LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Thanks Madman, for the busted oil pan..

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Thanks Madman, for the busted oil pan..

Really, thanks to a great group of guys, Steve, Brian & crew. My trip to Memphis was my first weekend of racing the car all year. everything was fine with the car, but work has had me bouncing all around the country, just to stay ahead of the shitty economy.

I threw a plate system on the car for this event, in the hopes of running some easy mid to high 9's, and place in the top 5 on the true street.

Brian & crew installed travel limiters, as testing showed that with square jetting (71) the car was getting up a little higher than I like. Also had him install LCA relocation brackets (beautiful welding job, by the way). They then scaled the car, which has never been done since I have had the car.

First run out I got a sweet & safe wheels up (anyone got video of that from Fri?) where the car ran a personal best 60' of 1.361, a 9.91 @135. I jetted it up to 82 square, which, even with a stand alone fuel system, is the limit that I'm willing to push a plate system. Then in the True street, the car spun on every run, to only a mid 10 average. I guess the prep wasnt there, in addition, to the rules on not being able to touch anything on the car except to take air out. Ran out of bottle on that last run.

Brian suggested taking the limiters out a hole. We left early Sun, so no time to try that out..

Got to Stanton yesterday, & did what Brian suggested, got a moderate pass on motor, then double checked everything, & went out for my last licence 9 sec pass. Great burnout, & let it rip...

Nothing but sky. I'm used to the car doing wheelies, but I usually get a little but of trees with my sky. In hindsite, had I been expecting this, I would have threw it into 2nd & rode it out... I let out of it, & it came down hard. Cracked the oil pan, on the passenger side, and looks like minor scuffs on the headers.

I'll have to get the wheels off when I get a chance to make sure they are straight, & check over the suspension.

So, the car is hooking great, thanks to Madman.. Brian, you should have talked me into those save your *** bars.. lol.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That damn madman, and his crazy hooking suspension setups

I did the big wheelie this year and got really lucky and saved the car, one small ding in one header prumary, other then that and the scrape on the bumper I came away untouched.

It's not fun doing that, good luck getting it back together!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
That damn madman, and his crazy hooking suspension setups
Exactly. I love the hook. It's just a matter of starting out slower to see how the car react to that particular track. Doesn't seem to be any major damage.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you send the car down to him?
Old 10-20-2008, 05:51 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you cant post stuff like this without including pics damn it!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
Did you send the car down to him?
No, I caught up with him in Memphis, & Brian scaled it & welded in the brackets right there at the track!!

Sorry, I dont have pics, I had someone taking pics, but the pic was shot a split second before the car reached maximum altitude, lol..

I'm looking to see if anyone got a good pic or video.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black Sunshine/ 00SS
So, the car is hooking great, thanks to Madman.. Brian, you should have talked me into those save your *** bars.. lol.
I do believe I tried to sell you some SYA Bars.. maybe i didn't try hard enough. lol Give me a call and we'll get you set up with a pair. Congrats on the great hooking set-up
Old 10-22-2008, 12:43 AM
TECH Addict

Steve, thanks again for your help with the tire, inaddition to the other services provided.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black Sunshine/ 00SS
Steve, thanks again for your help with the tire, inaddition to the other services provided.
I'm just glad that we got that taken care of. We are all about customer service, and a happy customer is a repeat customer. Thanks for doing business with us.