket, and gimme those wheels for my fee!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Launching!

VSGLS1 is a moderator on this board, and I'm pretty sure his car is for sale. You definitely should check it out.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the offer to fly out for me, also I looked at VSGLS1 car and man awesome car, just out of my current budget.

Thanks for the heads up guys, keep the info coming.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

welcome
Old 01-05-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Braunbeck